Sign in to follow this  
InquilineKea

What do YOU do to not die/age as slowly as possible?

This is a death-based forum after all. :)

I wrote a huge guide to living longer - https://forum.longevitybase.org/t/guide-to-living-longer-alex-k-chen/125. I eat loads of vegetables and SGLT2 inhibitors and rapamycin.

I also read crsociety.org and rapamycin.news/latest and Rhonda Patrick. I'm also in many longevity communities like ODLB (Nathan Cheng's), Twitter (https://twitter.com/InquilineKea ), and the old longecity.org. I'm surprised more of you don't pay enough attention.

https://www.rapamycin.news/u/InquilineKea/

I'm applying to become a Chinese ruling class cadre.

• Like 8

I might live 90 more years or 90 more minutes. Don’t care. I don’t live to preserve myself*; I can’t think of anything worse than that. I live to enjoy myself.

Smooth self-promo though.

*I appreciate I may not have this attitude if my weight, resting heart rate and general health weren’t all okay.

• Like 3

To not die, I look both ways when crossing the road, avoid free-climbing up tower blocks, and resist BASE jumping.

• Like 2

I keep off crack, meth, opioids and sugar.  

• Like 2

I try to stop myself getting angry about things, because apparently stress is the primary cause of cancer.

• Like 4

My wife frequently jokes that my family are hewn from stone as we seem to have greater longevity compared to her side of the family

I am currently in my early 50s I am teetotal (lifelong) and vegetarian (26 years)  which I think are both things that would potential improve my potential lifespan but I was diagnosed as prediabetic last year and so have had to make several adjustments to my diet to hopefully overcome that. Though no longer working in an office where the vending machine dispenses hot chocolate for 35p per cup will also probably help.

• Like 4

I have an intense fear of death (ironic) which has kept me from doing dumb stuff.

• Like 3

Routinely using the exercise bike, plus giving up soda and largely replacing it with water. Weird to think I used to drink at least two cans a day yet at this point I don't even miss it.

Recently, I've been getting surprised stares when I told that I'm 39 years old, as I apparently look a couple of years younger. I did lots of sports in my mid-30s, and have never been overweight, can count on two hands the number of cigarettes I have smoked.

However, I'm also a terrible nerd who used to spend days in front of the screen in my 20s. I am addicted to sugar in all forms and I do love meat.

I wonder which side of the scale will decide my fate.

I wonder if those longevity tricks do anything. Would Kane Tanaka have lived longer without Coca Cola? There's probably some statistical effect which basically amounts to "Don't do stupid stuff and you'll be fine".

• Like 2

You can die any day from a number of different ways. Pointless to worry about. 

Living healthy doesn't stop a car accident or shooting. Live life the way you want and find some happiness. We will all be dirt one day. Spend time with those you love and doing things you enjoy. It may not be the secret to a long life, but it will be a life well lived. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

You can die any day from a number of different ways. Pointless to worry about. 

Living healthy doesn't stop a car accident or shooting. Live life the way you want and find some happiness. We will all be dirt one day. Spend time with those you love and doing things you enjoy. It may not be the secret to a long life, but it will be a life well lived. 

632860.gif.ddf780fd077f8fd1b56e447b545e7257.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My wife frequently jokes that my family are hewn from stone as we seem to have greater longevity compared to her side of the family

I am currently in my early 50s I am teetotal (lifelong) and vegetarian (26 years)  which I think are both things that would potential improve my potential lifespan but I was diagnosed as prediabetic last year and so have had to make several adjustments to my diet to hopefully overcome that. Though no longer working in an office where the vending machine dispenses hot chocolate for 35p per cup will also probably help.

Yes sometimes abstaining from things can lead to consumption of other things. When I stopped eating bread for a while I found myself eating more pasties and doughnuts so better to have a salad sandwich.

I got married 30 years ago and my wife cooks fairly healthy meals for me but unfortunately I eat half of my meals out of the house. I run about 40 miles a week that probably helps my health? My resting heart rate is about 45 and I'm 54.

I don't smoke but I do drink too much alcohol (no sugary fizzy drinks though) although my wife, who drinks less, is probably more alcohol dependent than me - haha that sounds like I just failed my first meeting at AA!

• Like 1

I bathe in the blood of virgins 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Yeah has been banned from every Comic-con and e-sports event in the country....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JR976evil said:

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Yeah has been banned from every Comic-con and e-sports event in the country....

Living in Glasgow, it's hard to find virgins.

Not like the old days when I had to wait until I was 21 (legally). I didn't, got out of virginity at 18. But then I wasn't pretty.

I've outlived all members of my family except the alcoholic who smoked for fifty years. My husband and I ate the same foods together for half our lives. He's in an urn, and he didn't have the cancer running amok in his family as I do, but it killed him anyway.

I take Vitamin D3 to reduce my risk of getting the cancers that killed my family members. I practise Qigong.

The planet's getting hotter and wilder and I have no desire to be an insect-crunching octogenarian swept out to sea or caught in a forest fire. I moved out of the United States as being gunned down in a supermarket or coffee shop, as a friend of mine was, is not, ahem, my cup of tea.

I'm about choosing the way I go, not postponing my departure.

• Like 6

Nowt. I don't smoke but do zero exercise and I'm pretty much an alcoholic. I will be 50 on my next birthday and almost certainly entering into the final third of my life. I've seen a few relatives who have got into their 80s and early 90s and trust me it looked really shite.

• Like 2

Personally, I stay tf out of Australia.

I don't drink (too much), don't use drugs (the ones that cost too much), I usually try to avoid falls and getting run over by cars,bikes, scooters, unicycles, other vehicles. My blood test results were mostly fine a couple of months ago, I usually visit the doctor if I feel ill. 

• Like 1

You can die tragically in an accident any day, any moment. I think coming to this realization relieves a lot of stress about death.

• Like 1