Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

22 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

2019 Gadchiroli attack: Suspected Naxal dies at hospice | Cities News,The Indian Express

10 days too late for me Nirmala Uppuganti dies in hospice. I see no one took a punt on her for this round.

Uppagenti was one of my last few cuts.  If our rosters were 15 deep she would have been on it.  I’ll have to look, I may have wrote ‘May’ (the month) next to her name.  Now I can cross it off.

• Like 1

Fateminia back in hospital, so there's a chance

As of today, I'm Covid-negative again. The game may resume...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Right on time, my unique pick Mosharraf Hossain has died:

https://www.tbsnews.net/sports/former-national-team-cricketer-mosharraf-rubel-passes-away-405938

Also picked significantly in AltObits and DDP.

Certainly significant for me in the DDP. Chances of a QO? I'm guessing that his lack of popularity was down to his obit risk. 

first sub...........................

Well, Facebook says that my Joker (Dick Brewer) though 85 has nothing more than MSD and two days ago went back to the shop and is making surfboards again.  So that’s a miss.

However - Pablo Luna all but assures victory!  
All hail the Phoenix, AZ muralist!

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/7372942001

F9B6E884-35F0-4F67-812D-FE9F6B8DE3B6.jpeg

• Like 1

With the Reaper back off his Easter vacation, we continue the DL Cup with a brace of uniques. 

First up is Mosharraf Hossain, one of the leading Bangladeshi bowlers of his generation. He was one of the key figures in dragging the Dhaka Gladiators to the 2013 Bangladeshi Cricket Premier League, and featured five times for the country's ODI outfit. He'd been fighting brain cancer for three years and was finally caught by the illness this month. gcreptile goes 7 clear against msc in their tie.

Pablo Luna went from graffiti artist to muralist, with his works found all over Phoenix, Arizona. A diabetic, he suffered a heart attack in February and had been hospitalized ever since. Sir Cunto tears the wall down to go eight clear of Banana.

Annami 3 v TQR 3

maryportfuncity  6 v BabyBlue 3

Salmon Mousse 21 v alt obits guy 6

YorkshireBanker 0 v DevonDeathTrip 3

Joey Russ 16 v Perhaps 6

Captain Hemlock 9 v  The Old Crem 0

gcreptile 16 v msc 9 

Banana 6 v Sir Cunto 14

• Like 1

From the consolation prize department, I had Belgian singer Arno as a solo.

26 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

From the consolation prize department, I had Belgian singer Arno as a solo.

From the "Fucking Arsebiscuits" department, I dropped Belgium singer Arno from my teams this year.

• Haha 1

Arno was apparently known as the "Tom Waits of Belgium", so at least the Flemish get their own tuneless overrated growling blowhard. Formerly of eurorock progenitors TC Matic, he went solo in the mid-80s and had consistently been one of Belgium's biggest-selling singer-songwriters of the past three decades. He also became friends with Marvin Gaye when the soulster briefly lived in Belgium during the early 1980s, and regularly cooked for him. Perhaps if his kitchen skills were better Gaye wouldn't have had to return to the US and walk in on his dad having a wank while wearing stockings. Anyway, the Arno has now dried up and alt obits guy gets a unique, if probably meaningless, hit.

Annami 3 v TQR 3

maryportfuncity  6 v BabyBlue 3

Salmon Mousse 21 v alt obits guy 10

YorkshireBanker 0 v DevonDeathTrip 3

Joey Russ 16 v Perhaps 6

Captain Hemlock 9 v  The Old Crem 0

gcreptile 16 v msc 9 

Banana 6 v Sir Cunto 14

• Like 1

No, not a hit, just posting how my Egyptian actor pick Abdul Rahman Abu Zahra has had repeated ups and downs this month.

From being hospitalised and not being able to eat, to still being critical a week later, to being stable but then returning to intensive care, and leaving the hospital, to being readmitted to the hospital just one day after discharge.

You really can't put more health updates and twists and turns in a month.

• Like 1

No one had Tanaka?  I had decided to include her next month if I advance.  Ah well.  I had an inkling.

22 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

No one had Tanaka?  I had decided to include her next month if I advance.  Ah well.  I had an inkling.

If it makes you feel better I likely would’ve picked her as well. Those last few photos looked a bit, er, grim

I had her in the last two teams, but this time I dropped her. I should learn to be more patient

I'm glad nobody had her as I couldn't really do two "BAH GAWD THAT'S CAIN/KANE'S MUSIC" blurbs in a month.

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

She was my sub FFS 

Ronald R Van Stockum only went and died a month too late for me

9 hours ago, TQR said:

She was my sub FFS 

Mine too, might have eased the squeaky bum nature of my tie in the last four days

Just a few days left until the May round, where my strategy of cursing my opponents picks to stay alive will cease and @Salmon Mousse will deliver my long awaited squonking.

• Like 2

On 27/04/2022 at 02:19, Captain Hemlock said:

Just a few days left until the May round, where my strategy of cursing my opponents picks to stay alive will cease and @Salmon Mousse will deliver my long awaited squonking.

Speaking of which I'm somewhat jet lagged after flying home from Oz, but I might have to apply what's left of my brain atm to scramble a team for May - surprised my tight little tie hasn't seen scoring action for well over a fortnight.

I've been absolutely riddled with a cold these past few days (nice to be bedridden, headachey and sneezing non-stop without worrying about COVID, huh?), but yes: you have 38 hours or so to get your teams in for the next round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I've been absolutely riddled with a cold these past few days (nice to be bedridden, headachey and sneezing non-stop without worrying about COVID, huh?), but yes: you have 38 hours or so to get your teams in for the next round.

How bad you feeling Spade? And, ermm - could you give us some pointers re your q/o chances in this lowest hanging of dead pools?

Askin' for a friend, like!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1