the_engineer

Notable Victims of the Russo-Ukrainian war

Scott Sibley, first British soldier killed in the Ukraine arena.

• Like 1

No name supplied for this lost looking soul, but I wouldn't be very optimistic about his chances of seeing out the next fortnight.

• Like 1

And now the first American killed in the war.

Marine veteran Willy Joseph Cancel has become the first American to die in Ukraine, fighting side-by-side with Ukrainians trying to repel Russian invaders.

Cancel, 22, was killed Monday, according to CNN.

SC

German evening news mention that Russia has paid some of its foreign debt that was due through cash reserves in foreign countries....

...my theory: this is connected to the suspicious recent deaths of several oligarchs in foreign countries. Russian oligarchs, even if they live in foreign countries, are essentially regarded as assets of the regime (the regime being the same as the "national interest"). Maybe they refused to hand over their assets?

Russian Major General Andrey Simonov reportedly killed by a artillery strike in Izyum:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gcreptile said:

The "ghost of Kyiv", Major Stepan Tarabalka, has died:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/ghost-of-kyiv-killed-after-shooting-40-russian-jets-identity-revealed-2933893

He shot down 40 Russian planes, allegedly, and now got shot down himself.

The Ghost of Kyiv, if the media is to be believed, has died at least 10 times since the start of the war.

Ukrainian military confirms that Ghost of Kyiv, as most expected, is not a real person and was a war rumor that sprung among the people and spread by the media. While Serhiy Tarabalka was a Ukrainian pilot killed in combat, it happened over a month ago. 

That said, I wouldn't worry - I'm sure the Ghost of Kyiv will die in the media at least 5 more times before the end of the war. 

• Like 2

You'd expect the Ghost of Kyiv to haunt folk regardless!

On 28/04/2022 at 15:11, arghton said:

Rumors going around that Russia's Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov will personally command Russian troops in Izyum and has been sent to the front.

If he's actually there as reported, my guess it that he'll be dead by Victory Day.

Rumors floating around Twitter and FB that Gerasimov was injured (shrapnel to the leg) and medvaced to safety. 

Not sure about reliability but if that's true, it didn't take long did it?

• Like 1

FSB Major General Yuri Sulin apparently purged. 

Maj. Gen Simonov, mentioned a few posts up was reportedly killed in the same blast that injured Gerasimov, along with 20 other officers.

2 hours ago, arghton said:

FSB Major General Yuri Sulin apparently purged. 

Maj. Gen Simonov, mentioned a few posts up was reportedly killed in the same blast that injured Gerasimov, along with 20 other officers.

Bellingcat's top reporter confirms Gerasimov's injury

NATO should be declaring war now. It’s gone on long enough.

Being vaporised in a nuclear blast is much more humane than what those Russian fuckers are doing to civilians. 

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

NATO should be declaring war now. It’s gone on long enough.

Being vaporised in a nuclear blast is much more humane than what those Russian fuckers are doing to civilians. 

Thank you for your brilliant insight into international relations.   Go back in your hole Windsor.  You’re starting to talk like a stupid Yank.

SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Thank you for your brilliant insight into international relations.   Go back in your hole Windsor.  You’re starting to talk like a stupid Yank.

SC

Thank you for appeasing the new age Nazis. Keep ignoring their murder, rape and mutilation of women and children. I hear it suits you.

10 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Thank you for appeasing the new age Nazis. Keep ignoring their murder, rape and mutilation of women and children. I hear it suits you.

Go fight in Ukraine if you care so much.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DaDeathGuy said:

Go fight in Ukraine if you care so much.

That’s what you call pissing in the wind. 

We need force. We need nuclear force to focus Russia’s mind. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Windsor said:

That’s what you call pissing in the wind. 

We need force. We need nuclear force to focus Russia’s mind. 

Ok so you want the world to end? I’m sure all 7.9 billon of us would be very happy to hear that someone supports ending the world. Go back playing the pipes.

What we actually need to do is assassinate Putin and coup the government not end the fucking world over this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Ah, I can't wait to see the new round of purges. 

Also my fave "what's going on in Russia and Ukraine" explainer YouTuber may actually die of laughter, he only barely managed to make it through the Moskva being sunk. 

Now deleted, the following post appeared for a brief moment on the Instagram page of the Russian Embassy in Edinburgh:

"I, Consul General of Russia in Edinburgh, AI Yakovlev, categorically condemn the behavior of the military special operation of the RF Armed Forces against the sovereign, independent state of Ukraine. I fully support any assistance to the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the EU countries."

Embassy in London says it was a hacker, I say keep an eye out for a suicide

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CastAway said:

Now deleted, the following post appeared for a brief moment on the Instagram page of the Russian Embassy in Edinburgh:

"I, Consul General of Russia in Edinburgh, AI Yakovlev, categorically condemn the behavior of the military special operation of the RF Armed Forces against the sovereign, independent state of Ukraine. I fully support any assistance to the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the EU countries."

Embassy in London says it was a hacker, I say keep an eye out for a suicide

I thought that was "Weird Al Yankovic" for a second.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Bato Basanov, 25, the "world champion in tank warfare" - which is actually some kind of competition - killed in his Russian tank:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18493304/russian-commander-killed-ukraine/

Apparently it exists: Tank biathlon and has existed since 2013, but it's complete Russian propaganda. (shown by how Russia has won it every year) last year 19 countries participated.

Multiple Asian countries (nearly all dictatorships), Serbia, Venezuela, Mali and the Russian puppet states that are South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Belarus participated last year.

• Like 1

Former Lukoil top manager, Russian billionaire Alexander Subbotin being reported dead. Apparently died mysteriously during an anti-hangover session with shamans...

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1