Josco

The Kings Of Tonga

Guest Guest
By the way, who (or what) are palangis?

It's a term used to describe people of European descent in Tonga

I suspect that it's a racist way of describing white people (nothing to do with Europe) so the explanation "It's a term used to describe people of European descent in Tonga" sounds a bit dodgy to me and a smoke screen.

How is that explanation dodgy? In every language, people use different words to describe people of different ethnicity and cultures and they are not all necessarily racist.

I would have to agree with you, in hawai'i we call the visitors kama'aina. I fully understand where you're coming from

Guest Guest
King of Tonga

This fat old bugger was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

I knew him personally...he was a wonderful man, loved his people, spoke 14 languages fluently, had a fabulous sense of humour, and taught me how to play the balalaika. He had the most heartful laugh I have ever known and will remember for the rest of my life.

If you aren't familiar with the Tongan culture, don't dog it. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's wrong. Expose yourself to what is outside the Western box.

'Palangi' is not a derogitory name. I'm a "havakasi"...half white, half Tongan and so proud to be such. I say this with love and admiration to all who read this in hopes that you will expand your thoughts through education...which is something His Majesty held dear to his heart for all the people.

Guest Islander

How dare you all insult my former king, when none of you even knew him. Yes, he was enormously overweight and did look a little ridiculous -- but so what? Wouldn't your beloved Tony Blair get fat if he ate as many yams? Indeed, I hope that Blair (and his awful successor, Brown) both eat so many yams that they balloon to twice the size of my beloved king.

The problem with all of you is that you fail to understand our culture, so how dare you be critical. No, we don't watch television. No, we don't have fancy PlayStations and the like. And yes, our personal hygiene can sometimes leave a little to be desired. But we're happy with our lot, and if our monarch chooses to cream off a certain amount of what should belong to us... well, that's just his right. We love him unconditionally.

I hope you all burn in hell, you m*****f*****s! We're happy, so f*** off. Nothing riles us -- ever -- so just go f*** yourselves you worthless, c***ing a***wipes.

Regards,

Islander

How dare you all insult my former king, when none of you even knew him. Yes, he was enormously overweight and did look a little ridiculous -- but so what? Wouldn't your beloved Tony Blair get fat if he ate as many yams? Indeed, I hope that Blair (and his awful successor, Brown) both eat so many yams that they balloon to twice the size of my beloved king.

The problem with all of you is that you fail to understand our culture, so how dare you be critical. No, we don't watch television. No, we don't have fancy PlayStations and the like. And yes, our personal hygiene can sometimes leave a little to be desired. But we're happy with our lot, and if our monarch chooses to cream off a certain amount of what should belong to us... well, that's just his right. We love him unconditionally.

I hope you all burn in hell, you m*****f*****s! We're happy, so f*** off. Nothing riles us -- ever -- so just go f*** yourselves you worthless, c***ing a***wipes.

Regards,

Islander

Hi A, lets see how you fare according to the RFC 616 award <_<

1. [0] The post states that the members of DeathList.net are sick.
  2. [0] The post states that a relative or friend of the writer died recently.
  3. [0] The post states that a living relative or friend of the writer suffers from cancer or some other terminal disease.
  4. [1] If the post is written in a topic about a person, living or dead, the post states or infers that the subject is above criticism.
  5. [0] The post states or infers that the poster is morally or intellectually superior to the members of DeathList.net.
  6. [1] The post contains one or more obscenities.
  7. [0] The post states or infers a wish of a painful or imminent death on the members of DeathList.net.
  8. [1] The post states or infers a wish that the members of DeathList.net to go to hell.
  9. [0] The post contains five or more misspelt words. Obvious typos do not count as spelling mistakes, nor do accepted spelling variants.
  10. [0] The post contains two or more grammatical errors.
  11. [0] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "there / their / they're / there're".
  12. [0] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "your/ you're".
  13. [0] The post contains one or more instances of "alot" instead of "a lot".
  14. [0] The post contains one or more instances of the pronoun "I" in lower case.
  15. [0] The post contains five or more instances of bad interpunction and capitalisation.
  16. [0] The post contains three or more instances of a multisyllabic word written in ALL CAPS.
  17. [0] The post is written in one case only (lower case or capital).
  18. [0] The post contains one or more instances of consecutive question marks (??) or exclamation marks (!!).
  19. [0] The post contains l33t5PE@K or AOLese.
  20. [0] The post speaks about the poster in the third person
  21. [0] The post contains one or more direct contradictions.
  22. [1] The post contains one or more statements that are widely agreed on to be false.
  23. [0] The post tries to rebut a statement that was not made in a previous post in the topic.
  24. [0] The post contains one or more email addresses.
  25. [0] The post contains one or more threats of physical violence. Warnings are considered threats.

The DLRI of this post is (4/25)*100 = 16. Must try harder.

Otherwise: interesting rant. :P

regards,

Hein

I think this may well be my favourite thing this week.

Wouldn't your beloved Tony Blair get fat if he ate as many yams? Indeed, I hope that Blair (and his awful successor, Brown) both eat so many yams that they balloon to twice the size of my beloved king.

Regards,

Islander

Tynnie my old friend, is that you?

Regards,

Islander

I would put money on this post not being written by a Tongan.

Yes, he was enormously overweight and did look a little ridiculous -- but so what?

More or less agrees with the much maligned "Fat old bugger' of Josco's first post.

Indeed, I hope that Blair (and his awful successor, Brown) both eat so many yams that they balloon to twice the size of my beloved king.

Again, implicitly agrees with Josco.

And yes, our personal hygiene can sometimes leave a little to be desired.

Now you're just taking the piss. What manner of ranter not only gives us more ammunition but the whole F*****g gun as well?

But we're happy with our lot, and if our monarch chooses to cream off a certain amount of what should belong to us... well, that's just his right.

Who would defend someone accused of thieving by saying they're thieving?

I don't buy it for a second. No sir I don't.

I don't buy it for a second. No sir I don't.

Nor do I.

And I should know, being an authority on such matters.

I would put money on this post not being written by a Tongan.

Sorry, I think I had a bit of a turn yesterday afternoon.

Must have been that yam salad I had for lunch :)

Guest bill
King of Tonga

This old king was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

BITCH DONT TALK ABOUT THE TONGAN KING LIKE THAT FOR I COME OVER THEIR AND KICK YOUR ASS.

King of Tonga

This old king was born in 1918. At 87 therefore, and considerably over weight, must soon be a goner.

Any thoughts?

BITCH DONT TALK ABOUT THE TONGAN KING LIKE THAT FOR I COME OVER THEIR AND KICK YOUR ASS.

Then Sir/Madam, I shall most definitely report you to the RSPCA.

King of Tonga

Any thoughts?

Well technically he's not the Tongan king because the old c***'s dead. But I'll respect your wishes.

Strange humor. But just not strange enough. I smiled, but I didn't laugh. It would have been pretty funny if Tony Blair tried to eat a waitress for dinner. In the restraunt. After he took a bite out of the table.

I think this may well be my favourite thing this week.

King of Tonga

Any thoughts?

Well technically he's not the Tongan king because the old c***'s dead. But I'll respect your wishes.

:angry::D:D

I don't wish to appear like a sycophantic post whore or nowt, but man, The Pooka?

He be on fire tonight, man!

Guest Guest

King of Tonga

Any thoughts?

:angry::D:D

I don't wish to appear like a sycophantic post whore or nowt, but man, The Pooka?

He be on fire tonight, man!

Hello everyone! This is my first time on this website and I've found if very hilarious! To the Tongans who are getting offended over the many negative posts, get over it! I myself am of Tongan and British descent and I feel people are always going to have something negative to say about someone or something, right? It's just an OPINION....let people talk and express their feelings. In the end, who does all this negativity make look bad? Much 'Ofas (love) everyone reading this!!!!

Hello everyone! This is my first time on this website and I've found if very hilarious! To the Tongans who are getting offended over the many negative posts, get over it! I myself am of Tongan and British descent and I feel people are always going to have something negative to say about someone or something, right? It's just an OPINION....let people talk and express their feelings. In the end, who does all this negativity make look bad? Much 'Ofas (love) everyone reading this!!!!

.... and 'ofas' to you too my lad....... in a restrained English kind of way.

Guest Dr. Tevita T
There is a very strong rumor sweeping the capital city that the King of Tonga has passed away. This has come via e-mail from a foreign worker there.

This is TRUE, and Rest in Peace Uncle and our good King, As most of you may know, The King of Tonga has passesd away. God Bless him and our familiy may he rest in peace, now let us find something else to bitch about so that he can rest....

The Revolution has started.

Looks like it's a bloody revolution, too.

Firefighters have found at least six charred bodies in the rubble after a pro-democracy riot laid waste to much of Tonga's central business district.

I wonder if they had a Woolworths in Nuku'alofa? The thought of all that Pick 'n' Mix going up in smoke made Mrs SC weep with dismay.

I wonder if they had a Woolworths in Nuku'alofa? The thought of all that Pick 'n' Mix going up in smoke made Mrs SC weep with dismay.

0387-0606-1602-4951_SM.jpg

Looks like you are in the clear Josco: Link.

I see Junior is facing a delay in getting his mitts on the crown. Apparently widespread arson and rampant looting has pushed the Coronation off until at least the far future......

this is from ABC News

,Last Update: Tuesday, December 26, 2006. 12:34pm (AEDT)

Turmoil delays coronation of Tonga's new monarch

The continuing turmoil in Tonga, the Pacific's last Kingdom, will delay the coronation of the new monarch until at least 2008.

George Tupou V was proclaimed King in September following the death of his 88 year-old father Taufa'ahau Tupou IV.

His coronation was scheduled for August next year; but the Prime Minister's office in Nuku'alofa says this has now been postponed for 12 months to allow the Tongan cabinet to focus entirely on the reconstruction work in the capital.

Pro-democracy riots last month destroyed large parts of central Nuku'alofa and left seven people dead.

More than 800 have been charged with arson, theft and other crimes.

The Coronation of King Siaosi Tupou V is due to take place on 1st August.

The Last King of Tonga?

The King used to have a playboy image but he hardly looks like one now. When his taxi drew up last week outside his second residence, he climbed out with difficulty. He suffers from gout and "just about every other disease under the sun", says a friend

Former Tongan prime minister Baron Vaea has died at 88. This is a long thread - is it worth reading, old timers?

Edit: I did read it. It's a shame that Josco's original 'fat old bugger', which almost led to a diplomatic incident, has been amended.