Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool V

I'm going to get 4 F1 drivers and be screwed by Schumacher. I can see it coming. :facepalm:

There's going to be others in the same boat though I imagine. Every hit in other categories could be crucial. Shaping up nicely again!

• Like 2

Two names that are being discussed today Julie Goodyear and Pope Francis would both be hits in this game

• Like 1

Glenda Jackson is a unique hit in the Oscar Winners category for @Famous6Eva who gets their first hit but as it is a unique joins @Thatcher &  @DeathByArsenic in the one unique club

• Like 2

On 25/11/2022 at 13:36, Bibliogryphon said:

13.   Frederic Forrest                             yw, cc, ms, gr

Four players score a hit in the Oscars category with Frederic Forrest

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Four players score a hit in the Oscars category with Frederic Forrest

Doesn't change the game dynamics much but @gcreptile takes the lead in terms of total hits with five hits overall (but only across two categories)

On 25/11/2022 at 13:35, Bibliogryphon said:

30.   Sinead O’Connor                           lf, bp

@ladyfiona gets a second hit in a second category and @BuffaloPhil gets a third hit in a third category after quite a long gap with no hits

• Like 7

Weird saying this in a deadpool, but I wish it had been under different circumstances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Weird saying this in a deadpool, but I wish it had been under different circumstances.

This is a long game pool and it can often be worth throwing in some unexpected names

This falls very much into the category of shocked but not surprised

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Same. But she was never the most stable of characters. Definitely one that I'm sad about but not overly surprised.

• Like 1

So... 7 months into this round (which is doing a much better job of being a classic Scavenger Hunt slow burner than the deathfest of Round 3 I previously picked) and how many had money on Coronation Street being the only category without a hit? :blink:

This is like Cabinet Ministers in the last round all over again... :facepalm:

• Like 1

This is huge. Not only did I completely forget Doreen Mantle was my pick in 20/20+3 but my first thought in seeing news of her passing was the impact on this game

She is clearly the pick of the more determined player because she is at least a fourth hit for almost all her six pickers. She is also the first of the Coronation Street alumni to head to Weatherfield Cemetary.

Doreen Mantle                                               ms, ro, af, gr, to, sc

However the most important outcome is that we now have a player who is one hit away from victory @Spade_Cooley only needs a Brit winner to cross the line

Potential winning hits

1. Phil Collins

2. DJ Minutemix

3. Andy Taylor

4. Terry Williams

5. Bobby Z

Three of them are uniques picks so Spade does not face the prospect of having all their winning picks taken by someone else

Game (as they say) On!!

• Like 7

Most attention DJ Minutemix has had since he raped that 14-year-old.

You've got to say Andy Taylor is a handy pick to have in your pocket when you only need one for the win...

• Like 1

The Formula 1 category is proving to be the most lucrative so far in this game with three players now on three hits in that category following the passing of Basil van Rooyan

@Famous6Eva get their second hit overall and @Spade_Cooley who is the only player in a winning position at the moment gets a sixth hit

• Like 4

On 15/10/2023 at 03:21, CaptainChorizo said:

This is @Thatcher's third hit in a third category but more importantly it is their second unique so now a unique from any category will give Thatcher the game. There are no 10 possible out split evenly across the two players who are on the brink the other being @Spade_Cooley

1.     Phil Collins (sc)

2.     Ayatollah Khomenei (th)

3.     Sophia Loren (th)

4.     Shirley MacLaine (th)

5.     DJ Minutemix (sc)

6.     Kevin Rowland (th)

7.     Prunella Scales (th)

8.     Andy Taylor (sc)

9.     Terry Williams (sc)

10.  Bobby Z (sc)

There are definitely worse picks to have right now than Sophia Loren, would put Thatcher at 80/20 favourite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

There are definitely worse picks to have right now than Sophia Loren, would put Thatcher at 80/20 favourite.

Andy Taylor looked like a good pick when the game began. Now I think Phil Collins is Spade's best bet whereas four of Thatcher's a potentially circling the drain so I would agree with your assessment

2 hours ago, MariNisia said:

Burt Young is a second hit for @DeathByArsenic but also a second unique hit so despite only having two hits they have increased the out table from 10 to 25

1.     Marc Almond (da)

2.     Victoria Beckham (da)

3.     Melanie Chisholm (da)

4.     Phil Collins (sc)

5.     Brenda Fricker (da)

6.     Geri Halliwell (da)

7.     Michelle Heaton (da)

8.     Ayatollah Khomenei (th)

9.     Sally Kirkland (da)

10.  Sophia Loren (th)

11.  Shirley MacLaine (th)

12.  Jochen Mass (da)

13.  DJ Minutemix (sc)

14.  Micheal Moore (da)

15.  Kevin Rowland (th)

16.  Penny Ryder (da)

17.  Prunella Scales (th)

18.  Mahbouba Seraj (da)

19.  Vern Shuppen (da)

20.  Lula da Silva (da)

21.  David Sterne (da)

22.  Andy Taylor (sc)

23.  Kayne West (da)

24.  Terry Williams (sc)

25.  Bobby Z (sc)

Now some of  these are quite young and a few more are quite obscure but there are some that look realistic.

I will not be running the qualification period over Christmas  again so unless this ends very shortly Round VI will be in the new year. However we have had list longer than the categories for a finish without anyone getting hits so it could be ages

• Like 2

Ady Barkan is a hit for me in the Time category - I believe that is my fourth hit in four different categories, meaning I just need a Corrie actor (Thelma Barlow, Philip Lowrie, Anne Cunningham, Kenneth Farrington or William Russell) to win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1