TQR

The Next Tory Leader

Who’ll Be The Next Tory Leader?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

After his comments about redirecting money from areas of deprivation to more affluent areas, Sunak would be as well pulling out.

He’ll never live that down in any election - even two years away.

I'd like to think you're right, but nothing would surprise me these days.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2022 at 16:01, ladyfiona said:

The public will always need some kind of leader whether it is a posh Etontonian or some activist from Soho who is vegetarian and believes he/she/they/it is a Jedi. There will be riots, people going "ok now what" and then people going "so uh I have an idea on how to move forward", then people following that person and next thing you know they will be going all political in whatever is left of parliament.

I can't argue with that. I'm just wondering at what point we favoured rulers instead of leaders.

The last half of a decade has shown us that these rulers don't really have much of a clue and are making it up as they go along. Their ideas on moving forward seem to be more for the sake of it than any actual progress. Trust in government is at an all time low yet it's size and scope is at an all time high. I don't believe it can be fixed by simply voting in our preferred candidate/party any more.

• Like 2

I give up with this shower. THERE ARE SEVERAL ACTUAL PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY FFS!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I give up with this shower. THERE ARE SEVERAL ACTUAL PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY FFS!!!

Nearest Truss has got to understanding Maths is a Pizza Pie Chart: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6915533/Liz-Truss-takes-Easter-recess-chillaxing-max-breakfast-leftover-takeaway.html

Possibly the same Pizza Pie she was eating when she used to gaze over to Jimmy Savile...

Liz Truss turned up a Solihull Moors FC today, coincidentally or not the team went to Aldershot, won 4-1 away and currently sit atop the National League

I’m beginning to come to the opinion that most politicians don’t do too much or possess much of the the intelligence required to construct required options to account for. change. They are the typical manager who will ask for a number of options and then take ownership of the one that they like. The issues come with these people when they have delusions of competence, the mere wearing of a hard hat does not make you a construction expert or wearing fatigues make you a military commander. What true leaders do is take responsibility and drive through change where required making people accountable and reviewing progress.Boris was at best standoffish, brexit has not been done to a satisfactory conclusion and many agencies seem to have no current effective leadership.

12 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

D73E8FEB-6585-4D74-9116-231DF6ABCA44.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

What hope is there for a prime minister who is constantly misinterpreted and struggles to remember detail. To stand and state with authority that something is true and possible was something that Boris did until his demise with a certain credibility. The current candidates are starting to show cracks already, Labour need a credible plan.

I have limited interest in the contest, but is there any chance that either of these awful people will legalise cannabis?   

• Haha 2

Seriously…. This is still going on?

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Seriously…. This is still going on?

For another 3 weeks unfortunately. But I'm not sure you can talk that much since your Presidential elections start the day after the winner of the current one's been announced.

• Like 2

I wonder if they're building up this manufactured 'energy crisis' and talking about £5000 bills next year (society won't function and will begin to collapse with energy bills that high) and how it'll keep rising so Liz can come in and say she's putting in a new cap after the October rise (already more than doubled in price btw by then) and take all the glory and 'win' over the British public. Media will praise her for putting an end to the energy crisis and majority of the sheep will lap it up as they toddle off to get some more sheep dip. Just like sheep some get slaughtered some get fleeced.

• Like 2

As with all good ideas the best come late to the party. Keep the price cap at the current level, Tory idea, the major players will suffer a bit the minor underfunded ones who have lacked proper funding taken profits offshore, been funded by venture capitalists, worked purely on a margin basis will fall by the wayside. Water companies fined and taxed, dividend distribution should be banned in the sector until issues sorted and value obtained. Transport Shapps tied to a railway line to resume services.

Currently retired pre pension living off savings thinking the conservatives are trying to change this country into the shit hole that is America. All we need is guns, actually we would probably use them. Not a good idea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11131747/Boris-Johnson-secretly-approves-funding-30billion-Sizewell-C-nuclear-power-station.html

I thought Boris was Pro Liz  but apparently  Boris has secretly approved a 30bn Nuclear power station  that will hugely limit  Trusses  wiggle room with public finances and tax cuts.

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11131747/Boris-Johnson-secretly-approves-funding-30billion-Sizewell-C-nuclear-power-station.html

I thought Boris was Pro Liz  but apparently  Boris has secretly approved a 30bn Nuclear power station  that will hugely limit  Trusses  wiggle room with public finances and tax cuts.

Boris's primary concern is that the next PM fails miserably and the Tories lose the next election. No, really. He's such a narcissist that he cannot contemplate "the herd" being right in getting rid of him, so the next leader has to fail miserably to punish them for their treachery. So Rishi getting humiliated by the members is sweet, Liz collapsing spectacularly as PM will be even sweeter from Boris's point of view.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Boris's primary concern is that the next PM fails miserably and the Tories lose the next election. No, really. He's such a narcissist that he cannot contemplate "the herd" being right in getting rid of him, so the next leader has to fail miserably to punish them for their treachery. So Rishi getting humiliated by the members is sweet, Liz collapsing spectacularly as PM will be even sweeter from Boris's point of view.

Awful and incredibly  selfish. 

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Awful and incredibly  selfish. 

But for once he wants what's best for the country.  Purely by coincidence, mind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toast said:

But for once he wants what's best for the country.  Purely by coincidence, mind.

It's hilarious. The Tories lose the election and one half of the party claim it's because of the reputational damage done to the party by Boris Johnson and the other half of the party claim it's because of the unnecessary infighting and coup on Boris Johnson. There's literally no way to reason with Mad Nad, Jacob or BoJo.

But none of this will end up mattering because the brain dead public will give that lovely Liz Truss a chance to fix all the problems of the past 10 years that she definitely wasn't involved in making.

• Like 1

All of the Peter Principle Cabinet have a reputation of doing nothing until they have to at which point it will need a public enquiry before anything happens. Current policy is lead by radical think tanks who have specific objectives not necessarily for the benefit of the country.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

All of the Peter Principle Cabinet have a reputation of doing nothing until they have to at which point it will need a public enquiry before anything happens. Current policy is lead by radical think tanks who have specific objectives not necessarily for the benefit of the country.

So, those radical think tanks are likely already on calling out the army to shoot dead protesters who start clamouring for action before they freeze or starve to death this winter. 

Would Maggie ever have gone that far?

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Voting ends.

Pity they can't do the reveal like Eurovision, going round the regions and countries.

Anyway, the Tories seem to be so economically illiterate, it's going to take them 3 days to count them. Any paper ballots I'll take after the vote, gotta burn something to stay warm this winter.

Therese Coffey at Health.........

I'm not so sure about this line up. I'd be surprised if Patel was put on the back benches she would be a dangerous person to have there. Would be an extremely stupid thing to... oh this is a Truss cabinet we're  talking of here of course she would