Joey Russ

Rishi Sunak

You know you're getting old when Prime Ministers are getting younger than you! :unsure:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brad252 said:

Whenever in the future his death comes his obituary will now include being fined for lawbreaking twice* while in Government:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64353054

*At time of posting

Fed up of the hypocrisy.

Princess Diana never wore a seatbelt and she’s regarded as a saint!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Not quite sure why he's announced the Brexit deal (you know, that thing that Boris got done years ago) in Windsor rather than in Northern Ireland itself. And called it the Windsor framework.

(Well, we do, it's so he can involve the monarchy in this).

Is he averse to going to part of this great United Kingdom he cherishes? Or just the places where folk are getting shot?

Good for Northern Ireland though - they can pay the same high prices if not more anyway like the mainland. And do without the fruit and veg like the rest of us.

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Not quite sure why he's announced the Brexit deal (you know, that thing that Boris got done years ago) in Windsor rather than in Northern Ireland itself. And called it the Windsor framework.

Is he averse to going to part of this great United Kingdom he cherishes? Or just the places where folk are getting shot?

Good for Northern Ireland though - they can pay the same high prices if not more anyway like the mainland. And do without the fruit and veg like the rest of us.

So, if that new Windsor arrangement goes to shit and the green and red lanes keep getting mixed up the press can label the chaos as Brown Windsor Soup!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

He’s in Belfast today. Good enough for you? :D 

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He’s in Belfast today. Good enough for you? :D 

Well, of course not.

Rishi is like someone who has got a gift for his granny. He announces it to great fanfare on her birthday via zoom call to her and everyone else. On that call he sends his condolences on the death of her best friend.

He turns up the next day at his granny's house. He is empty handed. He repeats he has her gift but it will depend whether her husband likes it, whether his own best friend likes it, whether her bin man likes it and whether the post office can deliver it. He doesn't mention her dead best friend once. He points at all the security guards he brought with him, but his granny doesn't realise they are there to protect him, not the non-existent gift.

He then clears out her cupboard of food and scarpers.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought nothing could amuse and enrage me more in equal measure than Truss' reading at the Queen's funeral or Johnson's clumsy speech with Peppa Pig.

But no, Sunak does it again - a Hindu preaching from the Bible like a fucking Christian at the Coronation. Admittedly a Coronation where the monarch swears to uphold the established Church and faith while bringing a divorcee to be crowned at his side, but nevertheless...

Anyone at the Abbey not a hypocrite?

:lol:

• Like 1

My mum also mentioned that. It looked very fake of him because he is a Hindu and does not believe a word of what he is saying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

and does not believe a word of what he is saying.

He’s an expert of that.

• Like 1

Shut the fuck up about Jilly Cooper, you're a heterosexual man in his 40s.

Reminds me of the former school pal (heterosexual) who like to read those thin, dime-a-dozen romance novels you see in the train station. He also likes to ride busses and is a member of the (geman) green party.

• Like 1

Been interviewed on Sky News by Oor Beth Rigby.

Someone has pulled the string out the back of his head as he continually repeats his 5 pledges.

Good that he's concentrating on those 5 pledges. By not concentrating on them, instead, talking about AI in America, and talking about Ukraine. And foregoing PMQs - again.

What are his priorities again? *pulls string*....

• Like 1

So, discussing Sunak on the way into Wembley a few days back (as you do), I'm of the opinion that he's a kind of PM we've never previously seen (nowt to do with his ethnicity). Specifically I'm thinking his motivation in taking the job was partly its ability to boost the rest of his career and that following what he'll present as a manful attempt to wrestle the massive challenges faced by the country under control he'll lose the next election and in what he thinks a reasonably respectable amount of time will work his way back into finance where he'll actually have a career - as opposed to the likes of Bojo who are more jobbing entertainers as they take their various jobs, or the likes of Major who take directorships here and there. In other words Sunak (who turned 43 last month) basically thought running this country was a step on the way to the biggest/best job(s) he'll ever have, which is likely a first for anyone in charge of the UK.

Whaddya reckon?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, discussing Sunak on the way into Wembley a few days back (as you do), I'm of the opinion that he's a kind of PM we've never previously seen (nowt to do with his ethnicity). Specifically I'm thinking his motivation in taking the job was partly its ability to boost the rest of his career and that following what he'll present as a manful attempt to wrestle the massive challenges faced by the country under control he'll lose the next election and in what he thinks a reasonably respectable amount of time will work his way back into finance where he'll actually have a career - as opposed to the likes of Bojo who are more jobbing entertainers as they take their various jobs, or the likes of Major who take directorships here and there. In other words Sunak (who turned 43 last month) basically thought running this country was a step on the way to the biggest/best job(s) he'll ever have, which is likely a first for anyone in charge of the UK.

Whaddya reckon?

You could argue this also applies to Nick Clegg albeit he was Deputy Prime Minister. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

You could argue this also applies to Nick Clegg albeit he was Deputy Prime Minister. 

Aye, a fair point - I'm not seeing much consistency between the policies he pushed before the 2010 election and what he stands for now at Meta, much more consistency in the smooth presentation and ability to move on seamlessly from one project to another.

Clegg's Wiki page says he destressed as Deputy PM by reading novels late at night and that he cries alone to music on a regular basis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Whaddya reckon?

I reckon this is what you're after.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I reckon this is what you're after.

Aye, maybe - or possibly the General Election 2024 thread because his motivation in life is relevant to that. 

Either way, likelihood of immanent death in his case...remote, eh! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

, likelihood of immanent death in his case...remote, eh! 

Well, electoral death counts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

He’s got really big ears.

That’s my political input for 2023 out of the way.

And testicles that could fit in the inner canal of one of those ears with plenty of room to spare.

• Like 1

There are protesters on the roof of his Yorkshire mansion.

Hahahhhhaahahhaahahhaahha

• Like 1

When asked about the incident, the Deputy Prime Minister Oliver Dowden *pauses to sigh in despair* said he thought the British people were "sick of these stupid stunts".

Not as sick as they are of these stupid cunts running the country deep into the ground.

• Like 6