Joey Russ

Rishi Sunak

23 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

#RishiOut is already trending so this bodes well for him. People just want a general election.

Aye, that'll be almost just over 870,000 people as of this post, then

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/619781

• Like 1

Over the next 24 hours I'm looking forward to seeing all those former supporters who bailed on him during the summer, going over to Truss when it seemed like his support was waning, now backpedalling furiously in a desperate attempt to land a plum job. I suspect Sunak will remember the names of all those fair-weather friends. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cropsy said:

I could care less about money. but how the hell can someone whose never been skint or struggled a day in their life dictate how the rest of the country should be living.

Politicians in this and just about every other country tend to come from fairly comfortable middle-class backgrounds, though. That goes for all parties. Not necessarily Eton and Oxford, but they don't usually come from poor families. Angela Rayner is the only one I can think of who comes close. Maybe a handful of other Labour and SNP MP's would fit the bill. 

• Like 1

Truss ditched some of those who - metaphorically or otherwise - clearly got a wide-on when Bojo entered the room, just wondering which remaining brown tongues may finally get a chance to go pink. Jacob Rhys Mogg and Anne-Marie Trevelyan were visibly doing the rounds on Big Dog's behalf this time yesterday. Thinking the back benches beckon for that brace of political "talents" now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Politicians in this and just about every other country tend to come from fairly comfortable middle-class backgrounds, though. That goes for all parties. Not necessarily Eton and Oxford, but they don't usually come from poor families. Angela Rayner is the only one I can think of who comes close. Maybe a handful of other Labour and SNP MP's would fit the bill. 

Personally mate, I feel like anyone who wants to be a politician shouldn't be allowed to be politicians. They all have their own self interests at heart.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone say out plain that the party membership rejected Sunak for Truss, as they would have rejected him for Boris, because he's a Person of Alternative Kultural Import. Things could get ugly in that respect.

• Like 1

If he ever gets caught having an affair the eat out to help out memes will be epic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Over the next 24 hours I'm looking forward to seeing all those former supporters who bailed on him during the summer, going over to Truss when it seemed like his support was waning, now backpedalling furiously in a desperate attempt to land a plum job. I suspect Sunak will remember the names of all those fair-weather friends. 

Robert Buckland we are looking at you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

When did folk generally stop referring to the PM by their surname or "the Prime Minister"? (Not talking about among their own)

They aren't your mate or neighbour. 

Comes across to me as Cameron 2.0, without a meaningless slogan or any idea of the future he wants for us. Also, recent former Chancellors haven't made the best PMs, have they?

I imagine it stems back to when Blair told everyone " call me Tony".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cropsy said:

Personally mate, I feel like anyone who wants to be a politician shouldn't be allowed to be politicians.

I spot a minor flaw in this.

• Like 2

Just now, TQR said:

I spot a minor flaw in this.

What's that buddy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

When did folk generally stop referring to the PM by their surname or "the Prime Minister"? (Not talking about among their own)

They aren't your mate or neighbour.

Thatcher was often referred to as Maggie, so it's nothing new.

"Boris" of course is a deliberate gimmick used by Alexander Johnson to achieve exactly the effect you mention.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:
1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

#RishiOut is already trending so this bodes well for him. People just want a general election.

Aye, that'll be almost just over 870,000 people as of this post, then

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/619781

You can be assured that there are millions more wanting a general election who are unaware of that petition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Dishy Rishi as he is known in spitting image.

Don't start all of that, it will give GC the right 'orn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Cropsy said:

What's that buddy?

Well honey pie, under your system there would be no politicians at all, so we’d end up with anarchy, which is only one step better than a Tory government.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Well honey pie, under your system there would be no politicians at all, so we’d end up with anarchy, which is only one step better than a Tory government.

I'm not saying no government, I think what I mean is the ones in parliment or congress right now should be removed and a whole revamp of the government should be happening. No hangers on getting paid £1000's, no media turning a blind eye to possible corruption. I know I'm living in a world where none of this will ever happen, but surely there has to be a better system than the one we have now. Or at least make politicians accountable for their action, both good and bad.

• Like 2

His maiden speech went down very well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cropsy said:

I'm not saying no government, I think what I mean is the ones in parliment or congress right now should be removed and a whole revamp of the government should be happening. No hangers on getting paid £1000's, no media turning a blind eye to possible corruption. I know I'm living in a world where none of this will ever happen, but surely there has to be a better system than the one we have now. Or at least make politicians accountable for their action, both good and bad.

I agree, we do need a broad reset and everyone serving should be held accountable for what they do. And as for the media…let’s not even go there for now, it’s largely a fucking evil cesspit. But you can’t have a world where everyone who wants to be a politician isn’t allowed to be. You’d either end up with nobody at all or being represented by utterly disinterested people. You wouldn’t get on a plane piloted by somebody who couldn’t give a flying fuck (no pun intended) about planes, would you?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

I agree, we do need a broad reset and everyone serving should be held accountable for what they do. And as for the media…let’s not even go there for now, it’s largely a fucking evil cesspit. But you can’t have a world where everyone who wants to be a politician isn’t allowed to be. You’d either end up with nobody at all or being represented by utterly disinterested people. You wouldn’t get on a plane piloted by somebody who couldn’t give a flying fuck (no pun intended) about planes, would you?

To be fair mate, I think politicians make more money than pilots and don't have a dangerous job :P It's a tough one, I don't lean either left or right, there as bad as each other, so I'm not on here to bash the tories or labour or snp, I don't like nor trust any of them, but then if we all thought like me nothing would change. I guess I'm just sick of all the fearmongering and lying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

You’d either end up with nobody at all or being represented by utterly disinterested people. You wouldn’t get on a plane piloted by somebody who couldn’t give a flying fuck (no pun intended) about planes, would you?

People who who couldn’t give a flying fuck are uninterested. 

Disinterested, on the other hand, is exactly what we need.   People with no personal axe to grind, detached, neutral.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

People who who couldn’t give a flying fuck are uninterested. 

Disinterested, on the other hand, is exactly what we need.   People with no personal axe to grind, detached, neutral.

Yeah I know. In the case of the politicians not wanting to be politicians, they’d likely be both disinterested and uninterested. 

• Like 2

Daily Star always have the best headlines. They’ve got a gold standard in shitposting.

• Like 1

Saw on FB: Sunak Hunt will be running the country. It's a gift.

• Like 1

Can't help but wonder what Grant Schapps did wrong in his five days as Home Secretary ...

And as for Cruella, it would take a braver man than me to explain why she's back so soon. The Anti Tofu Coalition are responsible, I guess. 

• Like 3