maryportfuncity

MMMDP 2022

My clock say 9am so I am  hoping we are open and I am picking Dame Deborah James 

• Like 3

Zeta Emilianidou.

• Like 1

Steve McMichael

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My clock say 9am so I am  hoping we are open and I am picking Dame Deborah James 

Indeed we are - masterlist under construction, keep 'em comin'

• Thanks 1

Balwinder Safri

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Git! Knew she'd go first! Unfortunately I couldn't get on til now. :electr2:

I'll go with the far less exciting Frank Field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Git! Knew she'd go first! Unfortunately I couldn't get on til now. :electr2:

I'll go with the far less exciting Frank Field.

Frank Field was my reserve pick for Advent Avalanche but I am perhaps beginning to think that without some primary evidence to the contrary he might be over stressing how close he is to the drain

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Frank Field was my reserve pick for Advent Avalanche but I am perhaps beginning to think that without some primary evidence to the contrary he might be over stressing how close he is to the drain

Aye, he's certainly over-stressing my good self with his inability to convert potential to DL Cup points over the last four and a half weeks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

To be fair to someone I'm not keen on, I think its this forum which did the stressing. All Frank Field ever did was make one announcement, through a third party, that he was now terminally ill and "had recently spent some time in a hospice". He's been silent ever since. The silence from a Frank Field points to his days being number, but none of us know even what terminal illness afflicts him, so we're all guessing at the prognosis!

And on that note,  Bob Barker for me, thanks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Ruben Studdard 

Wow - did I miss something?  Let the research begin.

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It's nothing more than a punt since there was some discussion around a few days ago that he's having us all on and I thought it was true DL style that he'll therefore be dead before the week's out. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Wow - did I miss something?  Let the research begin.

:D there's a fake youtube thing saying he's on life support but having entered quickly I've now done the research - that's one of us won't be winning :D (but I didn't have another good entry anyway).

• Like 1

I’d like to introduce Reverend Canon Tim Neill of St Mary’s Parish Church in (or on, as it were) Jersey.

But seeing as he’s adrift in unacceptability, the person of whom no information is known or can be found, Dr Greg Mears will suffice in the good Reverend’s stead.

SirC

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

:D there's a fake youtube thing saying he's on life support but having entered quickly I've now done the research - that's one of us won't be winning :D (but I didn't have another good entry anyway).

Ah, are these the same automated videos that keep suggesting Nick Cannon is on his deathbed?

Fuck, I almost forgot and my top picks are of course gone.

Nigel Taylor

• Like 2

It's always great picking Leslie Phillips and him living on and on. Great game we're having which I'll continue by picking him here!

• Like 4

Heh, missed it.

Abdel Rahman Abou Zahra

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I’d like to introduce Reverend Canon Tim Neill of St Mary’s Parish Church in (or on, as it were) Jersey.

But seeing as he’s adrift in unacceptability, the person of whom no information is known or can be found, Dr Greg Mears will suffice in the good Reverend’s stead.

SirC

Greg Mears it is, then 

Who said the Canon was unnacceptable? If he makes a local obit or similar he's - ahem - good to go, just flagging it up in case some drive-by chancer wants to pick him.

MMMDP Form Guide #21 

St%20mary002.jpg?itok=gUM0sbsE&c=e9721ad

Canon Tim Neill 

Could that be a winning smile or is he just happy that following a fingering by Sir Creep there was no follow through? Either way, an enigmatic last-minute eruption of possibility now surrounds the Jersey-based man of the cloth.Oh aye, and we have 15 entries in a field capped at 21 (five remaining slots and your genial host). Don't all rush at once, or owt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3