An Fear Beag

The Joker's Dead Pool 2022

Penalised for having half of my team die - outrageous! 

Congrats Crem. Looking forward to seeing how the rules are slimmed down for this years pool.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Penalised for having half of my team die - outrageous! 

Congrats Crem. Looking forward to seeing how the rules are slimmed down for this years pool.

The rules won't be slimmed down. In fact there will be more of them and they will be more complicated :lol:

It will be slimmed down to the degree that there will be fewer picks per team. 

• Like 1

Congrats Crem!

This competition does have a lot of dramatic potential.... I assume, with the bonusses factored in, there was tons of drama going on, chronologically.

A little randomness is still there, my score still sucks... but I guess Perhaps would have a better right to complain, and Crem got a high enough number of hits.

After all, the DDP doesn't factor in the sheer number of hits either.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Congrats Crem!

This competition does have a lot of dramatic potential.... I assume, with the bonusses factored in, there was tons of drama going on, chronologically.

A little randomness is still there, my score still sucks... but I guess Perhaps would have a better right to complain, and Crem got a high enough number of hits.

After all, the DDP doesn't factor in the sheer number of hits either.

There certainly could be a lot of drama in it, if I had time to keep up to date with the hits as they came in. Its a bit of a bugger to run it though, with the complicated bonuses, and above all the number of picks per team. I have cut it from 50 to 30 picks this year, so that should make it a little easier to run.

To be honest, I would probably be better off passing the pool onto someone else, rather than trying to run this and the Hares. However, I would like to get it a little more settled before I do. I'll probably see how it runs this year, make a few more tweaks to it next year, then pass it over.

• Like 2

Congrats to Crem! Well done!
Looking forward to the new 2023 game.

Thanks for running this An Fear Beag!

• Like 2

Congrats TOC for winning and AFB for successfully applying all the rules (assuming you did - I cba to check!)

Bring on the new game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Congrats TOC for winning and AFB for successfully applying all the rules (assuming you did - I cba to check!)

That's what I'm counting on ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I demand a recount. Points must have been missed, you screwed up the count, I must have won, there’s been collusion. Moderators ! MODERATORS!!!.........

Seriously though big thanks AFB for the time and effort put into this, and well done Old Crem for a well deserved victory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow I actually won something. I’m amazed. 

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

• Like 2

On 01/02/2023 at 06:14, An Fear Beag said:

5.      +1 for every misspelling in their entry

FTR I didn’t play this DP; however, rewarding incompetence has to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen.

As for the ‘controversy’ the sensible thing to do would have been to acknowledged the first five names.  
That is all. My work is done here.

Congrats to The Old Crem

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

FTR I didn’t play this DP; however, rewarding incompetence has to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen.

As for the ‘controversy’ the sensible thing to do would have been to acknowledged the first five names.  
That is all. My work is done here.

Congrats to The Old Crem

I suggest you take it up with @Joey Russwho made the hidden bonus originally. However, I suspect he is the one person on the planet who gives less of a fuck than I do. 

• Like 2