YoungWillz

Liz Truss

Just for completeness:

33D3054B-9DAF-4A5E-906B-C5FB7A1A5182.thumb.jpeg.4584a9ac68576d600baab7f8bbc67cbb.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Looks like they going to let the Tory members vote again. More crazy promises and Suella or Boris in with a chance. 

• Like 1

I guess the only thing she'll be remembered for in future generations besides being the shortest-reigned PM is that she was the PM when Queen Elizabeth II passed away.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Looks like they going to let the Tory members vote again. More crazy promises and Suella or Boris in with a chance. 

No that is why they are shutting out the membership

Boris is still resented by the PCP for Partygate and Suella Braverman did not do well in the last ballot.

If he stands it will probably be Sunak

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

No that is why they are shutting out the membership

Boris is still resented by the PCP for Partygate and Suella Braverman did not do well in the last ballot.

Sunak is very divisive. I would be genuinely shocked if it was him.

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

He is such a divisive figure, despised enormously by those who are still crying over their precious Boris, of which there are many in the Tory party. He might be forced through but that’ll result in a very quick collapse I’d have thought. My bet would be Mordaunt.

• Like 2

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

In the ballots for the race to replace Boris Johnson. Sunak was way ahead of the nearest rival.

The parliamentary party prefer him to any of the candidates who stood last time and he has a big "I told you so advantage"

The membership don't like him for some reason that I just can't put my finger on but the talk is setting the nomination bar high and having three or so candidates and when the list comes down to two the 'loser' steps aside gracefully so the membership aren't involved. However someone did suggest an online vote amongst the members in a very short timescale.

Sunak might decide that the game is up and go for the candidate that takes over after they lose the GE or there could be a behind the scenes deal that allows Sunak to get behind someone like Ben Wallace

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Mordaunt has a strong chance in my opinion  especially now Graham Brady has announced party members will have a vote.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Mordaunt has a strong chance in my opinion  especially now Graham Brady has announced party members will have a vote.

Yes please.

She's the only one I like now. :lol:

• Haha 1

Let's hope we get Suella now.

Have I got news for you will be fantastic tomorrow.

John Hayes, safest Tory seat in the country, so far right a few over the years have suggested UKIP would have been a more fitting home. IMHO, the unity candidate, or summat

800px-Official_portrait_of_Mr_John_Hayes

I'm for Boris Johnson again, for the sole reason that there was never a prime minister that was sworn into office by two different monarchs.

edit: prime minister, not monarch, monarchs dont appoint monarchs, except by suicide, perhaps

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

1 minute ago, markb4 said:

Do monarchs swear in monarchs, lol?

you gotta excuse my (now corrected) inaccuracy, I decided to enjoy a fine Long Drink in celebration of the Lettuce's victory (i'm not kidding [is that embarrassing?])

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

I'm for Boris Johnson again, for the sole reason that there was never a prime minister that was sworn into office by two different monarchs.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Baldwin was Prime Minister under 3 monarchs in 1936. Churchill served under King George VI in 1940 and under Queen Elizabeth II from 1952. Just to give 2 vaguely recent examples.

Will The King now get to go to COP27? ;)

• Like 1

I wonder who the newest shit show will be 

So the current list of ex PM's who will be at Remembrance Sunday:

John Major

Tony Blair

Gordon Brown

David Cameron

Theresa May

Boris Johnson

Liz Truss

(Insert new PM here if it's not BJ)

Is that a record?

Liz Truss only lasting 44days the same amount of time as Brian Clough did as Leeds manager. At least Cloughie went on to bigger and better things

11 minutes ago, six feet blunder said:

Liz Truss only lasting 44days the same amount of time as Brian Clough did as Leeds manager. At least Cloughie went on to bigger and better things

Who says she won't go on to bigger and better things now?

For example, perhaps she'll make an appearance in a future Identity Parade lineup on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Who says she won't go on to bigger and better things now?

For example, perhaps she'll make an appearance in a future Identity Parade lineup on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

I'm a Celebrity... are probably still finalising their 2022 line up... ;)

One of my friends pointed out today that, where I live, Truss came to power on the day schools opened, and resigned just in time for the October Holidays. With this in mind, I shall, from now on, refer to Liz Truss as Half-Term Liz. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But I'm not entirely sure who the Russians would consider to be the best worst option anyway. 

• Haha 1