Stayin Alive

Luciano Pavarotting.

What is the word on Paverotti lately?

There is no word, hence why no one has been posting in this thread. When there's news, I'm sure it will be posted.

Promising news about Luciano Pavarotti! According to an important dutch newssite, the italian tenor knows that his days are counted. For those who did not yet find the time to catch up their dutch:

"World-famous tenor Luciano Pavarotti knows that he has not long to live, according to his daughter Giuliana in an interview with the Italian magazin Diva e Donna. Italian press agency ANSA published the news last tuesday.

"He knows that he is to die soon, and he is very eager to meet his parents again and to finally find peace," says Giuliana.

Pavarotti underwent surgery because of pancreatic cancer a year ago. It is said that the opera singer lost 30 kilograms since then.

"Daddy is very strong," confirms Giulani about her 71-year-old father, who is still exercising to recover from the surgery. "The rest of the day he gives singing classes and he plays cards with his old friends.

Hmm, that would have been an excellent DL-hit. Let's hope that the obesed eunuch arrogant wop operastar lives out the year.

Promising news about Luciano Pavarotti! According to an important dutch newssite, the italian tenor knows that his days are counted.

Or perhaps not.

It appears that those words were taken out of context. (ie I'm in my 70's, I know I'm not gonna be around forever, not I'm gonna be dead tomorrow)

Pavarotti recording again, teaching & swimming.

Looks like the much-maligned DL committee may just've got this one right.

Promising news about Luciano Pavarotti! According to an important dutch newssite, the italian tenor knows that his days are counted.

Or perhaps not.

It appears that those words were taken out of context. (ie I'm in my 70's, I know I'm not gonna be around forever, not I'm gonna be dead tomorrow)

Pavarotti recording again, teaching & swimming.

Looks like the much-maligned DL committee may just've got this one right.

I'm more inclined to believe the first report. We shall see.

Promising news about Luciano Pavarotti! According to an important dutch newssite, the italian tenor knows that his days are counted. For those who did not yet find the time to catch up their dutch:

"World-famous tenor Luciano Pavarotti knows that he has not long to live, according to his daughter Giuliana in an interview with the Italian magazin Diva e Donna. Italian press agency ANSA published the news last tuesday.

"He knows that he is to die soon, and he is very eager to meet his parents again and to finally find peace," says Giuliana.

Pavarotti underwent surgery because of pancreatic cancer a year ago. It is said that the opera singer lost 30 kilograms since then.

"Daddy is very strong," confirms Giulani about her 71-year-old father, who is still exercising to recover from the surgery. "The rest of the day he gives singing classes and he plays cards with his old friends.

Hmm, that would have been an excellent DL-hit. Let's hope that the obesed eunuch arrogant wop operastar lives out the year.

The thing that struck me is that his parents are still alive. There can't be many 71 year olds who can say that.

The thing that struck me is that his parents are still alive. There can't be many 71 year olds who can say that.

Ehm... Handrejka: nor can Pavarotti, his parents died five years ago. He was reported to be very eager to meet them... in the afterlive I suppose.

Ah I get it now. I shouldn't really come here while zonked out on pain killers.

Mrs Pavarotti says her husband is fine:

"Luciano is very optimistic and he is filled with happiness."

Sounds like he's off his head on morphine.

Joker hit for me in three months.

"Luciano is very optimistic and he is filled with happiness."

All this "he's doing wonderfully" smacks of the usual PR stuff we've heard before. I think Luciano is going to be scoring soon (and I don't mean with his wife or mistress).

Brief blurb on Pavarotti.

Not much there, and it's from the New York Post, which might as well be a tabloid.

Positive progress pavarottii

What are the odds on all three tenors dying on the same day? I think Carreras had some health problems before, although Domingo seems to be doing OK, although pretty chubby.

Wikipedia reporting Pav dead but, unsurprisingly enough, nowhere else is at the moment, so the fat lady is still waiting to sing.

Wikipedia reporting Pav dead but, unsurprisingly enough, nowhere else is at the moment, so the fat lady is still waiting to sing.

What's more reliable these days "man in the pub" or Wiki?

Or is Wiki the new "man in the pub"?

It was put up there by an anonymous IP with no other edits except for listing Pavarotti as dead. There's no news hits, no breaking news on CNN or BBC, no mention on his website, not even a blog mention. Unless said IP happens to have some serious connections (such as works in the hospital where Pavarotti is staying), I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Guest Guest_dave_*

Ive got a feeling he'll die soon.Its just a hunch so dont put money on it or nothing

Ive got a feeling he'll die soon.Its just a hunch so dont put money on it or nothing

nope, I won't put any money on it.

What odds are you currently giving on Michael Foot?

It's been over a year since you claimed to be able to predict his death or that his death was imminent?