Josco

The Kings Of Tonga

Damn right he'll get the BBC obit, The Sun will probably give it a fleeting mention too. After all, he's got bigger paps than a few of their regular lovelies.

I've heard the words 'imminent' and 'death bed' used in reporting dear old T4's health in the last day or so, can't find any links though. However, I can say his obit is being prepared and more than one news outlet is booking tickets to Tonga for the proceedings.

Excellent.

I'm sure his unusual character will get a BBC obit.

Afterall, they are dumbing down...

I await with bated breath, I too have him on my DDP and have also heard from a friend who works for the media in NZ that he's hanging on by a thread. :banghead:

I've heard the words 'imminent' and 'death bed' used in reporting dear old T4's health in the last day or so, can't find any links though. However, I can say his obit is being prepared and more than one news outlet is booking tickets to Tonga for the proceedings.

Excellent.

I'm sure his unusual character will get a BBC obit.

Afterall, they are dumbing down...

I await with bated breath, I too have him on my DDP and have also heard from a friend who works for the media in NZ that he's hanging on by a thread. :banghead:

I love all the inside information deathlist gets.

Congratulations on 400 DDT.

I've been listening to Radio New Zealand Pacific Service all evening, not a jot of news :banghead:

The Tongan press is reporting he will be returning home for his 88th Birthday, they neglect to mention if he will already be in a coffin by then.

Protester crashes his car into the gates of his NZ home hours before T4 leaves for Tonga.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411366/771489

The assailant has been ordered to stay at least 200 metres away from the king. A man of Taufa's "presence", however, presents easy pickings with the right choice of rifle. Could T4 be assassinated on his 88th? Will there be anarchy on the streets of Nuku'alofa?

taufaprotestcar9jv7jo.jpg

Ogga looga. Latu. Ho. Language is a whore. Choot choot Taufa. Pepsi Cola.

That was the most coherent post you've ever written Banshees, bless your little heart :angry:

Ogga looga. Latu. Ho. Language is a whore. Choot choot Taufa. Pepsi Cola.

That was the most coherent post you've ever written Banshees, bless your little heart :angry:

I'm overwhelmed.

T4 back in Tonga for his 88th birthday celebrations although, as this article states;

Wheelchair-bound King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV's feet did not even touch the ground of the kingdom he has ruled for 40 years when he arrived back in Tonga ... King Tupou was quickly transferred to the royal Transit van, licence plate HM 9, his distinctive silhouette visible through the dark tinted windows ... Slumped in his wheelchair, wearing dark glasses and dark clothing, King Tupou sat on a raised recess to the side of the pulpit next to his wife...

Has anyone else seen "Weekend At Bernie's"? :angry:

taufahomeintonga7pp.jpg

His prospect of dying this year seems to become more real with each passing day.

How fun.

His prospect of dying this year seems to become more real with each passing day.

How fun.

Anything of value or interest to add, Windsor? Didn't think so. :angry:

How fun.

This post - whore thing with you is becoming not only annoying but obsessive. People can say whatever they want, the concept of post - whore should only amount to a few. Like those who post with 25 smiley faces. Otherwise it shouldn't be branded on everyone, like it has been.

How fun.

This post - whore thing with you is becoming not only annoying but obsessive. People can say whatever they want, the concept of post - whore should only amount to a few. Like those who post with 25 smiley faces. Otherwise it shouldn't be branded on everyone, like it has been.

Aye Star Crossed, do try to be a bit less cantankerous.

Or to put it another way, a bit more canankerous.

How fun.

The capital city of England is London.

That'll be all.

How fun.

Aye Star Crossed, do try to be a bit less cantankerous.

Or to put it another way, a bit more canankerous.

I respect the opinions of the Mods, but I'm not going to take that sitting down like some 5-year-old who's just been told to sit on the naughty step. No, no way. If I didn't respond to that, people like Banshees would think they'd won some sort of moral victory. If a Mod wants me to be less cantankerous, maybe they should try PMing me, unless public bickering is actually what they're after?

So, Windsor posts some rubbish that might flit through someone's head for like a millionth of a second, but nobody in their right mind would actually bother to post. I have a whinge about it, which I feel is pretty justified. Banshees gets an attack of paranoia, thinks I was talking to him (which I wasn't, although just look up the page a bit for an e.g. of Banshees' contributions to this thread "Choot choot Taufa. Pepsi Cola"???) and leaps to Windsor's defence, then NAP? No, no f***ing way. I'm calling bullsh*t on this. This is bullsh*t.

It's not like I'm calling every man Jack and his dog a post-whore (read my post; did I mention the word "whore"? no); I just don't see why people who have been on this forum for ages and might actually have something decent to contribute can get away with making so many posts that would be unworthy of even the most ill-educated drive-by ranter, and I'm not even allowed to criticise that? Why is this possible? You want every f**ing member to post their every random thought on here like it's some collective stream-of-consciousness blog?

Cantankerous you may find me, fair enough; you're entitled to an opinion, but at least I give a f**k.

p.s.

... the concept of post - whore should only amount to a few ...
It does only apply to a few people. The same people, pretty much all the time, and everyone else has to wade through that cr*p to read the actual content of the threads. "Posts" like your incoherent babble above, Banshees, and Windsor's one-liner, are like lint in the navel of this thread.

This post in no way invalidates my right to future one-line posts consisting entirely of drivel and/or emoticons which may or may not be construed as whoring.

In all fairness, I have never had a deathlist alter ego.

My start of the 'Drunk Bored Thread' or whatever I originally named it was pretty much a joke. I don't know how clear I made that, but yes Star Crossed I understand your point. People shouldn't go around posting nonesense but you must accept that there are many different Deathlist personalitys. Some are on course and some aren't, some speak there minds and others add creative twists to there posts, an example would be my post making a big time joke of Taufa'ahau Tupou IV language whatever the hell he speaks. Wheather or not most Deathlisters approve of that, I don't know - But if they didn't I really couldn't give a F**k. :banghead:

I wasn't being paranoid, thinking that your post was said directly to me. I understand you didn't actually type 'Post Whore' but I think it's fair to say that you refered to the concept. For what Windsor posted, I regard your reply out of place.

PS:

'The Drunk Bored Thread" was created for the purpose of public bickering. It was created for random talk and pretty much applys to everything. I thank the kind soul who had it pinned.

Some are on course and some aren't, some speak there minds and others add creative twists to there posts, an example would be my post making a big time joke of Taufa'ahau Tupou IV language whatever the hell he speaks.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing the King of Tonga speaks Tongan. This may help.

Guest Rob.H
first of all maybe it was his time.

as for it being the right timefor his departure from our home land tonga,only the lord knows that.

neava met the gentleman but his royalness should have respect by every one, therefor people writing thing like "fat bugger"does not show the amount of respect we should have for our royal family.

if us tongans write comments like these were palangis can see, what stops them from disrespecting them?

thank you.

Nice to find someone on here who is respectful. One could ask why mention his weight at all. How many people live until they are 87? As today 04/07/06 is his 88th birthday, I for one say well done

Some are on course and some aren't, some speak there minds and others add creative twists to there posts, an example would be my post making a big time joke of Taufa'ahau Tupou IV language whatever the hell he speaks.

He also speaks fluent English.

I'm sure he does, but Banshees already makes a "big time joke" of that language. :D

I'm sure he does,

but Banshees already makes a "big time joke" of that language. :D

I know what you mean, such talent of mine. People say I have a way with words.

The King's nephew and his wife have been killed in a car crash in California. They can check out any time they like, but they can never leave