drol

Last classic actress standing

Who will be the last one standing?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hollywood actresses born in 1930/31 seems to be as coriaceous as Chinese cadres. Who will be the last one standing out of these ones?

DEAD:

27 November 2023: Frances Sternhagen (aged 93)

Tippi Hedren for me. 

Went with Tippi Hedren. She has a lot to live for and a great purpose in her life by running the Shambala Reserve for wild animals that have been abandoned by Hollywood and the likes of Michael Jackson. 

Mitzi Gaynor for me, very active on social media and looks great for nearly 91 plus I share her September 4 birth dateB)

No idea

• Like 2

I went with Joanne Woodward. I am surprised Debra Paget is not on the list.

What a stupid fucking poll.  WE could be dead before them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went for Barbara Eden.

Would be interesting to see how many die before the year end to compare against the main list given the responses of late on the longevity of this year’s candidates.

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

What a stupid fucking poll.  WE could be dead before them. 

Nah, most of them are not on the deathlist.

I honestly had no idea, went with my gut. Do keep up with this @drol

This site has too many pools/threads/polls opened and then no follow up. I'm curious on how the dominoes fall!

Clean bill of health:

• Tippi Hedren: Showed up on Melanie Griffith's Instagram for her birthday this year. Looks good.
  • Mamie Van Doren: Very active Tweeter and just wrote a book. Also the ex-wife of living centenarian Ray Anthony. Wonder how long their son will live!
  • Carroll Baker: retired for nearly 20 years but appeared on the Hollywood Reporter podcast in 2021 and sounded very sharp. Obviously can't tell with just audio, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt that she isn't bedridden or a melting wax dummy or whatever.
  • Marla Gibbs: looks and sounds terrific, still acts and does talk shows/game shows.
  • Leslie Caron: did an hour-long Q&A this June. Voice is definitely a little shakier than it used to be, but nothing else that seems especially eyebrow-raising.
  • Barbara Eden: Doesn't really act anymore but regularly does conventions and looks to be as sharp as ever. Nothing questionable here.
  • Mitzi Gaynor: Regular Tweeter, still seems in great shape.
  • Barbara Bain: still pops up in the occasional thing here and there. Looks and sounds good in recentish interviews.
  • Angie Dickinson: last recorded on video in 2019, though the Daily Mail caught her walking about last year. Unless she's declined in the past few years during COVID, seems fine
  • Rita Moreno: probably needs no comment. Norman Lear likely slipped her the immortality juice.
  • Gena Rowlands: not especially active but pops up on her son's Instagram from time to time (most recently July 16). No obvious signs of poor health.
  • Lois Smith: acts regularly in high-profile stuff and just won a Tony. Seemed sharp in the acceptance speech.
  • Claire Bloom: looked great in a lengthy 2017 interview with Norman Lloyd and still acts.
  • Barbara Barrie: appeared at some Broadway premieres last year. Has looked virtually the same for decades now.

Hmm...:

• Joanne Woodward: has had Alzheimer's for ~15 years now. Hasn't been photographed since 2013. Recent documentary about her and Paul Newman implies she doesn't remember her husband or her career.
  • Frances Sternhagen: hasn't acted in a decade or so. Don't see anything from her after 2013. Never a huge name, though, and could feasibly just be peacefully retired
  • Vivian Pickles: hasn't acted this century and don't see anything from her since this Criterion post from 2012, so who knows

TL;DR pretty much all of them seem to be fit as a fiddle, with Woodward as the only one known to be in failing health. So... might as well just pick one at random! Went with Bloom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Sternhagen is finally the first faller. @Joey Russ and @MortalCaso chose the wrongest one.

• Sad 1

On 10/08/2022 at 01:24, tracy said:

Marla Gibbs: looks and sounds terrific, still acts and does talk shows/game shows.

Marla Gibbs was at The Emmy 2024, I dont know but to me she look sharp. I wouldn't be surprised if she lives like Cicely Tyson or moreeee other years.