maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2023

Deathrace Form Guide #26

1_PJ-Proby.jpg

P J Proby 

'bout time for our annual "how the fuck is he still alive?" celebration of a wayward but highly obitable talent with about as much self-control as Donald Trump on amphetamines. The UK-based American's epic trail of self-destruction is multi-faceted, starting with a trade-mark trouser splitting incident onstage (when he was still capable of selling records in the 60s) and tumbling through damp squib comebacks, countless ill-advised comments and ongoing calamities in terms of financial management and reining in his appetite for alcohol.The marriages made for tabloid headlines, the heart-attack that put a stop to the (liquid) pop was 30 years ago, but the man's self-awareness remains suicidal in career terms at least. He near-enough cancelled his farewell tour just over three years ago in an interview which involved discussing the preciously young brides in his past and also admitted (when aged 80) that he really only wanted to date young teenagers. His online efforts to find a partner having proven - predictably - unproductive up that point. Turned 84 a fortnight back. Any DL'er currently resident in Twyford might want to enlighen us with a sighting.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Deathrace Form Guide #26

1_PJ-Proby.jpg

P J Proby 

'bout time for our annual "how the fuck is he still alive?" celebration of a wayward but highly obitable talent with about as much self-control as Donald Trump on amphetamines. The UK-based American's epic trail of self-destruction is multi-faceted, starting with a trade-mark trouser splitting incident onstage (when he was still capable of selling records in the 60s) and tumbling through damp squib comebacks, countless ill-advised comments and ongoing calamities in terms of financial management and reining in his appetite for alcohol.The marriages made for tabloid headlines, the heart-attack that put a stop to the (liquid) pop was 30 years ago, but the man's self-awareness remains suicidal in career terms at least. He near-enough cancelled his farewell tour just over three years ago in an interview which involved discussing the preciously young brides in his past and also admitted (when aged 80) that he really only wanted to date young teenagers. His online efforts to find a partner having proven - predictably - unproductive up that point. Turned 84 a fortnight back. Any DL'er currently resident in Twyford might want to enlighen us with a sighting.

He was on Mike Read's Talking Pictures show about 3 weeks ago! You might want to give it a look (Heritage Chart) - can't promise the music is up your street but he does drag random interviews out of aging musicians.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

He was on Mike Read's Talking Pictures show about 3 weeks ago! You might want to give it a look (Heritage Chart) - can't promise the music is up your street but he does drag random interviews out of aging musicians.

Thanks, had totally escaped me that he had a single - I Say Woman - out recently. Mike Read's Heritage Chart show is my idea of Hell on Earth, btw - seriously, if it were a parody it'd just about to acceptable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Thanks, had totally escaped me that he had a single - I Say Woman - out recently. Mike Read's Heritage Chart show is my idea of Hell on Earth, btw - seriously, if it were a parody it'd just about to acceptable. 

It is very much Mike Read. He wears his own biases on his sleeve. I won't comment on the politics of Right Said Fred's recent anti-lockdown song (they should be self-evident) but the song was also godawful. Sometimes you get The Starjets or Rory Gallagher but it's gone into a lull of MOR mediocrities at the moment. It is useful though - Don Powell was on it soon after his health issues, and Ray Dorset's been on a few times. So worth it for form spotting but tbh, I'll mention anything worth knowing on forum!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

It is very much Mike Read. He wears his own biases on his sleeve. I won't comment on the politics of Right Said Fred's recent anti-lockdown song (they should be self-evident) but the song was also godawful. Sometimes you get The Starjets or Rory Gallagher but it's gone into a lull of MOR mediocrities at the moment. It is useful though - Don Powell was on it soon after his health issues, and Ray Dorset's been on a few times. So worth it for form spotting but tbh, I'll mention anything worth knowing on forum!

Cheers MSC, you take that one for the team, eh ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Deathrace Form Guide #27

armes.thumb.jpg.acd42ee1d1383c2d488742bac5c15fd5.jpg

Jay J. Armes

Eccentric armes-less "World's Greatest Detective" most known for being hired by Marlon Brando to save his son Christian (1956-2008) after he was kidnapped by Brando's ex-wife, Christian's mother Anna Kashfi in 1972. Armes found him in a tent in a Mexican hippie commune with bronchial pneumonia. He's also been hired or claims to have been by Elvis, John Lennon and many others. Also an actor/claims to be one and has claimed to have appeared in 39 Hollywood movies and 28 television shows, but is only known to have appeared in Hawaii Five-O where he played the villain Hookman. And also known for his book, 1970s Jay J. Armes action figures that had detachable prosthetics and various gadgets, and for owning big cats, chimpanzees, tapirs, cougars, monkeys, appearances in loads of places and owning wax statues of himself. He's lied about a ton of stuff including flying everywhere with a private helicopter (actually a prop in his backyard covered with rust), his mentor never existed, he never appeared in "The Man Who Was Too Good At Sex" and was never the subject of fourteen assasination attempts. However he did own a multimillion mansion in El Paco with a shooting range, menagerie, private gym, tons of pictures, paintings, wax puppets and wax heads of himself and a lot of different kinds of taxidermied animals. He sold it a few years ago, now 90 and has been making less public appearances recently. Will he lend a helping hand to the participant who picks him? 

• Like 3

Johnnie Irwin -Joker
Marga Minco
Philomena Lee
Esther Jenner
Richard Williams
Janette Oke
Luis Garavito
Amelita Martinez-Ramos
Jamila Massey
Queen Ratna of Nepal 
Constantine II of Greece 
Rubén Olivares
Wanda Jackson
Willie Nelson
Jiřina Bohdalová
Carolyn Bryant Donham
Malachy McCourt
Maryse Condé
Mike Summerbee
Jorge Molina Vaidivieso

sub
Jet Black 
Frank Field
Alice Munro
Imelda Marcos
Ron Sexsmith

Alright I submitted my entry but it's on page 2 because I edited it into an old comment. See page 2 for my entry.

Deathrace Form Guide #28

Screenshot_20221125_210000_org.wikipedia_edit_130807386026393.jpg

Andrés García

The Dominican-born Mexican actor and potential future Gooseberry Crumble avatar is 82 next May, has been suffering from Prostate Cancer for 27 years, and recently overdosed on cocaine. 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 20:39, JoeMoneypenny said:

****Joker Vicky Phelan

Since my joker died making Steve McMichael my  new joker

39 minutes ago, JoeMoneypenny said:

Since my joker died making Steve McMichael my  new joker

Sorted 

Which gives me an opportunity to say to the others picking her that subs are in play. 

Basil van Rooyen
Boogie2988
Chief Keef
Frank McGarvey 
Harriet Andersson
Hazel Beard
 Ingrid Arvidsson 
Jean-Marie Le Pen
June Squibb
Larry Garza
Margaret Stuart Barry
Michael Gravelle
Milan Kundera(joker)
Nathalia Timberg 
Pele
Roberta Flack 
Rolf Harris
Ski Mask the Slump God 
Tammy Slaton
Ugo Mifsud Bonnici 
subs
Lucillle Randon
Inga Landgre
Johnny Ruffo
Randy Jackson
Gunilla Poppe

Am I allowed to edit my entries before they close? Because I want to make some changes to my submissions before the entries close. I hope it isn't considered cheating.

Wow you guys are really putting facepalm emotes just because I asked a question.

• Facepalm 2

8 hours ago, When The said:

Am I allowed to edit my entries before they close? Because I want to make some changes to my submissions before the entries close. I hope it isn't considered cheating.

Erm, no

We have proper rules and everything: 

12 - In the event that Deathlist editing options or other online trickery is discovered to have been employed in the editing of teams, those duly fingered for such cheating will be removed from the Deathrace and banned for life from subsequent entry into Deathraces.

17 hours ago, When The said:

Wow you guys are really putting facepalm emotes just because I asked a question.

No, not becase you asked a question.

One, because the answer is in the rules.

Two, because why would you submit a team this early if it wasn't finalised?

17 hours ago, When The said:

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Erm, no

We have proper rules and everything: 

12 - In the event that Deathlist editing options or other online trickery is discovered to have been employed in the editing of teams, those duly fingered for such cheating will be removed from the Deathrace and banned for life from subsequent entry into Deathraces.

So I think you need to decide if you want to get fingered by mary :D

Subs already doing heavy jogging on the touchline - no need to PM if they're required 

cc69eacf48cde520d0bfe776f7b4b89a.jpg

Jean-Marie Le Pen-joker
Claire Maurier
Brenka Veselinovic
Karl Merkatz
Roberta Flack
Francoise Hardy
Helene Langevin-Joliot
Francoise Fabian
Bobby Caldwell
David Graham

Don West
Jonnie Irwin
Kanye West
Giorgia Moll
Roland Bertin
Sharad Pawar
Nigel Starmer-Smith
Tereza Kesovija

Rolf Harris
Line Renaud

subs
Winnie Ewing
Bhuddadeb Bhattacharjee
Jean Philippe
Phyllis Dalton
Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Subs already doing heavy jogging on the touchline - no need to PM if they're required 

cc69eacf48cde520d0bfe776f7b4b89a.jpg

didn't bother putting him on my team just now because it looks like he will go in the next 48 hours

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

No worries, first sub now in play so's you still have the same chance of Winnie (arf!)

Deathrace Form Guide #29

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5TYiAL9_Eck8R7cPtBCL

Boogie 2988 

That'll be Stephen Jay Williams (according to his birth certificate) the 48 year old has a history of morbid obesity, depression and YouTubing in a manner so self-indulgent and opaque that separating his own troubled history from an on-screen character we're - apparently - supposed to hate is nigh on impossible. His marriage was a blink and you'll miss it affair, other recent adventures include a charge of aggravated assault after a spat with a fellow YouTuber ended with Boogie discharging a firearm to to warn Frank Hassle (yeah, really) off hassling him. Oh aye, and he's recently gone public with a blood cancer diagnosis. Current accumulated views of his work are approaching 1 billion, likely to spike if he makes the ultimate career move sometime early next year, so q/o's a certainty.

MPFC I am going to join in the fun of this for 2023, it seems good fun, if that is ok of course? I am not going to post my 20 topplers though until later in the month in case December 2022 brings us late carnage. 

• Like 1