Medical issues i'm aware of:

• Drug addiction (cocaine)
  • Fainted on her talk show in 2017 due to dehydration
  • Fractured her shoulder in 2018
  • Lymphedema in ankles
  • Had Covid last year
  • Graves' disease
  • Vertigo

Also, the whole "being locked out of her bank accounts because she's not mentally competent" thing

Recent pic taken by her brother. https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/wendy-williams-pushing-through-fog-26421039. Definitely not sitting in a regular chair (you can see the black support behind her shoulder, indicating the chair is different from the regular brown chairs in the photo), though I can't tell if she's in a wheelchair or not.

Claims to have a husband but her brother and her rep denied it. All a bit weird.

Also her health conditions have seemingly progressed, but she says she'll be back:

wendy-williams-70.thumb.jpg.c5e6e6ac6dc752caced63611ec4e988e.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000752418330.thumb.jpg.73a9bfabd72ff89d1eee514a269f74e1.jpg

Uhh... wow

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Claims to have a husband but her brother and her rep denied it. All a bit weird.

Also her health conditions have seemingly progressed, but she says she'll be back:

wendy-williams-70.thumb.jpg.c5e6e6ac6dc752caced63611ec4e988e.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000752418330.thumb.jpg.73a9bfabd72ff89d1eee514a269f74e1.jpg

Hyperthyroidism + cocaine addiction + extensive plastic surgery = heart failure. That would explain her loss of weight and dry looking skin. 

Never heard of her but whoa! the state of her legs. More cellulite and stretch marks than mine :o

With the amount of money she would have earnt to be on TV you would have thought she'd have a personal trainer or some kind of special moisturiser to help with toning up her legs. Or you know, dress your age and not like an 18 year old.

• Like 1

Knowing them they'll give her the keys to a Mini Cooper in the hope she'll do a Heche

A very long profile about the end of her show in The Hollywood Reporter. My personal opinion of her aside, the article paints a very troubling picture. I honestly found it depressing to read at points, though I'll share what stuck out to me:

• Executives held a meeting with her in September 2021 about whether she was well enough to come back to her show. They arrived early and she seemed fine, but as soon as the time came to start, the meeting fell apart within three minutes because she suddenly had no idea what was going on.
  • While her histories with addiction and Grave's disease are well known, she's had many other health problems that have led to severe cognitive impairment, and it's apparently still not clear what's causing them.
  • Executives say that they had to tell her multiple times that her show was being cancelled and she was not coming back to TV. I think some of this could have been denial early on. But after a point it seems that she genuinely did not remember any of the previous conversations. This continued up until she saw a promo for the final episode of the show, and was apparently completely shocked about it even though she had been told multiple times over the last several months it was coming.
  • There's a general consensus for those around her that she is very much not well enough to return to broadcasting, and that she absolutely shouldn't have done the interviews that she has. 
  • Like 6
  • Shocked 1

Two questions come to mine

- does anyone know What can be her illness 

- should we consider her for next year list ? 

4 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Two questions come to mine

- does anyone know What can be her illness 

- should we consider her for next year list ? 

She'll be on my personal list for next year.

It may take 3-5 years though honestly.

update. Doesn't look great. What's wrong with her eyes ? 

Another article with video from TMZ in which she speaks a bit about her health and says she has lost some weight. The article claims she has lymphedema among "other ailments" which I'm not sure it has been mentioned anywhere before.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

update. Doesn't look great. What's wrong with her eyes ?

Her condition, Graves' disease, a thyroid disease, causes the eye bulging (exophthalmos).  It is a key diagnostic feature of the disease.  It is likely she has or will have other eye problems.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

That story also reveals that there's a documentary filmed about her (with her permission) called Where Is Wendy Williams? coming to Lifetime this weekend. Great formspotting op.

• Like 1

Sad. I wouldn't be surprised if she's had it for a couple years by this point. I remember the last couple of years of her show were hard to watch - talking slowly, spacing out every few seconds sometimes. 
One of the articles I read attributed her dementia to alcohol use. She also has a well documented history of drug abuse. This one's going to be hard for me to process - I watched her show every day! Truly a one of a kind entertainer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Sad. I wouldn't be surprised if she's had it for a couple years by this point. I remember the last couple of years of her show were hard to watch - talking slowly, spacing out every few seconds sometimes. 
One of the articles I read attributed her dementia to alcohol use. She also has a well documented history of drug abuse. This one's going to be hard for me to process - I watched her show every day! Truly a one of a kind entertainer. 

Some have suggested it could be Korsakoff syndrome instead, given her history of excessive drinking?

I wonder when the footage in that trailer was filmed. The documentary looks good so I might track it down somehow and watch it. 

2 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Or could it be that the drug and alcohol issues spiralling put of control could he a consequence of fronto temporal dementia which causes disinhibition and impulsive behaviour?

• Like 1