YoungWillz

Liz Truss

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

What a fucking clown: 

Only question I have is who are these 6%.

I’d have guessed her family but by all accounts even her own dad thinks she’s a spaz. :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

83% disapproval  in just 6 weeks

Jesus Christ shows you fucking atrocious she was 

There's a Wiki page that summarises the various attempts to grade Prime Ministers (academic, journalistic etc.) she's not appeared yet. You suspect when she does she'll crash in at the bottom of all the charts and finally free Sir Anthony Eden from his hellish hold on immortality: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_prime_ministers_of_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text=The worst prime minister in,British history and%2For politics.

Better 45 days than 23 years

IMG_20221025_050711.jpg

• Like 1

Mail on Sunday reporting that earlier this year Liz Trusses private mobile phone was hacked by the russians and Boris Johnson put a news blackout on the story.

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Mail on Sunday reporting that earlier this year Liz Trusses private mobile phone was hacked by the russians and Boris Johnson put a news blackout on the story.

I wonder why the messages were politically sensitive. 

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Slagging of colleagues?

What they do privately is up to them.

No, sorry, you said slagging.  My mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Read the extracts from the forthcoming biography serialised in the Sunday Times this morning - predictably it's an account of a fame and power-hungry individual who'll happily stray off message for her own ends. Any defence starts with the extent to which the photo ops she coveted worked to cut through piles of PR waffle and simply got the message across. More pertinent to this thread, it suggests someone who'll struggle to cope with being a 47 year old has been with little prospect of rehabilitation. Her heavy espresso habit and use of white wine to wind down of an evening isn't exactly Shane McGowan levels of self-abuse, but I'm thinking we'll have periodic eruptions of this thread. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 18:17, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Slagging of colleagues?

I believe she wouldn't have a certain former minister back in her cabinet because, in her word, he was "shit."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I believe she wouldn't have a certain former minister back in her cabinet because, in her word, he was "shit."

Apparently she was also disobliging of Boris Johnson...

Perhaps a more useful comparison for the purposes of this thread (which I'm assuming is concerned with Truss's remaining hold on life, since discussions of her impending exit from 10 Downing St. are now redundant) is Arthur Scargill, an apparently extremist firebrand who saw the event he built his career towards crash and burn whilst he was 47. History has proven some of his thinking right (particularly with regard to whether the Conservative government set a trap into which he'd fall and also with regard to the intention to devastate the UK's mining industry), however - like Truss - his own actions and lack of contrition on his part for those moments when he appeared to overstep anything acceptable have seen him excluded from much public debate since. He's 84, appears healthy for his age and hasn't greatly troubled the DL committee. He's reclusive to the point he turned down good money for a short ITV interview in the wake of Margaret Thatcher's death, he did show up in a rail workers' picket line a few weeks back, mind. 

5166faac6bb3f7137b000004?width=750&forma

Just now, Toast said:

Can they only have one?

Nobody's stopping you making your own and torching it in your back garden!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

Can they only have one?

Lewes will probably have her, Bozo, Sunak, Cruella, Priti...

• Like 2

I was listening to one of Iain Dale's political podcasts earlier and he revealed that someone asked him on a London train to pose for a selfie with them, after initially mistaking him for rail union boss Mick Lynch!, and while chatting with the guy he revealed to Iain that only a matter of days earlier he had met Liz Truss too and asked the previously normally selfie  addicted Liz Truss to pose with him for a selfie after having a chat with her and she flatly refuse and nearly ran a mile kind of thing!

Liz Truss now refuses to pose for selfies  presumably fearing a backlash. 

What a turnaround. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I was listening to one of Iain Dale's political podcasts earlier and he revealed that someone asked him on a London train to pose for a selfie with them, after initially mistaking him for rail union boss Mick Lynch!, and while chatting with the guy he revealed to Iain that only a matter of days earlier he had met Liz Truss too and asked the previously normally selfie  addicted Liz Truss to pose with him for a selfie after having a chat with her and she flatly refuse and nearly ran a mile kind of thing!

Liz Truss now refuses to pose for selfies  presumably fearing a backlash. 

What a turnaround. 

I'd be very suspicious of anyone who would a selfie with Liz Truss and Mick Lynch.

Iain Dale's inflated ego must have been dented after being mistaken for a militant trade unionist.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny said:

I'd be very suspicious of anyone who would a selfie with Liz Truss and Mick Lynch.

Iain Dale's inflated ego must have been dented after being mistaken for a militant trade unionist.

He seems to laugh it off to be fair. He said it happened a lot at the Labour Party conference in Liverpool last year when many locals thought he was Mick Lynch! He has also praised Mick Lynch as good in interviews. 

• Like 2

Titanic Liz is writing a book.

IMG_7760.jpeg.c0d98b1b466e0a17f22900a7ad3f45de.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

IMG_7968.png.bbbac1e0994a51038471ff8bfd1be899.png

• Haha 5

One year ago today: 

301586432_10160559147733708_536523878863

• Like 1