Genfærd

Bruce Willis

8 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Got a link?

If I find it again I will post it up.

I found it by chance!

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Radar Online gonna Radar Online. If even they think he has "a few years left", he'll probably still be around in 2033.

Not either of those but a similar kind of site. Thank you both for having a look around to find it!

As I said it may well be clickbait, although it would not be unfair to say that those 'dubious' news/entertainment sites have, in the past, delivered updates ahead of mainstream ones.

• Like 1

Terry Jones also suffered from aphasia and frontotemporal dementia with symptoms first appearing in the summer of 2014, about five and a half years before his death in January of 2020. Willis's symptoms seem to date back to at least January of 2020 during the filming of Hard Kill. If he lasts as long as Jones, he could pass sometime in 2025. Being that Jones was a decade older than Willis at the time of his diagnosis, Willis could last a few years longer with the same diagnosis.

3 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Terry Jones also suffered from aphasia and frontotemporal dementia with symptoms first appearing in the summer of 2014, about five and a half years before his death in January of 2020. Willis's symptoms seem to date back to at least January of 2020 during the filming of Hard Kill. If he lasts as long as Jones, he could pass sometime in 2025. Being that Jones was a decade older than Willis at the time of his diagnosis, Willis could last a few years longer with the same diagnosis.

And literally 6 months before he died he was still having meet ups with Michael Palin.

• Like 1

Well, Palin was visiting him. Terry wasn't very communicative by then.

Willis is likely around 2018 on the Jones timetable. He'll be a good pick next year (as Terry only just saw 2020).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dimreaper said:

I was just about to say this. He lost his speech years before he died. I could not imagine :'(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

NYPICHPDPICT000007578560.jpg

First known photograph of Bruce Willis in public since the revelation of his dementia diagnosis. 

56 minutes ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

NYPICHPDPICT000007578560.jpg

First known photograph of Bruce Willis in public since the revelation of his dementia diagnosis. 

For a 68 years old, he looks « normal »

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Looks like he has a harmonica in his hand

Or one of those devices that starts a mounted explosion.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

For a 68 years old, he looks « normal »

Arguably should have been on the list this year instead of a few candidates though...

Celebrated his birthday with his family, as shown by this video Demi Moore posted to Twitter. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Seppuku said:

He appears to have a bit of a shuffling gait. 

And a missing front tooth; apparently the family doesn't give a shit about that anymore!  

In all seriousness, I think he's a decent pick for next year.  

On 20/03/2023 at 04:06, Seppuku said:

He appears to have a bit of a shuffling gait. 

I hope you don’t mind if I steal this for future use.  Much thanks.  It’s a gem.

On 21/03/2023 at 08:06, MrWonderful said:

And a missing front tooth; apparently the family doesn't give a shit about that anymore!  

In all seriousness, I think he's a decent pick for next year.  

Geting dental work done on someone with frontotemporal dementia is probably nearly impossible unless you sedated them. I think it is less about them not caring and more a demonstration that he just isn`t mentally stable enough  to get the necessary work done on it plus if he had a false tooth odds are he wouldn`t be able to look after it or let anyone else look after it.He could of course be at risk of eating it  as people with fronto-temporal dementia and other forms of dementia are at risk of eating small objects and inappropriate things. 

• Like 3

Although he was making movies when he was clearly unable to function properly and none of his family stepped in and let him carry on acting in movies that seriously compromised his dignity so maybe you are right.

30 minutes ago, Sean said:

Although he was making movies when he was clearly unable to function properly and none of his family stepped in and let him carry on acting in movies that seriously compromised his dignity so maybe you are right.

I think some reports implied that he wanted to do that after he started to go downhill, because he wanted to leave as much money to his family as he could before he was completely unable to work. Apparently if you look at the movies in question he's hardly in them and he was only on set for a day or two each, so he could just bank them up.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Geting dental work done on someone with frontotemporal dementia is probably nearly impossible unless you sedated them. I think it is less about them not caring and more a demonstration that he just isn`t mentally stable enough  to get the necessary work done on it plus if he had a false tooth odds are he wouldn`t be able to look after it or let anyone else look after it.He could of course be at risk of eating it  as people with fronto-temporal dementia and other forms of dementia are at risk of eating small objects and inappropriate things. 

The person I know with it had to have all their teeth pulled and replaced with dentures. 

19 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

The person I know with it had to have all their teeth pulled and replaced with dentures. 

Were they sedated?

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Come on. Its not like he was doing movies while he was deeply in the throes of dementia. At the very worst he probably was finding it slowly getting harder to memorise his lines and deliver them correctly. He wasn't "clearly unable to function properly". He was making schlock and giving medicore for a long time before his dementia. 

• Like 1