Sign in to follow this  
The Daredevil

Last French immortal icon standing: Delon or Trintignant?

Last French immortal icon standing: Delon or Trintignant?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The past few decades have been killing off an array of French iconic actors. Following Belmondo’s demise last year as well as Michel Bouquet’s and Jacques Perrin’s in recent weeks, Delon and Trintignant seem like two continuous survivors of a dying generation. Both have been in ailing health for years and both reportedly have had a desire to die for years. Both are also around the dangerous age of ninety. So who will be the last one standing? 

Brigitte Bardot, Catherine Deneuve, Gerard Depardieu etc will likely be around for a lot longer, so as important as they may be to the French cinema too, it’s not as close with them. 

Trintignant is a seriously ill man, Delon is mainly an attention seeker. It's really no match.

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Trintignant is a seriously ill man, Delon is mainly an attention seeker. It's really no match.

I'm sure I posted that earlier off the phone, but must not have pressed reply. Anyhow, I agree.

Delon is the last one standing, so congrats to the 27 people who voted for him.