Sign in to follow this  
Charles De Gaulle

Than Shwe

This thread is for the infamous Myanmar dictator who is either 90 or 88 depending on which source you trust. Given how infamous his rule was there's a good chance he could wind up on the deathlist once his health starts to fail. Also knowing how much information there tends to be about Asian leaders when their health begins to fail I think they'll be a long, public decline before he goes. Which will provide thus thread with many posts.

• Like 4

Than Shwe has been in declining health for more than a decade.

I thought this was a thread about when you move furniture around the room to capitalise on spiritual energy……

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

This thread is for the infamous Myanmar dictator who is either 90 or 88 depending on which source you trust. Given how infamous his rule was there's a good chance he could wind up on the deathlist once his health starts to fail. Also knowing how much information there tends to be about Asian leaders when their health begins to fail I think they'll be a long, public decline before he goes. Which will provide thus thread with many posts.

I assume his health has been failing fot a while now. He's a diabetic who's been rumored to suffer from intestinal cancer for decades , undergone treatment home and abroad and as far as I know has failed to make any appearances in years. Same for his wife, Kyaing Kyaing, who suffered a stroke and a fall in 2007 and was critically ill in 2008. 

This is not a country that gives frequent health updates about politicians, especially now.

• Like 1

Nonfamous

• Facepalm 2

Maybe there'll be a congratulation statement on February 2nd, then we'll finally know how old he is

• Like 1

Than Shwe's wife Kyaing Kyaing awarded some major award, also awarded to the wives of his successor Thein Sein and deputy Maung Aye as well as the current dictator's wife.

Apparently a sign that Than Shwe and Maung Aye still have some power over the current guy despite both of them having been in failing health for more than a decade. Than Shwe also made a rare public appearance around a week ago according to BBC Burmese

• Like 1

On 08/03/2023 at 23:39, arghton said:

Apparently a sign that Than Shwe and Maung Aye still have some power over the current guy despite both of them having been in failing health for more than a decade.

Chinese ambassador visited Than Shwe, his old deputy Maung Aye and former president Thein Sein a week or two ago. They definitely hold a lot of power behind the scenes. There's a new image of Shwe in the article, he doesn't look particularly ill or frail at the moment.

• Like 2

He's so despicable he will easily live to 100...

• Like 1