YoungWillz

Liz Truss

9 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

But if you listen to Crem, the Queen’s gonna die in a minute but Truss will still be PM in the 2030s.

I just don’t know what to believe anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TQR said:

But if you listen to Crem

Who's that then?

Judging by her first PMQs, she won’t last 5 minutes. Absolute dire performance so far with no plans, vision or leadership. Can things get more bleak? 

• Like 3

She said she’d take “immediate action” six times, so that’s all good.

She also, in response to Theresa May’s question about female leaders, attempted to mock Labour leaders all being from North London, and I for one am delighted; my ears still ring with the cockney accents of Kinnock, Brown etc.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

She said she’d take “immediate action” six times, so that’s all good.

She also, in response to Theresa May’s question about female leaders, attempted to mock Labour leaders all being from North London, and I for one am delighted; my ears still ring with the cockney accents of Kinnock, Brown etc.

Not forgetting MacDonald,  Wilson ,  Callaghan and Foot 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

Not forgetting MacDonald,  Wilson ,  Callaghan and Foot 

Of the ten full-time leaders of the Labour Party during Truss’ lifetime, only Miliband was from London.

It seems we’ve business as usual as far as the truth is concerned.

1 hour ago, Death Duke said:

Judging by her first PMQs, she won’t last 5 minutes. Absolute dire performance so far with no plans, vision or leadership. Can things get more bleak? 

OhI stopped watching  PMQs regularly at the peak of the brexit battles. It was just mentally draining  and tedium on steroids. 

Gosh was  she that bad today?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

OhI stopped watching  PMQs regularly at the peak of the brexit battles. It was just mentally draining  and tedium on steroids. 

Gosh was  she that bad today?

She was robotic AF, what she had to say had less substance than an episode of Most Haunted and she quite clearly has absolutely fuck all plan other than to just be Johnson with smaller tits and some tranquilliser.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

She was robotic AF, what she had to say had less substance than an episode of Most Haunted and she quite clearly has absolutely fuck all plan other than to just be Johnson with smaller tits and some tranquilliser.

Doesn't sound like I'm missing much then and  I made the right decision to stop watching in 2019!

My only hope is that she'll be half-witted enough to call a General Election soon.  Before what's left of our rights and freedoms are flushed away with the shit.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

Before what's left of our rights and freedoms are flushed away with the shit.

You could get them back off the beach then...

2 hours ago, Toast said:

My only hope is that she'll be half-witted enough to call a General Election soon.  Before what's left of our rights and freedoms are flushed away with the shit.

She won't.Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

She won't.Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

But she is fucking thick, and surrounded by delusional cunts, so who knows?

• Like 2

Energy bill cap at £2500 (so circa £600 above what folk have already been struggling with), no clear word on how it will be paid for, though not by taxation so presumably by cuts or heavy borrowing. 

I have my doubts this is the vote winner Crem promised us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, msc said:

Energy bill cap at £2500 (so circa £600 above what folk have already been struggling with), no clear word on how it will be paid for, though not by taxation so presumably by cuts or heavy borrowing. 

I have my doubts this is the vote winner Crem promised us.

So many still under enormous financial pressure, meanwhile £170bn of EXCESS profits for energy companies is being protected, and we taxpayers will be paying this off for a double digit number of years.

Couldn’t agree more; this is no vote winner.

• Like 1

It's crossed my mind today that when Liz Truss' political obituaries are written, her conduct in the aftermath of the Queen's death might be seen as a turning point - as in "She never recovered from..."

• Like 1

This should probably be in the ranting thread, but the dividing lines seem to have disappeared recently, so... An important grammar lesson for you all.

May be an image of 2 people, animal, food and text that says "Here's an example of how the #OxfordComma can improve clarity. The photo shows two contented piglets, Truss and Coffey. The photo shows two contented piglets, Truss piglets,Truss,andCoffey. and Coffey."

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

This should probably be in the ranting thread, but the dividing lines seem to have disappeared recently, so... An important grammar lesson for you all.

May be an image of 2 people, animal, food and text that says "Here's an example of how the #OxfordComma can improve clarity. The photo shows two contented piglets, Truss and Coffey. The photo shows two contented piglets, Truss piglets,Truss,andCoffey. and Coffey."

Pork markets... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

There are a few examples of the Oxford comma’s effect going around:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TQR said:

But who would ........... you know where I'm going with this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toast said:

But who would ........... you know where I'm going with this.

Every time I see a picture of her I get a bit gayer.

• Haha 1

Australia have no clue who she is:

Even in the service, she was mistaken for someone else. Not looking good for his age.

7CE224A1-A3E7-4616-B983-8D08C7F2B013.png.38aef01e05b1d399dcc162737409f642.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

Australia have no clue who she is:

Even in the service, she was mistaken for someone else. Not looking good for his age.

7CE224A1-A3E7-4616-B983-8D08C7F2B013.png.38aef01e05b1d399dcc162737409f642.png

Monotone delivery as always. Hopeless.

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Monotone delivery as always. Hopeless.

Maybe that’s where the ‘John 14’ confusion arose; her woeful utterances could easily be mistaken for an uninterested teenager reading aloud in a low-set English lesson.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Maybe that’s where the ‘John 14’ confusion arose; her woeful utterances could easily be mistaken for an uninterested teenager reading aloud in a low-set English lesson.

It's saying something when she showed more enthusiasm for "pork markets". Or for abolishing the monarchy come to that... :facepalm:

• Like 3