Josco

The Kings Of Tonga

King of Tonga

This old king was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, a sodomite and considerably overweight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

well there were some photos of him a year or so back at a LaCrosse match set in Hawaii and he was in a wheelchair with crutches placed in front of him so it's a possibility however lot's of people who are heavyset survive past 90 so don't discount the man yet. Think clearly, if his weight were a major issue he wouldn't have lasted this long.

The last I heard he had lost about 150lb as a result of the national diet that he instigated in Tonga. It seems that Tongans in general tend to be very overweight due to their very fatty, unhealthy diet and there was a big drive, supported by the World Health Organisation to get them to cut out the lard and eat more veg instead. I think a load of personal trainers were also sent out there to get them into shape, starting with the king.

This was a few years back though and despite losing a whole person in weight (if he hasn't put it all back on again) he is still very large and that much older. I don't fancy his chances myself, his poor old heart surely can't hold out much longer under such strain.

This was a few years back though and despite losing a whole person in weight (if he hasn't put it all back on again) he is still very large and that much older. I don't fancy his chances myself, his poor old heart surely can't hold out much longer under such strain.

All those young ladies dancing the 'Hula Hula' in court must also get the old ticker racing!

Guest quail131

His Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV descendant of Queen Salote Tupou the proud guardian of Captain Cook's tortoise.

His Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV descendant of Queen Salote Tupou the proud guardian of Captain Cook's tortoise.

That's not the Captains log then!

Who mentioned the S&M club ?

:skull:

Guest candice

first of all maybe it was his time.

as for it being the right timefor his departure from our home land tonga,only the lord knows that.

neava met the gentleman but his royalness should have respect by every one, therefor people writing thing like "fat bugger"does not show the amount of respect we should have for our royal family.

if us tongans write comments like these were palangis can see, what stops them from disrespecting them?

thank you.

first of all maybe it was his time.

as for it being the right timefor his departure from our home land tonga,only the lord knows that.

neava met the gentleman but his royalness should have respect by every one, therefor people writing thing like "fat bugger"does not show the amount of respect we should have for our royal family.

if us tongans write comments like these were palangis can see, what stops them from disrespecting them?

thank you.

Candice

I have reflected upon my first post in this thread and I think I can concur with some of your comments. Perhaps it was a little injudicious to use the term 'bugger', but it was not meant to be offensive. Indeed it is often used as a term of affection as in "you daft old bugger" which is similar to "you silly old sausage." The term 'fat' is, however, indefectible.

Not sure why I should respect your Royal Family as I have never met them and know very little about them. Nothing demands automatic respect; respect should be earned, not compulsorily given.

By the way, who (or what) are palangis?

It's a term used to describe people of European descent in Tonga

Guest One Man Jury

I suspect that it's a racist way of describing white people (nothing to do with Europe) so the explanation "It's a term used to describe people of European descent in Tonga" sounds a bit dodgy to me and a smoke screen.

I suppose I could do a check on the Net but I'll be buggered if I'll do that. Oops, back to that again.

I suppose I could do a check on the Net but I'll be buggered if I'll do that. Oops, back to that again.

Is Michael Jackson also responsible for policing the Net now?

I suspect that it's a racist way of describing white people (nothing to do with Europe) so the explanation "It's a term used to describe people of European descent in Tonga" sounds a bit dodgy to me and a smoke screen.

How is that explanation dodgy? In every language, people use different words to describe people of different ethnicity and cultures and they are not all necessarily racist.

How is that explanation dodgy? In every language, people use different words to describe people of different ethnicity and cultures and they are not all necessarily racist.

In this day and age, almost any term for an ethnicity can be considered racist if it isn't the exactly right one which has been approved by the Powers That Be.

For example the word "black". They stopped using the word "blackboard" in schools because it is "racist". OK, they also stopped making them black, so the term became obsolete anyway, but the reason they say "chalkboard" instead is because some loony leftie or religious fascist decided "blackboard" is racist.

In one of the places where I work sometimes, there is a black guy serving in the canteen. Why could it be considered an insult to him to order a black coffee, but not if you order a white coffee from his white colleague?

Hipocrisy. Double standards.

If I had anything against a certain ethnic group, I might say so, or I might keep it to myself. But when I am talking about something else, like a cup of coffee or a writing board at school, I like to be able to use the word I want without being baselessly accused of racism. Luckily Germany isn't as bad for that kind of thing as the UK.

And people of different ethnic backgrounds are different and have different traits. There's nothing racist about making jokes about Irish, Jewish, black, Armenian etc., stereotypes. As long as they are realistic and not abusive.

Some of the racial stereotypes are negative, but it doesn't make you a racist to mention them. We Scots are often accused of miserliness. The Germans never get tired of mentioning this because they think it's funny. But they aren't racists because of it. They would be racists if they hated the Scots, but they don't because Scotland tends not to beat Germany at football much. (although they did send us that useless manager)

Racism is (or isn't) within a person, and can't be controlled by forbidding certain words. The litmus test is when you are confronted with a person of a different ethnic background, whether you treat them with the same respect you would treat your own countryman.

Or in other words: "would you mind if your daughter married one?"

That's how I see it anyway.

• Like 2

Guest DR. T Topui

His Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, yes may have been overweight but i as a Australian with a Tongan backround do remember reading that the Palangi community of U.S.A is the fattest in the world, and yes you where right palangi is not a racist remark unless heard by a palangi, the Tongan people do no have a word for the white man other than palangi, as do the Kiwis other than pakeha' and Australian Aborigionals "gabba",

His Majesty my king on earth whom i serve should be shown a little more respect then what he is currently receiving, he endevours to be apart of everything Europen that could benifit our country or yours...

His Majesty my king on earth whom i serve should be shown a little more respect then what he is currently receiving, he endevours to be apart of everything Europen that could benifit our country or yours...

Such as?

i as a Australian with a Tongan backround

Is "backround" a Aussie or Tongan description for a fat a*rse?

Because, boy, there's plenty of them in Tonga....

Latest news regarding the forthcoming election.

Could there be trouble in paradise; could this put a strain on the Top Tongan Ticker? Looks like the offspring is in charge, potential patricide?

Could there be trouble in paradise; could this put a strain on the Top Tongan Ticker? Looks like the offspring is in charge, potential patricide?

Why cide your pater when you already have his power? ;)

regards,

Hein

Could there be trouble in paradise; could this put a strain on the Top Tongan Ticker?  Looks like the offspring is in charge, potential patricide?

Why cide your pater when you already have his power? ;)

regards,

Hein

Perhaps to tidy up loose ends?

...yes you where right palangi is not a racist remark unless heard by a palangi, the Tongan people do no have a word for the white man other than palangi, as do the Kiwis other than pakeha' and Australian Aborigionals "gabba",

So it's a term based on race, for a particular racial group but not racist. I think I've got it now.

:( There seems to be something in the air...or CYBER, that you all seem find this topic worth a gesture...I hold much sympathy and respect for every individual and find that rudeness/racisism--vice versa (and disgrace for the opposite of dignity/self worthyness--vice versa) comes about in any creed. Especially indirect comments towards a King in any part of the world.

I'm sorry if I seem to undervalue any personal comments (thus or statements) in here, but it clearly stated ROOM that we are to show a little more respect on the King of Tonga. We don't necessarily have to respect in terms of bowing and kneeling (courteous) as such, but surely we have to show OTHER INDIVIDUALS respect for their King. For what seems to be of no value to others, may prove to be of a value for another, thus Tongans residing overseas and in Tonga (for many are now mixed ethinicities in Tonga and overseas, but we all 'still' hold a part of this origin in our bloods somewhere).

Just be careful what you say around here, due to reoffending others, especially me, who happens to be in the Nobles bloodlines. I can assure you, I am more European in my outer looks, but inside I hold much integrity for the King of Tonga. That goes for my Tongan sided culture.

I wish to discuss any matter relating to this topic, soon again.

P.s. Take it easy ROOM, we're all in this for much humour and excitement... ;)

Cheers

B.E.G

Help ma boab!

Come on now folks. we are a pretty erudite bunch. There must be somebody among us who has at least a basic knowledge of Gibberish.

Hein? You know some Dutch I believe?

I understand how u stand for your respect and most of all

for your king. I suppose i could agree that racist comments

are unnecessary as well for uncalled for remarks. But

understand the dl is based on many thing's and one being

judgement towards any canidate or any canidate to be.

If a person is sickly looking or is very frail and old or there

are rumers of suicide or even if they are dangerously overweight

"like your king" "and most of all for his old age" that will be discussed

about drasticly. The deathlist may see your king as a canidate for next

year and i hope you are not offended if he is choosen into the

2006 faimly "if he manages to keep breathing that is" So if judging him

for his looks and health still offends u in all respect then this is not the

websight for you. It reminds me of Howard Stern and his

radio show somewhat how they say that his show is outrageously

filthy and digusting. That is an opinion? People complain and

whine and it leads to legal matters with him getting sued.

The simple resulution to this problum is if his radio show

offends you "Dont watch it" Or listen and the same goes with anything else

in the same kind of manor including The Death List.

Help ma boab!

Come on now folks. we are a pretty erudite bunch. There must be somebody among us who has at least a basic knowledge of Gibberish.

It seems that Gibberish, like Grunt, is one of those few languages that many speak, but nobody understands.

Hein? You know some Dutch I believe?

Fluently. My Double Dutch, however, is a bit rusty.

regards,

Hein

• Like 2