Charles De Gaulle

Toby Keith

61 year old country star Toby Keith has had stomach cancer for a nearly a year now. And now he is too weak to travel

https://countrynow.com/breaking-toby-keith-will-no-longer-appear-at-cancer-benefit-amid-tough-week/

According to Wikipedia he has sold over 40 million records which is quite a lot. Enough for me to say that despite his us centric fame he would very likely still get an obit over here. 

A good name for next year's deathlist.

• Like 1

Notable enough but not sure there is enough evidence he is ill enough at present.

• Like 1

Admittedly stomach cancer can prove to really be a dark horse of a cancer

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Notable enough but not sure there is enough evidence he is ill enough at present.

Liz Truss has a a thread no less than 2 weeks old with 3 pages of replies...

3 minutes ago, Banana said:

Liz Truss has a a thread no less than 2 weeks old with 3 pages of replies...

I meant ill enough for the death list next year.Having a thread is fine as he is famous and seriously ill.

• Like 3

Neither of them are as ill as you'd like.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

I meant ill enough for the death list next year.Having a thread is fine as he is famous and seriously ill.

Ah, apologies, misread

Yeah he looks really gaunt and frail.Almost unrecognisable.

New pic. I don’t know if I’ve seen any celebrity’s gaunt appearance make them more unrecognizable

IMG_8793.jpeg

Arguably John Wetton looked better in his final picture tbh. Tbf he’s still touring but I think he’s basically gonna tour till he dies cause he loves it

• Like 2

Toby looks worse than his friend Jimmy Buffett in his last few months, and Jimmy did look gaunt in some of his last photos. From what I've been following with the situation, Toby says he still plans to tour next year, but those cancer treatments take a toll on so many. I'm sure he'd love to perform even with the cancer, as that would take his mind off of the disease.

Reminds me of Robin Gibb who worked until he dropped nearly.

• Like 1

He kind of has that Randy Jackson look that Mr. Jackson had late last year (and arguably still has), but Jackson has made it to the end of the year, so I guess you never know. 

5 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

He kind of has that Randy Jackson look that Mr. Jackson had late last year (and arguably still has), but Jackson has made it to the end of the year, so I guess you never know. 

To be fair we don’t know if Randy Jackson actually has cancer or another fatal illness. We know Toby Keith has advanced cancer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

apparently feels better and is "at a corner" which just put him out of my ddp list

I still reckon he is a gonermI remember Robin Gibb saying he was winning against cancer.

If a beloved figure says they are doing well against cancer usually they are fucked.If a despot says they are dying they will make 3 digits.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4