MortalCaso

What's on the Telly?

2 hours ago, markb4 said:

@MortalCaso @gcreptile According to IMDB, it appears that actor, Mal Jones, has been dead since 2014.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428726/

Thank you for pointing this out @markb4. You are correct, IMDb now shows Mal Jones dying in 2014 at the age of 86. A concerning situation indeed.

Given how recent of a change this is, I'm going to wait a bit before taking any additional steps. I've checked all the picks periodically and this was a change made within the last month. I'd ask that @gcreptile diligently try to find some evidence that this actor is either alive or dead. In fact, anyone in this pool is welcome to do so. I'll be looking into this deeper as well and hopefully we can have a clearer picture in a few days.

Expect an update within a week or so!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markb4 said:

@MortalCaso @Stuartbeck: It appears that actress, Vilma Hollingbery, passed away in 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilma_Hollingbery

Thank you for pointing this out @markb4. That user changed their name to 'Commtech Sio Bibble'. For some reason I can't @ them, if the mods can look into that @Paul Bearer

This is a lot clearer than the other issue you pointed out. Wiki uses the GRO as a source citing the DOD. I don't have access to the GRO, but if someone could go in and confirm this information, it would be appreciated! If/When it is confirmed that she is dead, I will use the sub that was given in the original entry and swap out the picks.

Hopefully this will be updated soon!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

Thank you for pointing this out @markb4. That user changed their name to 'Commtech Sio Bibble'. For some reason I can't @ them, if the mods can look into that @Paul Bearer

You're welcome. Yeah, I also was unable to @ them with their new name so I decided just to write the original name so you knew who I was referring to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

This is a lot clearer than the other issue you pointed out. Wiki uses the GRO as a source citing the DOD. I don't have access to the GRO, but if someone could go in and confirm this information, it would be appreciated! If/When it is confirmed that she is dead, I will use the sub that was given in the original entry and swap out the picks.

Hopefully this will be updated soon!

Yikes well I'm surprised with this revelation, especially considering that she was in Doctor Who as well and that community are usually great at finding out about deaths.

Anyway here's a screenshot of the GRO for her.

image.png.012b9463f5b94716f1d1f3b96967fcc9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is 1 of 2 taken care of.

The sub chosen, still can't @ the user, was (Wiki) Christopher Biggins who will be added to the master-list.

Thanks again for pointing this out and I am glad it was solved in a timely manner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I can't find anything on short notice. And I'm not the biggest in-deep researcher. I'll try though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

@MortalCaso @Paul Bearer @Commtech Sio Bibble @markb4 @stuartbeck 

FFS I have no idea why this is happening.  I’ll assume it’s possibly due to name change @The Great Cornholio @Kenny  McCormick. @the Quim Reaper @TQR   Nope, maybe not.  

I’ll look into it a bit further. 

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

@MortalCaso @Paul Bearer @Commtech Sio Bibble @markb4 @stuartbeck 

FFS I have no idea why this is happening.  I’ll assume it’s possibly due to name change @The Great Cornholio @Kenny  McCormick. @the Quim Reaper @TQR   Nope, maybe not.  

I’ll look into it a bit further. 

In the case of Commtech, I don’t know if this is relevant to the inability to @ them but I did notice that if you browse this site’s members and list them alphabetically, Commtech is weirdly listed first? Clearly something going on with the name, maybe needs a reset?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TQR said:

In the case of Commtech, I don’t know if this is relevant to the inability to @ them but I did notice that if you browse this site’s members and list them alphabetically, Commtech is weirdly listed first? Clearly something going on with the name, maybe needs a reset?

Maybe there's some hidden ASCII character in the beginning?

@Commtech Sio Bibble

Commtech Sio Bibble

Commtech Sio Bibble

@Commtech Sio Bibble

Holy shit! I think I fixed it.  Erm…. I mean, “try that” 

Someone else want to @ him?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

@Commtech Sio Bibble

Commtech Sio Bibble

Commtech Sio Bibble

@Commtech Sio Bibble

Holy shit! I think I fixed it.  Erm…. I mean, “try that” 

Someone else want to @ him?

Well I got the notification so I think it's working.

• Like 3

Rolf Harris gets me a hit on this pool - two to go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/05/2023 at 07:45, YoungWillz said:

Rolf Harris gets me a hit on this pool - two to go!

@YoungWillz (Seaside Special) and @Toast (Juke Box Jury) share a hit with Rolf Harris.

Nearly a year in and we only have 3 hits + a DQ. A bit shocking I must say.

The List of the Missed is likely outdated, but I have been updating as I see them.

If there is interest for another round of this may have to think of a way to spice it up! Lots of crickets in here.

As for Mal Jones via @gcreptile. It lists him as dying on January 5th, 2014 in Miami, Florida, USA on a lot of sites now (IMDb being the starting point). Not seeing how any of them got this information though. I've been digging and have yet to find anything as of now....I'm inclined to leave it until some kind of evidence is found.

• Like 3

Yeah, not sure about what to do with him. Can I replace him? Is he a hit? Or is it simply over?

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, not sure about what to do with him. Can I replace him? Is he a hit? Or is it simply over?

It's not over!

If we can find evidence he died when listed, 2014, it will be a DQ and the replacement/sub will slot in.

I'm inclined to prevent a replacement/sub until either it is confirmed he is dead or your other pick (Luke Halpin) dies.

For now, we shall let it rest. Considering Luke Halpin is in horrible health....I doubt this will be the last we hear of this ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

If there is interest for another round of this may have to think of a way to spice it up! Lots of crickets in here.

Can we get rid of the requirement that the show must have 5 living cast members? I feel that is limiting the choices to only more recent and newer shows hence younger picks hence fewer deaths.

• Like 1

Don't think it has mentioned on this thread but Lisa Loring is one for List of the Missed.

On 29/07/2022 at 02:11, Paul Bearer said:

What a pathetic way to increase your 'likes' content. ;)

Here it is again.....why does anyone give a hoot what someone elses like content is?  Is this a competitive thing?  Are there prizes getting handed out for this?  I like that "likes" can be used to express support for an idea without adding pages of entries to a thread, that the rest of us have to scroll through.   What is the problem here, people?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wormfarmer said:

Here it is again.....why does anyone give a hoot what someone elses like content is?  Is this a competitive thing?  Are there prizes getting handed out for this?  I like that "likes" can be used to express support for an idea without adding pages of entries to a thread, that the rest of us have to scroll through.   What is the problem here, people?

Well there it was a year ago (more or less)...

and the winky emoji would suggest that OP didn't really give much of a hoot

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, time said:

Well there it was a year ago (more or less)...

and the winky emoji would suggest that OP didn't really give much of a hoot

IA bit slow on the uptake.  I was called out on this in the past, so I spoke without proper cogitation.....

Time for an update.

As noted above, Meg Johnson is a hit for @Grimgrass with the show Emmerdale.

@Toast now has their second hit with Tony Bennett passing away over the weekend. That show being Juke Box Jury.

That means nearly a year into this game, we have 5 hits and our first player in a position to win!

Rosemary Squires (b.1928) is now the name to watch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

Ooooh, I'd forgotten I had him here.

• Like 1