Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool V

The Brits section is a bit of a mare. It's an incredible smaller category than I'd assumed. More chance of the entire Punt Pool dying over night than most of them. It's basically pick 5 people and eventually one might die. Even folk who seem like decent punts (like half of the Happy Mondays) never actually won any. 

• Like 2

On 26/11/2022 at 00:23, arghton said:

Time 100 will be definitely the easiest category for me. Lots of potential picks (but I expect a certain few names to be on most teams...) The other categories, going to have to do a bit of research. Coronation Street, probably going to put a bit of research into finding who there is but I expect there's a lot of different possibilities in that one. Same for the oscars. For the Formula and Brit Awards category, no idea who I'm supposed to pick at all yet, but I guess I'll have to do a bit of research later

I've managed to find my Time 100, Coronation Street and Oscar picks. One or two exceptions all the ones I've found, chosen are boring predictables discussed in loads of places. (Unlike the last time when I had Carel Struycken and a ton of healthy 60-somethings on my team)

With the Brit Award I am not exactly sure who I can pick and who I can't, but I've managed to find 3 possibly acceptable picks. Don't have an idea about the Formula picks yet , but there's still a month

• Like 1

The Classical/Crossover Brits didn't happen and weren't separated until 2000, so anyone before that should count, but awaiting a ruling from @Bibliogryphon.

16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The Classical/Crossover Brits didn't happen and weren't separated until 2000, so anyone before that should count, but awaiting a ruling from @Bibliogryphon.

Yes the best Classical recording was awarded at the main ceremony so will count for this game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Yes the best Classical recording was awarded at the main ceremony so will count for this game

But only up til 1999 I think, then wasn't part of the main Brits.

Oh @RoverAndOut, what a can of worms...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Didn't mean to make it so narrow. Happy to extend to nominations on Brits if that's preferable and Biblio is willing. Realise this may be an issue with those who've already submitted however.

I cannot comment, as I have yet to actually do any research into potential picks...

31 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Didn't mean to make it so narrow. Happy to extend to nominations on Brits if that's preferable and Biblio is willing. Realise this may be an issue with those who've already submitted however.

I cannot comment, as I have yet to actually do any research into potential picks...

I think we leave it as is. The first game had the US politicians which was quite narrow. There are some bands with quite a few members

14 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think we leave it as is. The first game had the US politicians which was quite narrow. There are some bands with quite a few members

Yes, I've accumulated quite a long list even before expanding it to band members. 

The Cabinet Ministers category was quite limited too.  Think I was the only person to pick a winner there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Toast said:

Yes, I've accumulated quite a long list even before expanding it to band members. 

The Cabinet Ministers category was quite limited too.  Think I was the only person to pick a winner there.

Ah alright, Toast, but it didn't help you win now, did it? ;):lol:

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ah alright, Toast, but it didn't help you win now, did it? ;):lol:

sticking-tongue-out.gif

• Haha 3

There are now 9 entries in

Five have been fully verified

One name is on all five verified lists

• Like 2

Can you clarify which Classical categories are allowed, please, as I'm a bit confused.

19 minutes ago, Toast said:

Can you clarify which Classical categories are allowed, please, as I'm a bit confused.

You can have a classical artist if they were nominated for a Brit award before 1993 (as this would have been awarded at the main ceremony) after this date there were separate awards

• Thanks 2

I have fully verified the nine entries I have received so far

I am going to be largely out of action between Christmas and New Year so get those entries in as quick as possible

Also if you could let me know if you intend to submit a team it might be helpful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have fully verified the nine entries I have received so far

I am going to be largely out of action between Christmas and New Year so get those entries in as quick as possible

Also if you could let me know if you intend to submit a team it might be helpful.

I intend submitting a team. Just busy atm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, time said:

I intend submitting a team. Just busy atm.

Same.

• Thanks 1

In SHDB IV there were 23 entries which meant that if every player has picked a unique in each category there should have been 115 separated picks

What we ended up with was

Star Trek - 60

Baseball - 53

Pulitzers - 57

Olympians - 70

Cabinet - 41

So far with 10 entries validated the biggest number of picks is 36 and the lowest is 27 but the further we go the more duplicate picks we get

I will be entering a team but won't have time to sort it until after Christmas I'm afraid. Sorry.

• Thanks 1

I picked the categories and, with 17 days of December left, I have not even started doing any research. But I will be entering a team to try and get the hat trick. And I'll try to make it as code compliant and uncontroversial as possible since it will probably be a last minute entry! Glad to see a decent number entering, hope the categories haven't put anybody off, just awkward the game finished at the busiest time of the deadpooling year!

• Haha 1

I will be submitting a team. Excited to join my first Scavenger Hunt!

Not familiar with the categories so it's slow going, will be relatively soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll be trying to send a team. Not sure I can get it done before Christmas though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I'm working on it, but I do need a bit more time.

Too many pools with the same starting date.

Thanks for hosting and running this interesting competition, @Bibliogryphon.

Good luck to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't mean to put any pressure on but there may be a delay in the New Year in getting the teams up whilst I verify them

All teams submitted by the deadline will get to play the game

It normally takes about 18 months or so anyway so a little bit of delay at the beginning shouldn't be too much of a problem

• Like 4
  • Haha 1