Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

I'm regretting having Pele on my list for 2023 obviously and have my fingers crossed for Benedict XVI !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 22/12/2022 at 03:15, YoungWillz said:

Ok chaps, the usual 3 teams have been sent, got the auto response from @Banana so hopefully all is good and nobody bloody well dies between now and the end of the year (as they often do when my teams are concerned - yes, I'm giving Betty White's grave a hard Paddington stare I borrowed from @msc)!!

No surprise that Pele was on my team.

Hopefully not too much work for @Banana in doing the subbing for all the teams that had him. Fortunately, Benedict was not even on my radar when I submitted my team. Two more sleeps and a long night on the 31st!!!

Theme Team GRIS GRIS is in.
I JUST noticed that one of my Made In Detroit entries Joe Schmidt was the wrong person all year lmao.  He is NOT the Irish rugby player ffs, he is the Detroit Lions NFL footballer.  I'll make note of it for 2023.  

SirC

All my teams are in.

I did forget to ask about the eligibility of a certain glio sufferer which I'm sure a lot of people will have if they're an accepted pick. Darn.

Good thing i decided to do it now when pele isn’t alive 

I can’t send a email to the email I’m required to send should I just dm someone instead?

23 minutes ago, Insane said:

I can’t send a email to the email I’m required to send should I just dm someone instead?

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

worked for me this lunchtime?

Perhaps you are trying to send to

the ddp2023 address which is not valid.

I've just submitted my teams - one main team and a couple of theme teams which should have a lot of unique picks. Hopefully my main team should have more hits than the meagre four of last time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Insane said:

Same problem for me but it worked when I clicked on the « DDP email adress » link on the main page of the site. The mail adress is automatically embedded in a new mail and it worked for me 

910015EE-5CE4-4221-B163-54C4D45486F4.jpeg

I just send my 3 teams : one main and 2 themed teams. This is my first try at this pool so I hope it works out well for me. My themed teams have a lot of unique picks. Maybe it’ll play in my advantage ? I hope I got the rules right. Let’s see. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2022 at 22:19, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I will defend my juicy unique picks until the end of time!!

Also many of my previous and current unique picks are not nobodies. 

Donald Wetzel a key architect of  ATM cash machines that have shaped the modern age? The original  warner of climate change James Lovelock? The semi iconic  author of the original cele  revenge  memoir Christina Crawford? Anyone who got decent billing in the golden age of Hollywood Vera Miles,  Jacqueline White- not nobodies.  Patrick Moberly, senior  British diplomat to Sputh Africa in a troubled era, Leonard Hayflick who made instructive studies on human biology,  Ed Fury one of the original bodybuilders who transitioned to eye candy in Hollywoods golden age, Tony Martin who sparked a huge debate in the UK about the right to defend yourself and your property, David Ogilvy former senior staff member to the Queen. Not nobodies in my opinion!

I think uniques enable people who are underappreciated but important people who showboat less than many famous people to gain recognition for example  .

Just my thoughts!!

and I will defend my unique picks until the end of Gooseberry Crumble!!

• Haha 2

Please can someone let us know how many entries had Pelé as a candidate?

Just submitted my 3 teams. I say this most years but bloody hell that was difficult to narrow down enough to get a team.

• Like 1

A lot of potential for 2023 based on my reasearch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Same problem for me but it worked when I clicked on the « DDP email adress » link on the main page of the site. The mail adress is automatically embedded in a new mail and it worked for me 

910015EE-5CE4-4221-B163-54C4D45486F4.jpeg

Alr thanks I got it

• Like 1

Just found out one of my picks, Sandra Weir, died off radar. Do I need to tell anyone via email to replace with Sub or will this automatically be actioned by the guys running this?

3 minutes ago, justonecornetto said:

Just found out one of my picks, Sandra Weir, died off radar. Do I need to tell anyone via email to replace with Sub or will this automatically be actioned by the guys running this?

The sub will be put in by default

• Like 1

A couple weeks ago I was actually not planning on submitting a main team, but I'm seeing a lotta, lotta potential picks so I'll be joining you guys again!

Ok so I just sent out an email to (all?) participants about the passing of Pele and what is to be done. If you did not get the email here it is:

Hello there,

With the premature passing of Pele there are some changes that are to be made to teams.

If you are one of the people who did not select Pele, this email does not concern you and you may disregard.

If you were one of the people who had selected Pele on your team, they have been/will be replaced with your next top sub.

If you were one of the people who selected Pele as your joker, here are your options. You have until the submission deadline (23:59 GMT on the 31st) to specify a replacement joker. Please mention your team name in the email. If no email is received, the next top pick on your team will be selected as your new joker, i.e. whichever name was under the joker selection when submitted. If you intend to make your replacement joker the next top pick as previously mentioned, there will be no need to send an email with your replacement.

Now, there is also the case with some other premature deaths with teams now having <20 selections. If you are one of these teams you will also have until the deadline to send in replacements. Again, please mention your team name in the email. If no email is received, you will be stuck with <20 selections for the year.

I hope this will help with clear things up on this issue as many teams are affected.

Good luck,
Banana
www.derbydeadpool.co.uk

Please do not respond to me in this thread with any of your intentions as I may not see them.

Thanks

• Like 2

Almost done... just have to decide whether it makes sense to use two 8-pointers who absolutely will die in 2023, but possibly won't obit, or to use a couple who are worth a bit more but who I don't trust to actually keel over.

Decisions decisions .

• Like 1

Ok, team "Going Underground" submitted for my 17th attempt at this ace game.  About 16 hours earlier than usual this year.

Now I sit and wait until around about this time tomorrow, when it becomes evidently clear I have yet again missed a Gary Burgess type open goal sitter.

Thanks in advance for all the effort I know goes into running this thing.

• Like 6

After way too much overthinking, maneuvering, shifting, googling, and re-googling my 2023 main team entry email has been sent.  Not sure if I'll be submitting a theme team this year as all I want to do now is sleep for the foreseeable future.  Also, I cannibalized the best name from one of the themes, I was thinking of using, to use on my main team.

On 29/12/2022 at 21:03, Exu said:

I'm regretting having Pele on my list for 2023 obviously and have my fingers crossed for Benedict XVI !!!

Bollocks! What a nightmare!