time

Next Monarch

Next Monarch  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My first poll, so forgive me if I fuck it up.

No option for Harry?  :P

Sorry, that should have been a :evil2:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

No option for Harry?  :P

I wasn't prepared for the level of ire that would come my way if I offered  that option! (besides, te origianl statement suggested William over Charles, so thats what I went with).

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I'd turn it down anyway. Vive la rev!

(Not being au fait with the monarchy, I had to google Prince/Princess Dilligaf, the trans option)

Google translate is no help.

Queenie, then Charles, then William, and I don't expect William to predecease me. 

Charlie.  Like it or lump it, he's next in line. 

• Like 4

If you are committed to keeping the monarchy you do it by the book. Only if Charles were to be so frail or incapable at the point the Queen dies should any alternative be considered.

However I do think that the next Labour Government should establish a constitutional commission to review the whole of the constitution from Head of State through House of Lords and all the associated patronage 

• Like 2

Charles will be the next monarch of the UK for 5-10 years, William for a few decades after him

Revolution for New Zealand is my preference, but that's against the nature of the poll, so I voted for the poor old softie, Charles. 

• Like 1

Charles proved to be many years ahead of his time with his views on conservation and the environment, so I don't really understand the antipathy.

I distinctly remember him saying that he worried that we were using too much plastic, and that was many years ago.

• Like 6

I see this sort of thing all the time on social media. I can't understand why anyone thinks William would be complicit in any scheme to deny his own father his birthright. 

What people want has bugger all to do with anything. Even if 95 per cent wanted William, Charles will still be next. 

• Like 2

Monarchy doesn’t need the consent of peasants. 

The law of the land is that Charles will be King. He doesn’t need your vote. He doesn’t need your consent. If he breathes when his mother doesn’t you should consider it ordained by God that the King has received his divine right to rule over you plebs. 

I shall become a Republican in the reign after his. William is a bellend. 

Couldn’t give the fuckingest fuck. It’s pointless and, if we’re being honest, has zero bearing on any of us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 23/04/2022 at 11:41, time said:

Google translate is no help.

I didn't know princess dilligaf either but I do know idgaf and its not a huge leap of imagination from there.

On 23/04/2022 at 10:44, time said:

My first poll, so forgive me if I fuck it up.

Can you open it up so that we can see who voted for which option? 

For some reason trying to second guess people on polls like this amuses me....

11 minutes ago, En Passant said:

No way, man. I don't want the world and his wife knowing I would like every fucking toff in this country strung up from the nearest lamppost. It's a private matter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

No way, man. I don't want the world and his wife knowing I would like every fucking toff in this country strung up from the nearest lamppost. It's a private matter.

No indeed, I can understand how you wouldn't want that made public in any way. Nor me comrade, nor me.

There is a small number in Scotland who would vote for the 88 year old Franz, Duke of Bavaria.

Maybe a pick for future as the Jacobite’s pretender to the throne (one he doesn’t personally pursue). 

• Like 2

One thing that would liven this moribund debate up a little would be if Simon Abney-Hastings, arguably the rightful king, decided to ring a no win/no fee legal firm!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Abney-Hastings,_15th_Earl_of_Loudoun

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

One thing that would liven this moribund debate up a little would be if Simon Abney-Hastings, arguably the rightful king, decided to ring a no win/no fee legal firm!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Abney-Hastings,_15th_Earl_of_Loudoun

Much like the Jacobite claims, his claim is redundant as the Tudors took the throne of England by conquest. 

I sort of like Charles.  I read many of the black spider letters and think he's intelligent and well-informed.  But he is a narcissist and needs a lot of coddling and handling.  

I don't mind Charles. I find William a bit insipid.

On 24/04/2022 at 12:36, En Passant said:

I didn't know princess dilligaf either but I do know idgaf and its not a huge leap of imagination from there.

I thought dilligaf was universally known, but maybe not. I'm sure everyone here is smart enough to figure it out.

I deliberately left it anonymous, but people are free to state their preference if they so desire.

41 minutes ago, time said:

I thought dilligaf was universally known, but maybe not. I'm sure everyone here is smart enough to figure it out.

I deliberately left it anonymous, but people are free to state their preference if they so desire.

I didn't know it either, but there is a particularly belligerent forum member on the Manx forums with that User name, so the thought of him as the next monarch amused me. 

• Haha 2

:party:Nice I got my own poll to due my opinion 

Feel free to make fun my of opinions I actually laugh at ur reactions lol