dimreaper

David Jason

After conducting an extensive search through the forums, I was surprised to discover that David Jason did not yet have his own thread. Although he doesn't appear to suffer from any known illnesses, I would argue that as one Of Britain's most famous TV actors, the "only Fools and Horses" deserves his own thread. Especially with the recent passing of John Challis, it just appears that his generation is beginning to disappear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sir David Jason turns 82 in 10 days. Whilst he looks quite ropey, his brother, actor Arthur White turns 89 in September. I think he'll go first.

• Like 1

If only there was a thread for Only Fools and Horses...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banana said:

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 10.18.25 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Banana said:

To merge or not to merge.

So every TV actor gets his own thread now? John Thaw and George Cole never got one, what makes this guy so special?

There’s a lot more to him than Del Boy. He deserves his own thread a fuck side more than a lot of the recent creations.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

So every TV actor gets his own thread now? John Thaw and George Cole never got one, what makes this guy so special?

Considering George was a 2015 DL hit, I'd imagine he had/has his own thread.

• Like 1

Del Boy
Jack Frost

Granville 

And not forgetting Capt Guy Hubble, the Royal Bodyguard…

17 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Del Boy
Jack Frost

Granville 

More importantly…..

Count Duckula

Dangermouse

Victor or Hugo (can’t remember who was who)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Del Boy
Jack Frost

Granville 

2 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Count Duckula

Dangermouse

Victor or Hugo (can’t remember who was who)

Pa Larkin

Blanco

• Like 1

Crossroads as well. His brother Arthur Whites character was engaged to Kath Brownlow in the series during the mid 80s. 

Turns out he nearly took a major role in Corrie during the mid 70s but that was cast to someone else and was clearly before he hit proper fame in late 1970s onwards. 

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

If that’s confusing you maybe step down and let a less senior person run this thing.

7 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Decided not to as he's been in quite a number of other things.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

If that’s confusing you maybe step down and let a less senior person run this thing.

For instance? 

6 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Pa Larkin

Blanco

The BFG 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

For instance? 

Give it to Creep.

He always talks sense, he conducts himself in a calm, measured and reasoned way, he doesn’t suffer with any ego issues at all and, above all else, he’s extremely popular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, dimreaper said:

After conducting an extensive search through the forums, I was surprised to discover that David Jason did not yet have his own thread. Although he doesn't appear to suffer from any known illnesses, I would argue that as one Of Britain's most famous TV actors, the "only Fools and Horses" deserves his own thread. Especially with the recent passing of John Challis, it just appears that his generation is beginning to disappear.

Maybe in the next 10 years.

I'll never understand why every celebrity with the notability for making the DL needs a thread and I'll never understand why there's so much timidity in deleting/merging these threads..

The way I see it there's really only 2 types of celebrities that need a thread, 

1. Celebrities who could actually be expected to make the list in the coming year (e.g. because of imminent health/age related issues)

2. Celebrities who seemingly have lots of health news surrounding them (e.g. Jair Bolsonaro)

David Jason is neither of these things and already benefits from having a ensemble thread.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Banana said:

I'll never understand why every celebrity with the notability for making the DL needs a thread and I'll never understand why there's so much timidity in deleting/merging these threads..

The way I see it there's really only 2 types of celebrities that need a thread, 

1. Celebrities who could actually be expected to make the list in the coming year (e.g. because of imminent health/age related issues)

2. Celebrities who seemingly have lots of health news surrounding them (e.g. Jair Bolsonaro)

David Jason is neither of these things and already benefits from having a ensemble thread.

I understand what your saying and completely respect your viewpoint. I think what sometimes gets lost about this site, is that it's more than just a contest. Our fascination with who lives and dies isn't a callous fetish, as much as it is a peculiar means of paying tribute to those who have shaped our world. I'm just a millennial from the States, but David Jason to me is a true legend of comedy and British TV. So often, it feels our heroes are dying off faster than they can be replaced. These giants who we laughed with, grew up with, and changed the way we viewed our world sometimes seemed more like friends and family members than celebrities. So often whenever theirs a big miss on the list, all the idiots come forward and say "why wasn't he/she on the list?' and as pointless as it is, sometimes, there is a feeling that the big Hollywood names crowd out other great candidates who contributed equally to the worlds cultural tapestry. Just because someone isn't known to have age related health issues, doesn't mean they don't exist. Famous people who chose to keep their health battles private will inevitably become misses on this list. All i'm saying is this contest can benefit with considering colorful personalities whose health may not be considered front page news after they have stepped away from public eye.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Facepalm me away for making this sentimental comment. Just expressing how I truly feel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dimreaper said:

I understand what your saying and completely respect your viewpoint. I think what sometimes gets lost about this site, is that it's more than just a contest. Our fascination with who lives and dies isn't a callous fetish, as much as it is a peculiar means of paying tribute to those who have shaped our world. I'm just a millennial from the States, but David Jason to me is a true legend of comedy and British TV. So often, it feels our heroes are dying off faster than they can be replaced. These giants who we laughed with, grew up with, and changed the way we viewed our world sometimes seemed more like friends and family members than celebrities. So often whenever theirs a big miss on the list, all the idiots come forward and say "why wasn't he/she on the list?' and as pointless as it is, sometimes, there is a feeling that the big Hollywood names crowd out other great candidates who contributed equally to the worlds cultural tapestry. Just because someone isn't known to have age related health issues, doesn't mean they don't exist. Famous people who chose to keep their health battles private will inevitably become misses on this list. All i'm saying is this contest can benefit with considering colorful personalities whose health may not be considered front page news after they have stepped away from public eye.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Facepalm me away for making this sentimental comment. Just expressing how I truly feel.

Look we all have celebrities we admire, however this is probably one of the worst places on the internet to be divulging your love of celebrities. I really don't think there's a single person (other than some people here) who'd consider it an honour to be recognized by the fellow hell dwellers that waste their spare time obsessing over death. That being said, this is a forum on the health of said celebrities. You yourself said,

All i'm saying is this contest can benefit with considering colorful personalities whose health may not be considered front page news after they have stepped away from public eye.

so I assume you have some information pertaining to their health. If it's private, keep it that way. There are simply better places to share your admiration for entertainers.

For example,

145459619_dl1.thumb.png.0cb74224486dbef190888dbed6fe493f.png783321699_dl2.png.14f045ba4e3f40c8ceab01a94858d2ef.png

• Like 1

Not a matter of admiration. I've honestly never seen any of his work nor have I ever watched a single episode of "Only Fools and Horses". I was merely bringing up that many people recognize him as an icon. He's very well known and as Paul bearer said, his work encompasses a number of well known projects outside of "Only Fools and Horses". 

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Not a matter of admiration. I've honestly never seen any of his work nor have I ever watched a single episode of "Only Fools and Horses". I was merely bringing up that many people recognize him as an icon. He's very well known and as Paul bearer said, his work encompasses a number of well known projects outside of "Only Fools and Horses". 

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You're missing the point. We don't disagree. I actually agree that he's notable enough for his own thread. However, there are hundreds of celebrities notable enough for their own thread, but don't require one. This is one of these cases. I know people will keep making threads like these, but I just wanted to give my two cents and you are an unfortunate victim.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Banana said:

You're missing the point. We don't disagree. I actually agree that he's notable enough for his own thread. However, there are hundreds of celebrities notable enough for their own thread, but don't require one. This is one of these cases. I know people will keep making threads like these, but I just wanted to give my two cents and you are an unfortunate victim.

In that case, I'm considering legal recourse for emotional distress. Also, perhaps consider going after Hayley next time she creates one of her random threads.

• Like 3

Just now, dimreaper said:

In that case, I'm considering legal recourse for emotional distress. Also, perhaps consider going after Hayley next time she creates one of her random threads.

Direct any legal action towards Paul Bearer

• Like 1