The Daredevil

The 9th death of 2022

The 9th death of 2022  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a Stan stan.

David Attenborough.

If Queen Elizabeth can go, so can he.

Au revoir Jacques. 

What's all the buzz with Angela Lansbury? I haven't heard anything public about her present condition.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dimreaper said:

What's all the buzz with Angela Lansbury? I haven't heard anything public about her present condition.

She stopped responding to fan mail sometime last year (or maybe even earlier, I don't know), didn't appear in any form when she got a Lifetime Achievement Tony in June this year. according to @Gooseberry Crumble  a forum he finds to be reliable there are talks about her being seriously ill and she hasn't made a public appearance in years. She also turns 97 next month. Nothing really concrete, but people like me conclude there have been too many red flags raised about her health.

EDIT: Part about the fan mail is incorrect.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DoorSlammer said:

She stopped responding to fan mail sometime last year (or maybe even earlier, I don't know), didn't appear in any form when she got a Lifetime Achievement Tony in June this year. according to @Gooseberry Crumble  a forum he finds to be reliable there are talks about her being seriously ill and she hasn't made a public appearance in years. Nothing really concrete, but people like me conclude there have been too many red flags raised about her health.

What is this forum ? Is there anything that has been post on it lately ?

41 minutes ago, DoorSlammer said:

She stopped responding to fan mail sometime last year (or maybe even earlier, I don't know), didn't appear in any form when she got a Lifetime Achievement Tony in June this year. according to @Gooseberry Crumble  a forum he finds to be reliable there are talks about her being seriously ill and she hasn't made a public appearance in years. Nothing really concrete, but people like me conclude there have been too many red flags raised about her health.

She was still returning signed mail in February/March, so it's fairly recent.

• Thanks 1

"Mailed a photo, LOR, and SASE to Angela Lansbury on 6/4/22. The address I used (removed).' On 7/18/22, I received my photo back, unsigned, along with a small printout stating Ms. Lansbury is no longer signing. Disappointing but it was nice to get a confirmation, as I wasn't sure if maybe she was signing again based on the fact other people had posted successes in Feb/Mar/May."

She was still signing fan mail as Ulitzer says but folk started getting rejections in June. 

• Thanks 1

It’s her 97th birthday on the 19th of october. Wouldn’t be surprised if she goes just before or just after it as it often happens

It's quite amazing that DL top 7 are still alive (maybe they could be the first time anyone of top 5 has died at the end of the year ?)

Especially when top 5 are over 95 years old !

3,5 months left to remediate this  ;) 

12 minutes ago, etib80 said:

It's quite amazing that DL top 7 are still alive (maybe they could be the first time anyone of top 5 has died at the end of the year ?)

Especially when top 5 are over 95 years old !

2,5 months left to remediate this  ;) 

There are 3 years in which 4 of the top 5 died (2013, 2016, 2020), but never the top 4 together (only places 2 to 5) or the entire top 5. It is very unlikely to achieve that, but hey, there are still 3,5 months until the end of the year!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Book said:

There are 3 years in which 4 of the top 5 died (2013, 2016, 2020), but never the top 4 together (only places 2 to 5) or the entire top 5. It is very unlikely to achieve that, but hey, there are still 3,5 months until the end of the year!

good point 

I will be surprised if all of the top 5 survived until the end of the year (AL seems to be very frail, Kissinger, Greenspan and Barker it's miraculous they are not already dead because of their great old age, only DVD looks healthy, but at this age anyone could died without any warning sign

3 minutes ago, etib80 said:

only DVD looks healthy

That's why he is the No.1! :lol:

Tony Bennett 

Desmond Morris whoever he is.