Sign in to follow this  
Charles De Gaulle

Ruth Buzzi

85 year old comic actress Ruth Buzzi has suffered a series of strokes. Initially she sounded like a goner but updates have her as still being able to speak and respond to others. Good punt for 2023 should she see the year out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ruth Buzzi, Barbara Feldon, Joanne Worley, and Pamela Austin, are some of the few people left from season one. All of them are in their eighties, which is a bit worrying because I'm a big fan of Laugh-In.

Edited by When The
misinterpretation prevention

57 minutes ago, When The said:

Ruth Buzzi, Barbara Feldon, Joanne Worley, and Pamela Austin, are some of the few people left from season one. All of them are in their eighties, which is a bit worrying for a Laugh-In fan like me.

Aye! Me too. I thought she died years ago. 

image.pngSeriously thinking about merging this thread with the Rowan and Martins thread ( if I can ever find it) 

• Like 3

Fresh post from today, seems to have overcome the difficulties, for now:

• Like 3

On Kent Perkins Facebook ( Ruth's husband) he has announced that Ruth was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 10 years ago, has lost 40 pounds recently, and isn't getting enough nourishment even with supplements. She has also lost the use of her legs completely, tires easily and is under nursing care at home, and suffered a seizure the other day when being taken to her balcony.

Doesn't sound imminent yet but if she makes or to 2023 she is a must-have name for the list.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

I don’t think she‘s in any position to be posting on social media on her own. She’s definitely got someone to do it on her behalf. 

This doesn’t look like a woman that seems capable of tweeting and facebooking herself:

• Like 1