Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool V

Eleven entries are now in and are all verified.

From tomorrow I will be largely away from my spreadsheets and notes so verification might have to wait until I get back but the game will begin on Jan 1 and every player who DMs me a team before then will be included

• Like 5

Team submitted. 

Not the most user-friendly categories from my perspective but I think I've managed to find 25 valid names.

• Thanks 1

Team sent.

• Thanks 1

If Pope Benedict was on your main list or your only sub I will need a new sub from you. I will give you till Tuesday to submit these because that is when I aim to put the Masterlists up but the game will begin at Midnight

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If Pope Benedict was on your main list or your only sub I will need a new sub from you. I will give you till Tuesday to submit these because that is when I aim to put the Masterlists up but the game will begin at Midnight

Won't we only need another sub if one of the others in the same category dies before the game begins?

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

Won't we only need another sub if one of the others in the same category dies before the game begins?

I think the subs are mainly for if there's a dispute in the first month of the game during which challenges are allowed (so someone didn't win a competitive Brit, or was surprisingly overlooked by the Academy for an Oscar nomination), although I'm sure Biblio will correct if I'm mistaken.

I'm hoping we should be safe until midnight now after Pope Benny's demise, although I'm fuming I've lost my guaranteed hit in the Time 100 category, which I had less chance to research than the others. :rant:

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm sure everyone must have had Benny.

This is rather annoying - I've lost two names from my Time 100 category (Pope Benny and Barbara Walters) so although my sub comes in for one of them, I need to find another name.

Unfortunately the way I worked it was to get a long masterlist and then delete them until I was down to six. And I can't remember who else I had on the masterlist, which I didn't save.

Bugger.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Not me.

Felt he was too obvious a pick, and I did submit really early.

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not me.

Felt he was too obvious a pick, and I did submit really early.

I fell upon the "obvious" picks with gratitide, as there were precious few of them.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

I thought he was Crossroads, not Corrie. 

I tend to shy away from the obvious picks (which is no doubt why I never win anything) but I expect there will be a handful of names from Corrie which will feature pretty heavily, onr of which even I picked!

33 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

This is rather annoying - I've lost two names from my Time 100 category (Pope Benny and Barbara Walters) so although my sub comes in for one of them, I need to find another name.

Unfortunately the way I worked it was to get a long masterlist and then delete them until I was down to six. And I can't remember who else I had on the masterlist, which I didn't save.

Bugger.

That's bad luck. I didn't come across Barbara Walters having won in the limited research I did, so quite glad she's fallen before the starting gun. :lol:

Always save your longlists! Just in case... ;)

• Like 1

I'll be submitting a new person for times 100 in next 48 hours. I just need to do some research.

I'm doing a very rushed entry here, will be massively uncompetitive, but one thing 10 minutes of research has revealed: goddamn the Time 100 is just a banal clickbait shitshow. I get that you have to include celebrities for "buzz" but I'm pretty sure at no point has Blake Lively ever been one of the 100 most important people in her own house, let alone the world.

The bylines from when they started letting other "celebs" write them are pretty funny though. "Elizabeth Holmes by Henry Kissinger" was my favourite, although "Literally Every Single Basic-Ass Landfill Romcom Actress by Mindy Kaling" cropped up a few times.

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

That's bad luck. I didn't come across Barbara Walters having won in the limited research I did, so quite glad she's fallen before the starting gun. :lol:

Always save your longlists! Just in case... ;)

Thanks for the tip. 2 days ago would have been a great time for it :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

No you need to start the game with a sub in each category incase any of the more obscure picks turnout to be dead before the game began. Happened twice last game

• Like 2

Entries are now closed and game is on.

Masterlist expected Tuesday. I will contact any players who I have any issues during verification. 

Glad this is a one off starting at New Year

• Like 2

On 01/01/2023 at 06:00, Bibliogryphon said:

Glad this is a one off starting at New Year

At least, you hope it is! It's all John Aniston's fault. :lol:

Thanks for running it again Biblio.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

At least, you hope it is! It's all John Aniston's fault. :lol:

Thanks for running it again Biblio.

I only have myself to blame. I could have made the deadline Christmas  or the middle of January 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I only have myself to blame. I could have made the deadline Christmas  or the middle of January 

I do recall asking you when we were first discussing options whether you wanted to delay the start date as it was the busiest time of the deadpooling year, but you were very gung ho about a January start date, IIRC... :lol:

• Facepalm 1

There is a scoreboard up on the first page.

I have counted 27 teams who got their entries in before the deadline which is four more than entered last time so thank you to all returnees and welcome to all the new players

@GuyFromFuture seems to have gone back there and the other three I can see who entered last time are @chilean way, @theoldlady and @YorkshireBanker

Please check the list and if you have sent me a team before the deadline and not included it please let me know

Just sorting out the subs for Pope Benedict and I will begin to compile the teams

• Like 4

Just for transparency my new sub to replace Vladimir Putin who stepped into my main team in place of Pope Benedict is Arundhati Roy

• Like 2

Can I just add my thanks to all those who have chosen to give my categories a go this time around in this fantastic little game Biblio devised. Hopefully it lasts a bit longer than the last time I picked, when it was done in 7 months! :lol: But it will have to go some to match the drama of Round 4.

I've had a bit of time tonight to look back at past games and will post an update on how people have done over the past 6 months or so in terms of completing. Looking forward to exploring the routes people have taken in this round too!

• Like 5