Josco

The Kings Of Tonga

Well Banshees, I knew he was going to die this year way back in December...

Besides, a couple of pages back, don't you claim that the King will survive to make it to the 2007 list?

I can only say this:

After such a long wait, he had bloody better get a UK obit!

Never ye fear young Windsor, I have sent a stern message to the BBC demanding they report the King's death. It will appear soon, I guarantee you.

Guest Guest

I can only say this:

Never ye fear young Windsor, I have sent a stern message to the BBC demanding they report the King's death. It will appear soon, I guarantee you.

He'll be in The Times as well, mark my words...

Surely he was already dead BS when you posted that, going by New Zealand time?

Posted - Today, 06:13 AM - Sounds unlucky? - 1.13 AM in New York. He wasn't dead by that time as I know. If he was i'll give you the right to deny my claims.

Edited by Banshees Scream

I can only say this:

He'll be in The Times as well, mark my words...

He has a U.K. obituary in the Guardian

Tongan King Dies in New Zealand at 88

Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, 88, brings the ninth hit for the Weatherman90 Death Pool, a.k.a. the WDP. Windsor "the Troll" and the genius team of Magere Hein and Notapotato under the pseudonym "Nice Tits" both score 6 points. This is the first hit of the year for the duo of "Nice Tits", and the second hit for Windsor the Troll, bringing his total to 13, and putting him at a tie for 5th place with "JD" (Banshees Scream). Slave to the Grave remains firm in 1st place with 23 points, but still with Football Fan a hair behind with 22. For the complete scoreboard, picks, and news information, visit the WDP Headquarters here.

Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, 88, brings the ninth hit for the Weatherman90 Death Pool, a.k.a. the WDP. Windsor "the Troll" and the genius team of Magere Hein and Notapotato under the pseudonym "Nice Tits" both score 6 points. This is the first hit of the year for the duo of "Nice Tits", and the second hit for Windsor the Troll, bringing his total to 13, and putting him at a tie for 5th place with "JD" (Banshees Scream). Slave to the Grave remains firm in 1st place with 23 points, but still with Football Fan a hair behind with 22. For the complete scoreboard, picks, and news information, visit the WDP Headquarters here.

"Nice Tits" said the unfussy gaylord to the fatboy. God I'm drunk.....

Guest Nico

You suspect incorrectly then

By the way, who (or what) are palangis?

It's a term used to describe people of European descent in Tonga

I suspect that it's a racist way of describing white people (nothing to do with Europe) so the explanation "It's a term used to describe people of European descent in Tonga" sounds a bit dodgy to me and a smoke screen.

I suppose I could do a check on the Net but I'll be buggered if I'll do that. Oops, back to that again.

Well Banshees, I knew he was going to die this year way back in December...

Besides, a couple of pages back, don't you claim that the King will survive to make it to the 2007 list?

Also, a further while back I thought Banshees said there was "No evidence" that he was even ill?

Ah yes...

From my understanding, Taufa'ahau Tupou IV is well. I don't think he will pass this year, but on the verge of 90 anything is possible. Windsor you are selfish, F**k you. He will be on Deathlist 2007.

Star Crossed you really enjoy breaking the barrier to everything, I find it very humerous. First of all, I always imagine a meter, or let's say a street light. There is a green light indicating that one's health is ok. Then there is a light that is yellow indicating that one's health is so - so. Then there is the red light. The red light indicates severe sickness, near death. I understand Taufa'ahau Tupou IV is very old being born in 1918 and is fairly overweight. But still, nothing fatal. Right above my post it was stated that his spokesman denied that his death was right next door. I don't think he will die anytime soon. Of course I'm all for The King of Tonga's presence on the 2007 Deathlist. I would brand him as the 'Yellow Light'

When I said he was doing well, I meant it in the extreme of "Well as in not dieing' - You may say or cry out loud watever you want but I doubt he is in dieing health.

and...

Nothing has been misunderstood untill you show me the evidence of him being unwell

I think there's plenty of evidence now. :)GUILTY, m'lud! Guilty of what, though and who is guilty in the first place, i don't know...

I can only say this:

And here it be,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5333318.stm

Those BBC minions fear me so they do. :)

Guest you don't need to noe

WELL YEA I HEARD THE KING OF TONGA DIED AND YEA THATS REALLY SAD.. OH AND WE SHOULD RESPECT THE ROYAL FAMILY..AND NOT WRITING STUPID STUFF LIKE THAT FAT BUGGER... YEA WELL I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING TO THAT PERSON WHO WROTE IT...NAMU TA'E! YEA THATS RIGHT..AND IF YOU DON'T NOE WHAT THATS MEANS THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE MAKING FUN... OKAII??? PALANGI'S THESE DAYS!!!HAHAHA

WELL YEA I HEARD THE KING OF TONGA DIED AND YEA THATS REALLY SAD.. OH AND WE SHOULD RESPECT THE ROYAL FAMILY..AND NOT WRITING STUPID STUFF LIKE THAT FAT BUGGER... YEA WELL I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING TO THAT PERSON WHO WROTE IT...NAMU TA'E! YEA THATS RIGHT..AND IF YOU DON'T NOE WHAT THATS MEANS THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE MAKING FUN... OKAII??? PALANGI'S THESE DAYS!!!HAHAHA

I believe "namu ta'e" translates as "you are a mosquito" or "you are a bloodsucker", but I stand to be corrected on that.

I believe "namu ta'e" translates as "you are a mosquito" or "you are a bloodsucker", but I stand to be corrected on that.

DeavonDeathTrip, don't waste your time. This ranter is like six years old.

At last someone on your intellectual level Banshees. :)

At last someone on your intellectual level Banshees.

'And he shakes his head to the mindless stupidity Tempus Fugit performs' :)

I especially like the way he spells know as noe. :)

Guest Tevita

I especially like the way he spells know as noe. :)

Well as you may have heard, the king has passed away, God bless him, and just so you know namu ta'e means you smell like "$HIT", the translations can be mis understood, namu means insect but can also mean smell.

God Bless the king and may he rest in peace....

Guest Guest

Congrtatulations all.

We've got this thread upto the 4th Google result for 'King of Tonga'. And those nice chaps at Google summarize the link with:

King of Tonga[/b[] This fat old bugger was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner. Any thoughts?

Which at least explains why we are getting Tongan visitors. Quite why they need to express their grief in much the same way as our Scouse friends did on the departure of Emlyn Hughes I don;t quite know.

Makes them feel better I guess.

Guest Helena
King of Tonga

This fat old bugger was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

He's actually popped his clogs today, don't ya know......

King of Tonga

This fat old bugger was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

It hasn't escaped our attention. I have a nagging suspicion this message will escape yours.

regards,

Hein

King of Tonga

Any thoughts?

He actually died yesterday, Sept 10th. Didn't ya know?

The post that you singled out to quote was dated January 2005. Perhaps you should have read some more of this thread.

Guest Bruce Hopkins

I met king Tupou IV in 1976. He invited me to spend a weekend with him and his entourage on his vacation island (two different times). His 2nd son, Prince 'Alai Vahamama'u, and I did a demonstration SCUBA dive for him. He was a gracious and generous host and had a great sense of humor. My photo of him is on the page:

http://www.internet-grocer.net/potty.htm

During a private dinner with His Majesty on the island, I asked him if he'd read The Mouse That Roared (he hadn't) and suggested that he declare war on the US to enrich Tonga. He roared with laughter....

I'm saddened.

Bruce Hopkins

What did I tell ya?

This death is attracting polite drive-by posts. I think, in his own understated way, Mr Hopkins is trying to get us on appreciating a nice man and off gloating over the death of a fat celeb.

What did I tell ya?

This death is attracting polite drive-by posts. I think, in his own understated way, Mr Hopkins is trying to get us on appreciating a nice man and off gloating over the death of a fat celeb.

No. Mr. Hopkins (no relation to the esteemed Witchfinder, I'm sure) is cunningly trying to get us to buy toilet deodorant from Wal Mart. A pathetic scheme doomed to failure from the outset.

It is 5 years to the day since I was last in one of those dens of slavery. Now they are pulling out of Germany having failed to get the better of the labour laws here. And good riddance to the buggers.

Shame about old T4 though, the majestic and benevolent old bugger.

I, too, am saddened by T4's demise, despite the fact that he was my joker in the annual death pool competition I have with a friend. I may be in need of help, but I have actually become interested in the intrigues surrounding Tongan politics and culture. I will also miss the strange ranters from the Friendly Isles and their incomprehensible caps-locked abuse. May I suggest that for this reason alone, we immediately begin a thread on Crown prince Tupouto'a. Perhaps Josco can think of a suitable byline.

If a man can be summed up in a single quotation, let me offer this from the Daily Telegraph obituary

"My doctor's put me on a diet," the King said in 1999. "I'm only allowed to eat three yams a day. But a yam can be 6ft long."

You can see him smiling as he said it.

RIP, you fat old bugger.