Josco

The Kings Of Tonga

Cooking in the Danger Zone on BBC4 Tuesday at 8.30pm, gives an insight in to the large size of many Tongans. I would think King Taufa'ahau Tupou will be featured.

Cooking in the Danger Zone on BBC4 Tuesday at 8.30pm, gives an insight in to the large size of many Tongans. I would think King Taufa'ahau Tupou will be featured.

90%. That is practically the whole F*****g country. Only if Dr. Adkins was alive, he should have told them that he was the Jesus of weight loss. Slim Fast should be put on the shelves.

But i'm sure many Tongans don't consider themselves overweight. There standards are probably much different then ours. What we consider 20 pounds over weight just might be about average?

90%. That is practically the whole F*****g country. Only if Dr. Adkins was alive, he should have told them that he was the Jesus of weight loss. Slim Fast should be put on the shelves.

But i'm sure many Tongans don't consider themselves overweight. There standards are probably much different then ours. What we consider 20 pounds over weight just might be about average?

I thought the people of Houston, Texas in that film about the man who ate nothing but junk food for a month (William someone, damned if I can remember what it was called) looked larger than the inhabitants of Tonga.

I thought the people of Houston, Texas in that film about the man who ate nothing but junk food for a month (William someone, damned if I can remember what it was called) looked larger than the inhabitants of Tonga.

It was only a few months ago, where I heard the statistics throughout the whole United States, regarding which state was the most overweight. It was Houston Texas. I forget which state was most unemployed.

It seems that most southern states are the most obese.

It was only a few months ago, where I heard the statistics throughout the whole United States, regarding which state was the most overweight. It was Houston Texas. I forget which state was most unemployed.

It seems that most southern states are the most obese.

I'm sure the good burghers of Houston will be delighted to find they're a state now. Any chance of a link?

Are you thinking about the film Supersize Me ? That was about a guy who ate nothing but McDonalds

for a month.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

I'm 130 lbs and I'm five foot five inches tall. I'm considered skinny in America. You guys can

call me Bones instead of Mme. Defarge if you want. <_<

Guest iain

The queen of the maoris has died if thats of any interest!

Been reported in at least two other threads and there is no way you could have missed it.

Gunjaman, thanks for the link. Looks like the lump of lard will not see 2007.

Not on this thread it's not. I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere in the last couple of days.

Meanwhile, as T4 cranks up the Biggie Smalls in his Auckland hospital room, 6.1 quake passes through Tonga; is this some sort of gaian prediction of death for T4? Does iain control the fundamental geological forces?

Tongans urged to pray for dying King.

The Prime Minister called on church leaders, prayer groups and for all Tongans to pray for the king tonight. He said he had been informed that the health of the king had deteriorated this evening. ... The tone of the Prime Minister's announcement this evening was that only god can save the king now.
:(

Edit: I'm going away tomorrow for 3 days. After all this time, even with all my Google alerts set up, it looks like my ambition to be the one to post T4's death is going to be thwarted. I'm gutted on so many levels.

...........only god can save the king now.

I think I feel a song coming on.

If he's gone very pale during his final illness he'll be a wan king!!!!

...and if he doesn't deal with his impending demise in the best of spirits he'll be a 'furiously wan king' right up to the end.

:birthday:

...and if he doesn't deal with his impending demise in the best of spirits he'll be a 'furiously wan king' right up to the end.

:birthday:

May I divert both you gentlemen (yes, you two) to the cloakroom where you may pick up your coats...

Tongan King remains "critical" but has "comfortable" night.

He's still hanging in there, but surely, not for much longer. I would imagine he'll be dead by Sunday, at least.

And when he does... prepare for a wave of ranters, Josco's "fat old bugger" comment is still right up there on Google's front page.

He's still hanging in there, but surely, not for much longer. I would imagine he'll be dead by Sunday, at least.

And when he does... prepare for a wave of ranters, Josco's "fat old bugger" comment is still right up there on Google's front page.

About time we had some decent ranters round here. The DLRI hasn't seen much action for a while.

I think Mr. Josco's due back from his holidays any moment.

Wouldn't it be exciting if he came back to find a whole load of bloodthirsty raging Tongans on his doorstep?

About time we had some decent ranters round here. The DLRI hasn't seen much action for a while.

I think Mr. Josco's due back from his holidays any moment.

Wouldn't it be exciting if he came back to find a whole load of bloodthirsty raging Tongans on his doorstep?

I was wondering that as well. The Tongan Crips in Harrogate could be on his tail. :D

He hasn't gone to Tonga for his holiday by any chance?

:D

May I divert both you gentlemen (yes, you two) to the cloakroom where you may pick up your coats...

Way ahead of you Windsor, I'm only still here because I'm waiting for the taxi.... :party:

And after following Gunjaman5000's link (and skimming quickly through the death-related stuff) I spotted a rather nice quote under a picture of some happy looking ladies standing around in a field.

No brooms. Queen Salote college students use their slippers and bare hands to sweep Mala'e Kula today.
I said happy looking. :party: Presumably using brooms to prepare for the possibility of a state funeral would be some kind of devastating insult. Mala'e Kula are the Tongan Royal Tombs by the way.

Picture of the week is a nice idea too...

And after following Gunjaman5000's link (and skimming quickly through the death-related stuff) I spotted a rather nice quote under a picture of some happy looking ladies standing around in a field.
No brooms. Queen Salote college students use their slippers and bare hands to sweep Mala'e Kula today.
I said happy looking. :D Presumably using brooms to prepare for the possibility of a state funeral would be some kind of devastating insult. Mala'e Kula are the Tongan Royal Tombs by the way.

Picture of the week is a nice idea too...

That was my favourite bit too. First the great broom shortage of '06 and then the King dies. They'll be talking about this one for generations...

First the great broom shortage of '06 and then the King dies. They'll be talking about this one for generations...
:party:

Oh well, at least they haven't got to clean anywhere that's going to be excessively dusty during this broom crisis.....erm... :D

Might be cleaning for generations too, unless some sort of Broom Aid ('Sweep the World') could be organised? I'll get straight on to Bobby Geldof, see if we can get something started. Actually, Chris Morris would probably do a better job. :party:

I'm pretty confident that the King will be dead certainly by the end of the month if not by the end of the week.

The Tongan community have been told to prepare for the death of their King. To add to this the Prime Minister has made a trip to New Zealand to visit the bed-ridden Monarch.

Link.