Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

David McCallum

1 hour ago, msc said:

Also, I am legit shocked David McCallum doesn't have his own thread. He's David McCallum!!!

Well there you go.

• Like 5

Top man, David McCallum is properly DLy,, one of the all time greats. I was just surprised he didn't have a thread when so many lesser folk do. 

(Just repost that birthday photo here, since it's his own thread now.)

307657956_489102766560739_2918887989418824746_n.jpg

• Like 3

I get him mixed up with the historian who's now dead.

Seems DL-y to post the novelty cash-in song about him by "Angela & The Fans", which was actually Alma Cogan on the downswing of her fame and, as it turned out, dying of stage 4 stomach cancer:

• Like 2

Wiki says that it was ovarian cancer that killed her?

On 21/09/2022 at 11:07, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Wiki says that it was ovarian cancer that killed her?

We're both right: she was first diagnosed with stomach cancer, but it was ovarian cancer that killed her.

• Like 1

Recent interview with yer man himself here: https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/david-mccallum-interview/

Interesting that he was sick after eating health food with health food nut Robert Vaughn (deceased) and also he has 2 shows left on his NCIS contract, which he will fulfil if he is able to travel.

But anything can happen when you are 90+. I won't be picking him anyway, a hero of mine.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, tracy said:

I'm going to say it.

You cannot stop me.

An acting LEGEND!!!!!!!!

RIP.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

That is really upsetting.

Rare to find someone that is a good actor and person. RIP

• Like 6

Was watching his episode of B5 the other night. I thought William Russell would go before him from The Great Escape

• Like 3

Also the son of a great musician and a notable and cultish arranger who turned in this slightly strange gem of an album: 

Ny0xODA0LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 2

As surprised as it's possible to be at a nonagenarian's death. Expected him to last a few more years. Sad news as he came across as a decent bloke but at least he had a long life. RIP. Is that everyone dead from The Great Escape now? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

As surprised as it's possible to be at a nonagenarian's death. Expected him to last a few more years. Sad news as he came across as a decent bloke but at least he had a long life. RIP. Is that everyone dead from The Great Escape now

2 survivors as afar as I know. Russell and Leyton. But that's for the appropriate thread. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tracy said:

A legend !!!! I watched NCIS and others American Investigation series at home when I came back from school in primary school. Wonderful series to watch when you are young : NCIS, CSI, HAWAI-5-0.
RIP David McCallum.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

A legend !!!! I watched NCIS and others American Investigation series at home when I came back from school in primary school. Wonderful series to watch when you are young : NCIS, CBI, HAWAI-5-0.
RIP David McCallum.

When I was in primary school he was in The Man From UNCLE!

Btw I think you mean CSI, unless there's been a TV action show about the Confederation of British Industry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

When I was in primary school he was in The Man From UNCLE!

Btw I think you mean CSI, unless there's been a TV action show about the Confederation of British Industry.

Yes I miswrote ! Ah, Ah !

• Like 1

I absolutely fucking loved The Invisible Man when it was repeated in the 90s. Sapphire and Steel was great too. RIP.

• Like 2

Very sad news and he was indeed a legend.

• Like 2

This is a sad one for me. David was a great actor indeed. Loved his role on NCIS, but I'll also remember some of his voice acting roles in some of the shows I watched as a teenager. He also narrated the World War II documentary D-Day at Pointe-du-Hoc in 2019 (which I haven't actually watched surprisingly, will do so today). RIP.

• Like 1

And this is his instantly recognisable song, sampled by Dr Dre (the Next Episode). It was also the first chord played in Dre's 2022 SuperBowl performance.

• Like 1

Agreeing with all the previous comments about what a legend he was. To have at least three different iconic TV roles and roles in two all time classics. Not a bad career. He'll always be Steel to me.

My condolences, @Ulitzer95.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When they were filming Trainer (in which he played a professional gambler), he drove this car.

He stopped and gave my friend's mum a lift one day when he saw her plodding along the road (she lived quite a long way out of her village).

She had NO idea who he was. :D

image.png.922d88b328117376b65e8f0e8fbef3b8.png

• Like 1