Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

A humanitarian Ukrainian thread

Just curious, will you be offering a room at your house to a Ukrainian refugee?  

7 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Possibly to a Ukrainian, but definitely not to a Ukrainain.

Have I spelt it incorrectly?   I don't want to upset Toast.

edit: mistake spotted. Thanks. 

Edited by Paul Bearer
Repairing a spelling fuck up.
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

No

Not quite, but it has kind of happened indirectly.

Few weeks ago my friend moved in with me. His old room at his mum’s is now being offered, as is my old room at my parents’.

Feel like I have a claim to the money for facilitating but the govt says otherwise ^_^

No, I'll leave that to the people who keep building extensions on to their already massive houses :angry:  Constantly chipping away at the already meagre supply of affordable houses.

As for me, insufficient room to retain privacy and - just as important - to offer sufficient comfort and privacy to a refugee.  They will need some space too.

I wish I could.  If I had a bigger house, I would.

• Like 2

Personally I think people who put themselves forward to house refugees should be given more than the £350/mo offered, and that owners of empty houses should be approached, rather than waiting for them to volunteer.

I would also offer now if I had more space in my house, and will offer if there is a problem with lack of uptake.

34 minutes ago, Toast said:

As for me, insufficient room to retain privacy and - just as important - to offer sufficient comfort and privacy to a refugee.  They will need some space too.

I wish I could.  If I had a bigger house, I would.

Yeah, that's us, too - barely space for us in this wee flat let alone anyone else. 

There are a number of old buildings that could be refurbed at very quick notice in the UK which could provide spaces for refugees and the homeless if the will was there, mind. (I don't mean those needing extensive fix up jobs, though we could also sort that out too for long term reward...)

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Not quite, but it has kind of happened indirectly.

Few weeks ago my friend moved in with me. His old room at his mum’s is now being offered, as is my old room at my parents’.

Feel like I have a claim to the money for facilitating but the govt says otherwise ^_^

Sort of a similar situation with my granddad, for the longest time he's been trying to find a tenant or buyer for his father's old farm house because he's not able to take care of the property now due to his age, so now he's offering the whole property for free for any refugee that wants it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

There are a number of old buildings that could be refurbed at very quick notice in the UK which could provide spaces for refugees and the homeless if the will was there, mind. (I don't mean those needing extensive fix up jobs, though we could also sort that out too for long term reward...)

There are a number of large mansions in London owned by Russians which should be requisitioned and used to house refugees.  No refurbishments necessary.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

@MortalCaso. Why the Facepalm? 

10 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Have I spelt it incorrectly?   I don't want to upset Toast.

As long as it's not a Ukraineiain.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

@MortalCaso. Why the Facepalm? 

Didn't know I did honestly. This community sure does seem sensitive about such things though.

Undone.

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

Didn't know I did honestly. This community sure does seem sensitive about such things though.

Undone.

Not sensitive, I really don't give a shit.  I was only curious. 

8 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Not sensitive, I really don't give a shit.  I was only curious

Seems a bit contradicting no?

2 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Seems a bit contradicting no?

No. I was only wondering why. 

If we had the room then possibly. However we don't considering the spare room is still being used for when my brother comes to stay every other month or other guests who my parents know.

Britain never had war refugees, we stayed and fought. Anyone who can fight who runs away from a war in their country expecting to rely on the taxpayers of another country is a coward.

• Facepalm 8

49 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Britain never had war refugees, we stayed and fought. Anyone who can fight who runs away from a war in their country expecting to rely on the taxpayers of another country is a coward.

Well what would you do if you were in a war you didn’t want to fight? Would you suck it up and fight or would you run away like the coward you are every time you’ve been confronted on this forum? Given you probably spend your entire day lazing on your ass in a very comfortable position instead of actually doing some basic ass thinking of the situation at hand you are not even remotely qualified to judge this situation. You fucking cunt

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Easy to say behind a computer screen with cheeto dust on your fingers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

One day you’ll read back all the bile you sick up and wonder why you were such a nasty, malevolent little shit.

I hope you find yourself in a better headspace soon. Genuinely.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

What an absolute fucking tool you are.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Some Jewish folk from WW2 would like to have a word with you about ethnic clensing.

• Haha 1

The amount of cope in this thread xDDDDDDDDD

• Facepalm 1