Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

8 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

That does count. Will update in the morning.

How the hell did the ones I posted NOT count? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How the hell did the ones I posted NOT count? 

They are computer-generated.

You can often recognize them by their identical layout. These sites have the same structure and usually no individual author. Then at the end the original source is linked to.

• Thanks 1

Also, weird language usage - for instance:

The interpreter of Tamo cello He was the father of a girl and a few days before the accident he had expressed in his nets his full happiness at having been able to buy the land where he would build the house for his daughter.

So in tribute to the last few posts, I decided to let Google machine-translate the latest update back-and-forth into English a few times.

Nubia is the new name of the Argentine music movement in Argentina. Such a new name was not registered until Covid lost its first food supplier during the closing period. In 2021, he made the top 10 in his homeland - he sang "Indo No, Rindo" with Pero Primo, R. Jotta, DJ Plaga and DT Billardo. Cars are a big advantage in the Cambrian world, but here it is more: May 24th. Nuba races a white Peugeot without a helmet. It took a week, but his announcement received seven points more than Devontrip.

Joey Russ 7 vs Salmon Mousse 3

DevonDeathTrip 0 vs gcreptile 7

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well well well according to one Jonathon Feit on Facebook, Dr Greg Mears has been 'out of hospice' since March 21.  Bad news for DDT.   

Jonathon Feit

March 21 

"From the #ManOfFaith department, I'm thrilled to tell the #MobileMedical world that our friend Greg Mears has come out of hospice!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Well well well according to one Jonathon Feit on Facebook, Dr Greg Mears has been 'out of hospice' since March 21.  Bad news for DDT.   

Jonathon Feit

March 21 

"From the #ManOfFaith department, I'm thrilled to tell the #MobileMedical world that our friend Greg Mears has come out of hospice!"

Good find, I looked really hard for news on him, never found any.

On 14/06/2022 at 01:16, gcreptile said:

Good find, I looked really hard for news on him, never found any.

Me neither, as my Cup teams in April and May would indicate lmao ugh 

And the DL Cup gets hit by the Hopler effect. Jay Hopler was a poet who, in addition to his own works, was also noted for his translations of the output of Georg Trakl. His most recent anthology, Still Life, was started the day after he was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer and was published just one week ago. DDT finally gets on the scoreboard for the semis, but unfortunately for him he falls an extra three points behind thanks to gcreptile's captaincy pick.

Joey Russ 7 vs Salmon Mousse 3

DevonDeathTrip 3 vs gcreptile 13

• Like 3

Alright, seems like the Deadpooling gods want to send me into the second Cup finale in a row.

And no matter how that goes, I think it might just be my last competitive Cup game. It's been fun, but yeah, it also took quite some time to always be on top of the news.

I might be up for hosting in 2024 though, if I manage to hand my part in the DDP over by then.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I think I will drop my "extremely minor names" list, my Cup storage, so to say, similar to last year. 

• Like 2

Yep, it seems Taylor had a terminal cancer diagnosis and couldn't shake it off. Nigel Taylor was the former chairman of Somerset County Council, who in November 2020 said that copper wiring shouldn't be installed as "gypsies would fill their pockets with it". He was diagnosed with cancer just months later, which is exactly why I always buy heather when asked. Anyway, Joey Russ and gcreptile both increase their leads and it's pretty obvious what the final is going to be now...

Joey Russ 10 vs Salmon Mousse 3

DevonDeathTrip 3 vs gcreptile 16

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I might be up for hosting in 2024 though,

So I'm still hosting this next year then?

44 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

So I'm still hosting this next year then?

Heh, I'm afraid I can't answer that.

Next year, I plan on revising the DDP files in these early year weeks (weekends!). No Cup hosting for me then.

Dame Deborah James' death is very much a case of You, Me and the Big (c), as both our trailers in this tournament captained the headteacher-turned-blogger-turned-charity-campaigner. DevonDeathTrip probably still has too far a gap to make up on gcreptile, but with Salmon Mousse only four adrift, Joey Russ is facing squeaky-bum time. Just like... too soon?

Joey Russ 13 vs Salmon Mousse 9

DevonDeathTrip 9 vs gcreptile 19

• Like 2

Terry Gardner, mayor of Minden, Louisiana (pop 12,035) succumbs to pancreatic and liver cancer.

I will not yield (yet).

Just a small curiosity while I wait with excitement how far DDT's rapid final lap is going to take him...

...El Noba would have received a QO through a mention in the Billboard print magazine, which for some reason has been posted here:

https://www.billboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/june-24-2022-billboard-bulletin.pdf (page 25, right column, close to the end)

The death of Terry Gardner gives our match the third-highest combined score in Cup history. I think we can both be pleased with the result.

• Like 2

Ok, now I've remembered there are only 30 days in June, I give up :)

Oh yeah, there are only 30 days in June. Four hours left for DDT to find two stiffs down the side of the sofa following Terry Gardner's death.

Joey Russ 13 vs Salmon Mousse 9

DevonDeathTrip 13 vs gcreptile 19

Quickly scooting around the picks to see if we've missed anyone, and while everyone's favourite Chinese social media celebrity Mint Sauce Small Q seems to still be with us, I'm quite taken by the Google Translation of this article about another possible pick for your deadpool teams from the orient:

image.png.5c8bbb8665a6255c96e6efa3776486a3.png

• Haha 2

Spade it looks like you can’t receive any more messages when I was sending in my cup team. 

Team submitted, thank you DDT for a good round, and good luck to my opponent!

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Spade it looks like you can’t receive any more messages when I was sending in my cup team. 

Oh dear, do I have to write that whole email again?

Edit: No, just took some time to show up.

Both teams now in. Will hold until midnight GMT just in case there's any late developments.

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Both teams now in. Will hold until midnight GMT just in case there's any late developments.

Zelenko dying certainly is a development on my end. Not great though…

• Like 1