Spade_Cooley

Internet Celebrities

Marcus Sparacio AKA Armake21, one of the OG angry game reviewers, died in January aged 40.

• Like 1

vlogbrother Hank Green (who is also an author ("An Absolutely Remarkable Thing") and science communicator) announced he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma

It sounds like it's a very treatable form of cancer, but he has some underlaying health issues (Ulcerative Collitis) which may impact him.

best of luck to him in his fight, he's one of my favourite people

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, wildstorm said:

vlogbrother Hank Green (who is also an author ("An Absolutely Remarkable Thing") and science communicator) announced he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma

It sounds like it's a very treatable form of cancer, but he has some underlaying health issues (Ulcerative Collitis) which may impact him.

best of luck to him in his fight, he's one of my favourite people

He'll be fine. Between his money, and that of his brother, they can afford any medical care he needs.

Dave Brandt, the farmer in the "it ain't much, but it's honest work" meme, has died.

image.jpeg.b4e0f176e4f5e3d9ac0fdaeece7622af.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Fallout YouTuber Mitten Squad (1.39 million followers, so DDP-qualifiable) suddenly stopped posting videos around 10 months ago, around the time he mentioned on Twitter something about a hospitalisation. He updated his socials for the first time in nearly a year this month, revealing that his alcoholism had spiralled out of control and he was back in hospital with pancreatis. Long list potential I'd say.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 23:16, ladyfiona said:

Found another Youtuber with terminal cancer that has weeks to live. Joe Plater has 13k subs. Youtube is now recommending me people who are dying so I might be posting here more often, lol.

As posted in the Deathlist Cup thread, Joe Plater has died yesterday.

• Sad 1

Forget if we'd discussed Russ Cook, the man who is documenting his attempt to run the length of Africa on social media, here. From the look of this video, things aren't going great:

• Shocked 1

I've been following his progress and watched yesterday's vlog. I know he's literally been throwing up for the last week due to food poisoning but still insisting he runs. He looked a bit skinny though. Needs to eat more.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Forget if we'd discussed Russ Cook, the man who is documenting his attempt to run the length of Africa on social media, here. From the look of this video, things aren't going great:

He's an idiot and should know better as to why nobody's ever succeeded at this. It cannot be reasonably done.

• Like 1

John Green and Hank Green seem to be discussing the cancer Hank has via Twitter in public. Most recent tweet by John:

23 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

John Green and Hank Green seem to be discussing the cancer Hank has via Twitter in public. Most recent tweet by John:

I see no reason to indicate that we should be concerned about Hank's health. At least not from the plain reading of the tweets.

Lygia Fazio, a Brazilian influencer, has died. She was 40. Fazio died after a botched butt lift performed by a man who claimed to be a nurse. She was believed to have suffered a stroke before her passing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12169701/Brazilian-influencer-reporter-40-dies-clandestine-butt-lift-surgery.html

• Like 1

This women was a favourite for my kids, even I watched some but thought she was a dumbass, it was early days in her career and was nothing like what you can see today. I am shocked at  what I am seeing now. I honestly think (this is only one of many youtubes and people coming forth that were between 13-17age) That if she is brought to justice she will do herself in. Graffic but suitable. 

Lots of controversy, rumors apparently going around youtuber, actor (mostly known for his role in Dear John, but has been in minor roles in Murder she wrote, Airplane II, Dynasty, Psycho II, Twilight Zone The Movie, MacGuyver, Matlock, Back to the Future and others) and singer-songwriter Tom Willett aka. Featureman. He has gotten some fame for his piano playing and watermelon eating videos and currently has around 400 thousand subscribers. 

Long story short and I haven't looked into it much, but apparently he sucked off a 14-year-old in 1973 at Child Haven Las Vegas and was found guilty of three counts of "infamous crime against nature". Strong rumors he's done similar things later. He's around 85 now and still making food videos more than once a week.

On 19/06/2023 at 23:54, Khthonia said:

This women was a favourite for my kids, even I watched some but thought she was a dumbass, it was early days in her career and was nothing like what you can see today. I am shocked at  what I am seeing now. I honestly think (this is only one of many youtubes and people coming forth that were between 13-17age) That if she is brought to justice she will do herself in. Graffic but suitable. 

If there's anything I've learned over the many years I've spent on Youtube (and the internet in general), it's that you never know what the person is truly like behind the screen. Even if they seem to be nice and friendly on the outside, you never know if that person is genuine or is hiding something. My cousin found out the hard way that his once favorite childhood Minecraft youtuber (SkyDoesMinecraft/Adam Dahlberg) turned out to become a monster.

Colleen Ballinger is up there now with worst apology video. Ignoring her management team's advice and sings about it instead for 10 minutes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Jo Lindner AKA Joesthetics is being reported dead on social media by his girlfriend from an aneurysm. A youtuber/model/athlete/bodybuilder had over 8 million followers on Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuJ_dblvI50/?igshid=MTIzZWMxMTBkOA==

Ah yes, wanted to post it because german media picked it up in great measure. His final instagram post is curious. He had hernia surgery, lost some of his muscle build, took hormones again.

So not a suicide, more like drug or body abuse.

Edit: BILD says it was an aneurysm.

• Like 2