Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

One of my squad, Les Jenkins, also known as Stupid Evil Bastard, dead.

Chances of anything approaching an obituary rather negligible I would have thought  :unsure:

I’m reading his bio and page and scratching my head trying to figure out on what basis he was allowed.

• Like 1

My curiosity is stung - given surely Bret would have be talking about it if his brother was about to bite the dust, what Wayne Hart is this?

I was told this guy wasn’t a celebrity.  
I’m assuming the hospital CEO, the surgeon, and the philanthropist who funded the hospital all qualify, but the patient of the historic medical procedure…well of course not.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/us-man-1st-pig-heart-transplant-dies-months-83339981

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

I’m assuming the hospital CEO, the surgeon, and the philanthropist who funded the hospital all qualify, but the patient of the historic medical procedure…well of course not.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/us-man-1st-pig-heart-transplant-dies-months-83339981

Almost like the only reason he got famous was because of the procedure and not cause of anything else. This isn’t even the first time someone got an animal heart, just the first time someone got a heart of a pig

(Also I extremely doubt that any of the other folk you mention would qualify)

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

You might assume that, yes. But then you are a moron.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

yeah he was my number one sub - didn’t realise he’d been disallowed but softens the pain for me.

A six (6)-day cup dry spell is broken... by the fucking gamerunner. The whole point of the gamerunner entering a team is that you're meant to have some easy meat to knock out so he can concentrate on running the damn thing. I have to research another month while answering 30 messages about whether this butcher from Schmuckville, Idaho is a valid pick? Anyway.... I'm not going to pretend I ever watched Braxton Family Values but from my understanding Traci, while not the most vocally gifted of the Braxton sisters, was one of the most memable, and her side-eye reactions will doubtless live on in gif form long after her body has been consumed by worms. SpadeCooley goes 7-3 up in his match against gcreptile.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47imupxdaacwkaajuob9

DeathByArsenic 0 vs Captain Hemlock 0

BabyBlue 4 vs Predictor 0

Banana 7 vs Masterffull 0

HDS 0 vs The Old Crem 0

YorkshireBanker 0 vs An Fear Baeg 3

maryportfuncity 0 vs Famous6Eva 0

Pop_Zeus vs Perhaps 3

gcreptile 3 vs SpadeCooley 7

MariNisia 0 vs msc 3

Book 3 vs Sir Cunto 3

Grim Up North 3 vs Salmon Mousse 3

Bibliogryphon 0 vs Annami 6

CaptainChorizo 0 vs TQR 3

Sideik 3 vs alt obits guy 4

deadsox 0 vs Joey Russ 3

DevonDeathTrip 3 vs CalebH 0

Heh, well you know, you didn't have to wait until the 2nd to last day to submit. Credit though for this unique hit.

• Like 1

"Quick" Vic Elford may have never podiumed in F1 himself, but he's given several cup teams a chance of shaking the DL champagne in a few months' time. msc cashes in a joker meaning MariNisia's hit counts for less than nothing. CaptainChorizo and TQR cancel each other out, Predictor claws some ground back, maryportfuncity goes 3-0 up, Joey Russ increases his lead and Sideik takes a two-point lead over alt obits guy.

BabyBlue 4 vs Predictor 3

HDS 0 vs The Old Crem 0

maryportfuncity 3 vs Famous6Eva 0

Pop_Zeus vs Perhaps 3

MariNisia 3 vs msc 9

Book 3 vs Sir Cunto 3

CaptainChorizo 3 vs TQR 6

Sideik 6 vs alt obits guy 4

deadsox 0 vs Joey Russ 6

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"Quick" Vic Elford may have never podiumed in F1 himself, but he's given several cup teams a chance of shaking the DL champagne in a few months' time. msc cashes in a joker meaning MariNisia's hit counts for less than nothing. CaptainChorizo and TQR cancel each other out, Predictor claws some ground back, maryportfuncity goes 3-0 up, Joey Russ increases his lead and Sideik takes a two-point lead over alt obits guy.

HDS 0 vs The Old Crem 0

Pop_Zeus vs Perhaps 3

MariNisia 3 vs msc 9

Book 3 vs Sir Cunto 3

deadsox 0 vs Joey Russ 6

Oohh, kicked some life into my moribund rubber hereabouts - if he's ignored by the British press I'm thinking he'll still get a mention at the end of the year by BBC sport in their list of dead sportspeople so my DDP points will arrive, one way or another. 19 teams have him on the DDP.

Shahabuddin Ahmed was a two-time president of Bangladesh whose Wikipedia entry doesn't really have enough information for me to say anything funny about him. Actually, when he retired in 2001 he said: ""I am an angel if anything is done according to their desire, otherwise I am a devil." And he's an angel now, with his wings giving gcreptile four points for a unique hit. However, he still lags behind your gamerunner on average age of hits. 

Michael MacEwan I felt very able to disqualify as a pick because I found him as well, and couldn't find any reference to him online beforehand that wasn't from his church. If you want to be a qualifying hit as a reverend, you really should commit at least three acts of child abuse.

HDS 0 vs The Old Crem 0

Pop_Zeus vs Perhaps 3

gcreptile 7 vs SpadeCooley 7

MariNisia 3 vs msc 9

Book 3 vs Sir Cunto 3

deadsox 0 vs Joey Russ 6

• Like 3

Who knew that it would be the RUSSIAN generals who would die?  By Christ we ALL chose the Ukrainian leaders - SirC even went a bit astray looking for a solo - and we were all wrong.  
I feel violated as a Deadpooler.  Maybe you do too, I don’t know.  I just know I’m practised at the art and this result is unacceptable to common sensibilities.  I do not accept it. The deadpooling industry has been violated.

SC

43 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Who knew that it would be the RUSSIAN generals who would die?  By Christ we ALL chose the Ukrainian leaders - SirC even went a bit astray looking for a solo - and we were all wrong.  
I feel violated as a Deadpooler.  Maybe you do too, I don’t know.  I just know I’m practised at the art and this result is unacceptable to common sensibilities.  I do not accept it. The deadpooling industry has been violated.

SC

I didn't pick anyone involved with the crisis but I do still feel violated as all my comatose picks have miraculously recovered.

I am not in a good place to progress to the next round but I have a team prepared just in case

When will you be accepting entries?

7 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

I didn't pick anyone involved with the crisis but I do still feel violated as all my comatose picks have miraculously recovered.

And you're still beating me! :D

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

When will you be accepting entries?

I mean technically any time, I already have entries submitted last month by people who were worried they weren't going to be able to put a squad in for April. Formally it's seven days before the new round starts, but if you need to submit now...

Looks like things got a bit too spicy for the Pepper. Yep, legendary territory-era wrestler Pepper Martin has died, and to the eternal shame of myself and the rest of the DL faithful who keenly track grappler mortality it wasn't any of us who noted he was on his last legs. Instead, alt obits guy comes flying off the turnbuckle with a stunning eight points to leave Sideik facing a 2.9 count.

HDS 0 vs The Old Crem 0

Pop_Zeus 0 vs Perhaps 3

gcreptile 7 vs SpadeCooley 7

MariNisia 3 vs msc 9

Book 3 vs Sir Cunto 3

Sideik 6 vs alt obits guy 12

deadsox 0 vs Joey Russ 6

• Like 2

Also, Captain Hemlock could still make round 3 without recording a single death. Catenaccio deadpooling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Also, Captain Hemlock could still make round 3 without recording a single death. Catenaccio deadpooling?

A strategy I would not recommend to other players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am not in a good place to progress to the next round but I have a team prepared just in case

faith.gif.537b0560ccc9606ca70e9ff00e9873aa.gif

• Like 3