Josco

The Kings Of Tonga

If anyone in here of SOUTH PACIFIC blood were to do or say what you all were saying if your King or Queen were in the same situation, wouldn't you be PISSED, ANGRY and ready to DEFEND?

Even I wouldn't defend the monarch against insults from this bunch when she dies.

It would be a pointless exercise not unlike expecting former coal miners to give Mrs T a dignified send off.

If anyone in here of SOUTH PACIFIC blood were to do or say what you all were saying if your King or Queen were in the same situation, wouldn't you be PISSED, ANGRY and ready to DEFEND?

Even I wouldn't defend the monarch against insults from this bunch when she dies.

It would be a pointless exercise not unlike expecting former coal miners to give Mrs T a dignified send off.

'This bunch'?

A typical bloody Windsor- distancing themselves above the peasant rabble. :(

I do like your former coal miners and Mrs T analogy though.

I'm a subject of a queen and I couldn't care less if someone says something nasty about that old bag, now or after her inevitable death. I'd probably agree.

regards,

Hein

Sorry, don't have one.

Sorry, don't have one.

Indeed, the last head of an American Royal Family was blown open in 1963. :(

Why wait until the greedy, worthless, miserable, cruel and ignorant parasite snuffs it?

Sorry, don't have one.

Indeed, the last head of an American Royal Family was blown open in 1963. :(

In the wonderful city of Dallas, home of CarolAnn, no less.

Why wait until the greedy, worthless, miserable, cruel and ignorant parasite snuffs it?

It won't be worth the hassle of murder. Patience will earn you joy once her death arrives. Then everyone can celebrate.

Indeed, why wait. She will be none the wiser.

She is far too busy living a lavish lifestyle at the expense of the good old tax payer.

Guest Guest

YOU ALL NEED SOME HELP!!!

YOU ALL NEED SOME HELP!!!

With getting out of bed in the morning?

Remembering which letters in a written statement need a capitalisation?

His funeral has taken place today. I bet there was plenty of food at the wake.

It says his coffin was "carried by 1000 men". Bloody hell, I hadn't realised just how fat he was.

Guest am
King of Tonga

This fat old bugger was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

josco, you really is the "goner" here, if this your contribution to life you need to take a dose of your pills because piece of gabbage like you need to demolish....you're polluting this life so you need to sweep off the street to make way for decend people like "King Tupou the iv" where the hell you're from????? somalia???? sound like your are starving!!!!!!!!!

King of Tonga

This fat old bugger was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

josco, you really is the "goner" here, if this your contribution to life you need to take a dose of your pills because piece of gabbage like you need to demolish....you're polluting this life so you need to sweep off the street to make way for decend people like "King Tupou the iv" where the hell you're from????? somalia???? sound like your are starving!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that reply was quite worth waiting a year and a half for, as beautifully put as it was. Why does everyone get so upset about referring to a fat person as 'fat'?

Perhaps if the King had stuck to eating his gabbage there's be none of this controversy about his once-comfortable figure.

Guest Illegal Alien

Hello Everybody,

I cannot believe how ignorant people are in respect of the late King of Tonga. I had the opportunity to work in Tonga and I met the King while I was there. The lifestyle and culture in Tonga is far superior to the backward UK where all you live for is to pay taxes to Mr Bliar and gay boy Browny...hahaha, work your balls off and live in a matchbox and the government tells you that you never had it so good...hehehehee

Given the choice, I would opt for the Tongan lifestyle anyday.

Despite what other people say, the King ruled Tonga in a way such that nobody was homeless, nobody was starving and generally everybody was happy, eventhough most of them had very little in the way of material goods. Ask yourself, does this look like the work of a leader to be ridiculed or could a few lessons in the backward UK be learned from that remote island nation.

If all you can do is poke fun at the kings weight, then you are a pretty sad excuse for a human being!

I suggest next time you have the urge to blurt out more verbal crap you do a little research on the crap you're blurting about.

When is it going to be Mr Bliars time to die? That would be a good service to the world. Send him to an NHS hospital so he can get MRSA...hehehehe couldn't happen to a nicer bloke....hahaha

Regards

Illegal Alien :banghead:

Given the choice, I would opt for the Tongan lifestyle anyday.

Despite what other people say, the King ruled Tonga in a way such that nobody was homeless, nobody was starving and generally everybody was happy,

What about the folk driving into the gates of the King's palace and setting cars on fire.

They can't have been that happy.

What about the huge demonstations against the lack of democracy in Tonga? Those people were not happy.

An interesting article about the madness of the new king of Tonga.

Good article, DDT - especially the description of King George Tupou V as: "Balding, stooped and walking with the aid of a stick, he looks old. People who see him close up say he does not look well, and point to his younger brother who died early from a heart condition."

And, judging by his reported idiosyncracies, it will be how George fares in inspiring the same unthinking devotion as his father.

Guest Guest
What about the folk driving into the gates of the King's palace and setting cars on fire.

They can't have been that happy.

What about the huge demonstations against the lack of democracy in Tonga? Those people were not happy.

Hello Windsor,

Don't make the mistake of getting all washed up in the over dramatised media reporting. If you have ever been to Tonga you'll realise that it feels more free than most western countries (including the UK).

Of course people get a little excited from time to time, but 99.9% of the time the country is very calm and pleasant.

It would not be a good idea to implement western standards of democracy on Tonga overnight, it will destroy the country. If democracy is the thing most the UK apparently so good, than we better off without it. In Tonga the government might do very little for you but on the other hand it takes very little from you compare to the UK where it takes a lot from you and gives you only scraps back. Ask yourself which is the better system?

The new King will start to modernise the country, there is no need to rush it. The last thing we need is every country in the world taxing the balls of you!

Regards

Illegal Alien :banghead:

So the Tongan people are fine and cheery at living in absolute poverty while the monarchy and law makers enjoy living in the riches that they have taken from the sweat of the workforce.

(Please note, this does not apply to fully functioning constitutional monarchies in fairly well developed countries)

These ranters give me a dilemma, I kind of envy their carefree ways but I'm wishing death on their leaders so we can score points, and enjoy their thoughtful banter as a pleasant change from the narrow minded vitriol of those dull enough to think Peter, Paul and Mary great artists.

Guest Guest

Hi Windsor,

How are you defining poverty?

If you have food and shelter and a friendly community around you, I don't call that living in poverty!! The cars and plasma TV etc, etc, etc are nice to have but not having them doesn't mean you live in poverty.

Are you Tongan Windsor?

Hi Windsor,

How are you defining poverty?

If you have food and shelter and a friendly community around you, I don't call that living in poverty!! The cars and plasma TV etc, etc, etc are nice to have but not having them doesn't mean you live in poverty.

Well said that Tongan Fellow!

Now go and tell it to those "exiled" Cubans living in Florida.

Of course people get a little excited from time to time, but 99.9% of the time the country is very calm and pleasant.

The same was true in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. From that it doesn't follow that either were nice places to live in if you were not a member of the ruling class.

It would not be a good idea to implement western standards of democracy on Tonga overnight, it will destroy the country. If democracy is the thing most the UK apparently so good, than we better off without it. In Tonga the government might do very little for you but on the other hand it takes very little from you compare to the UK where it takes a lot from you and gives you only scraps back. Ask yourself which is the better system?

That's a good question, which means: I don't have a simple answer at hand. As I see it: democracy is a nice idea which has never been implemented. None of us live in a democracy; the best some of us have is an approximation.

What we call democracies are states in which individual political and personal freedom are respected and the rule of law is part of the political system. The way in which the people are represented in government can range from quite a bit to none at all. To find examples I leave as an excercise for the reader.

The new King will start to modernise the country, there is no need to rush it. The last thing we need is every country in the world taxing the balls of you!

As I see it, there's nothing wrong with taxation as such. When we accept that governments ought to exist (which I doubt[1]) we must accept that the government need funds to do their job. Taxation is pretty much the only way to get those funds. The political questions are: what are we willing to pay in taxation, who gets to pay what and what good do the government do with all that money?

[1] I appreciate that there are some tasks that need to be done, but which noone can do individually. My favourite example is the building and maintenance of dikes and other structures to keep my country from flooding. Without government and taxation such structures would not exist and neither would I.

regards,

Hein