YoungWillz

Liz Truss

35 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

This bears out what I have been saying for a while now. 

You either pile in on Labour candidates at the next election or you just don't bother.

You cannot vote tactically or we could end up with a bigger shit show because the election ends up with no party with an overall majority.

We need one party, one set of policies and no fucking about.

Quite staggering to think that Labour handed the last election to the Tories on a plate because of Corbyn and the Tories are now, probably, going to hand the election to Labour because of Truss.

They would have had a better chance if they had kept Johnson!

Fucking hell, the last few years have been stinkingly wank in the political and societal  sense.

There's entire books trying to explain it all that lack the penetrating analysis of that single line. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 26/09/2022 at 23:09, TQR said:

Luckily enough, YouGov of all places has a poll that puts the “woke fascists and thick chavs” at a lead akin to 1997 election time. And Truss has only just hit the ground.

FCE0EE60-4389-4A09-B597-D2754AA4410D.thumb.jpeg.528f75bcc9669b100836fe63f8acfb34.jpeg

In just 4 days, this is what Trussterfuck has delivered, delivered and delivered:

25FC2C55-C209-4036-9717-1262A46CD41B.jpeg.41cd9cb15647327f41ab70ab2b6559d0.jpeg

Here are a couple of kinder polls, for balance:

3D5FE824-6C10-4AEB-BE8A-8655D923F765.thumb.jpeg.87020e4db6f2655803d903352aa5929e.jpeg

AC29A5B0-11EA-41BC-8C08-80B2954398DD.thumb.jpeg.73fdfe9da87ae8eca0562cd50b6389ad.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

Incidentally, in the television clip today, she looked worse than rough and not exactly like shit - in other words, like Liz Truss who hadn't slept properly since last Friday. A long way short of next year's drop 50, but I'd say there's Cortisol attacking her vital organs on an industrial scale at the moment.

• Like 1

She’s just started her speech.

She walked out to M People - Moving On Up. Sadly, only the chorus played, as the lyrics in the verse make more sense:

You've done me wrong, your time is up
You took a sip from the devil's cup
You broke my heart, there's no way back
Move right out of here, baby, go on pack your bags

Just who do you think you are?
Stop actin' like some kind of star

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, TQR said:

She walked out to M People - Moving On Up. Sadly, only the chorus played, as the lyrics in the verse make more sense:

I thought that must be a piss take but they are the lyrics! :D

• Like 1

• Haha 4

What makes the song choice even better is that Heather Small off of M People is a prominent Stop Rwanda campaigner and her son is a Labour councillor.

Forgive me, I’m just trying to understand where she’s coming from here.

- She spent a segment of her speech slagging off her time in education in the 80s up to the mid-90s as being depressive and lacking aspiration. So, during the tenures of Thatcher and Major.

- She used the word “growth” like there’s no tomorrow. It’s unequivocally the no.1 priority. Growth, growth, growth, something something growth growth. We haven’t had any decent growth since the global financial crisis a decade and a half ago, so fair enough.

- She expressed the urge to break the status quo and hit the ground (running) with her new government around her. Her party has of course been in power for the last 12 years and she’s served in all 4 governments.

To me, it sounds like she was only happy between 1997-2008.

• Like 1

Quoting myself from a few weeks ago:

My hope now is that Truss wins and then finds herself so hopelessly out of her depth that she calls a General Election.

2 hours ago, TQR said:

I presume the M stands for Malevolent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well bobble head Barbie has proved a point.

She needs to pass her thoughts by a functioning politician before opening her mouth in public.

She should never meet with other professional foreign politicians.

Policies need to be reviewed and costed before implementation.

Market considerations need to be considered.

PPE is no longer a good qualification for a politician.

I think the M stands for misguided or manipulated.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Well bobble head Barbie has proved a point.

She needs to pass her thoughts by a functioning politician before opening her mouth in public.

She should never meet with other professional foreign politicians.

Policies need to be reviewed and costed before implementation.

Market considerations need to be considered.

PPE is no longer a good qualification for a politician.

I think the M stands for misguided or manipulated.

Back when they started devastating swathes of Britain's industrial heartlands under Maggie the Tories set about establishing job creation schemes for both youngsters and adults whereby people got a benefits boost and enjoyed placements where they could -sort of - do a real job and sort of practice doing a real job. Can't help thinking Truss is now the pinnacle of that scheme.

• Like 1

ED1B7BEE-AD69-4DE7-BCA7-90CBC36CAE9E.thumb.jpeg.4b49891f7ce17447c17e1e36013ae4a1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PMQs back. 

Why does she always look like she's hard of thinking? There's a furrowed brow after almost every opposition question, as though she's just heard it for the first time.

Couple of things struck me.

Unless I missed it, that is the first time in about ten years that a Tory leader hasn't mentioned the lowest unemployment figures ever, which came out this week.

She answered a question from her own side about waterways and that the growth programme would be done hand in hand with environmental protections. The very next question (on fracking) from the opposition she answered with more fracking, more North Sea licences and admittedly more nuclear. Frightening pivot in a matter of seconds.

She says she understands, but quite clearly she doesn't, or simply doesn't give a shit. 

• Like 2

What is so frightening is that her replacement will only be worse than her.

• Like 2

Boris Johnson was a horrific, negligent, contemptible liar and in no way worthy of the office he held. But Truss, the little column of pale, tepid piss she is, just says things that don’t stand up to even the most fleeting and minute bit of scrutiny. She’s going to continue with hers and Khazi’s £60bn+ plan, but when asked by Starmer if she’s going to adhere to her pledge not to reduce public spending, she said yes.

Meanwhile, every single time it was pointed out that mortgages are to rise by an average of nearly £500/month, she just repeated her line about helping families paying their energy bills - something rendered pointless given that said families’ homes are at risk.

I see now from Beth Rigby and other sources that she’s gone to the tea room after PMQs, which, for those who may not know, means an embattled PM is doing the rounds trying desperately to win support from his/her backbenchers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Unless I missed it, that is the first time in about ten years that a Tory leader hasn't mentioned the lowest unemployment figures ever, which came out this week.

That here, is extremely important.

It means, cutting welfare and such will not help, every able body is already working.

It means that even within the supply-side logic, there is no argument for reducing public spending.

But then, where should the productivity increases come from? How would tax cuts pay for themselves? It is theoretically not possible.

Low UK productivity has long been a story in economics by the way. They call it the "productivity puzzle":

https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/regions-in-focus/solving-the-united-kingdoms-productivity-puzzle-in-a-digital-age

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

It means, cutting welfare and such will not help, every able body is already working.

yeah but lots of those people are in piss poor paid jobs and still on benefits of one sort or another.

4 hours ago, Toast said:

What is so frightening is that her replacement will only be worse than her.

Yes, at the rate we're going it will be Cruella, sorry Suella Braverman 

• Like 1

Monbiot makes Corbyn look like a centrist but, still worth a watch.

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Worst prime minister ever. 

and that's up against some pretty stiff competition