Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

7 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

When can I expect an email asking me to replace my Joker (Pope Benedict).

After the hosts have pulled out some hair , cried for half an hour and then had a stiff drink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Pan Breed is in for its 12th consecutive shot at the DDP. Only feels like yesterday I sent the 2012 team to TMIB and asked him if it had gone to the right email this time, then saw the joker die a week early on Christmas Day!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

When can I expect an email asking me to replace my Joker (Pope Benedict).

We sent something out.

If you haven't received THAT mail, please reply for yourself.

I think the quickest way would be just to give your team name, and the new joker (out of your already chosen picks)

Am I correct in thinking we don’t get a confirmation email when we submit our teams? Or have I messed up my submissions when I did last night.

21 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Am I correct in thinking we don’t get a confirmation email when we submit our teams? Or have I messed up my submissions when I did last night.

I didn't get one either.Just assume they are really busy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I received a confirmation email, but it did take a few days to come through.

I just woke up and I saw the news. My reaction: “You have got to be kidding”

• Like 4

The rules currently state that a team's JOKER will be the first name on your list.

This is simple and easy to understand (and if you cannot understand this then TOUGH!)

In order to cut down on potential future work why not make an addition to the rules, making no2 on the list a replacement joker?  This would negate the need to email anyone (unless of course someone picked Benedict and Barbara Walters in positions 1 and 2.)

Poor Banana!

I had Pele AND Benedict in my team. I can't imagine the headaches this is gonna give him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I didn't get one either.Just assume they are really busy.

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I received a confirmation email, but it did take a few days to come through.

I am presuming Commtech entered early before the auto response was set up.

Now it is set up you should get a reply (unless Banaba has knocked off but I entered yesterday and got the auto response.

if this was your second team entry this year then you wouldn’t receive.

Also check you sent to

ddp@derbydeadpool. co.uk

and not the ddp2023 address.

PS if your joker has died and you don’t want your second pick as a joker you should be proactively emailing Banana - it’s not the nanny state! He’s already wasted hours checking and correcting your spellings which everybody could easily do themselves for their 20 names.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

I am presuming Commtech entered early before the auto response was set up.

Now it is set up you should get a reply (unless Banaba has knocked off but I entered yesterday and got the auto response.

if this was your second team entry this year then you wouldn’t receive.

Also check you sent to

ddp@derbydeadpool. co.uk

and not the ddp2023 address.

I sent it last night and haven’t got one. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

try your junk?

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I have had an initial automated reply to my Apricot Crumble team that stated if I sent further teams in subsequent emails from the same email address those teams would not receive an automated acknowledgement but not to worry as the initial email meant the system was working  and they would be OK. 

In terms of official confirmation that my teams have been checked and accepted  I am assuming that will happen  and I will receive that in the next weekish?

30 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

try your junk?

No nothing there. 

24 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I have had an initial automated reply to my Apricot Crumble team that stated if I sent further teams in subsequent emails from the same email address those teams would not receive an automated acknowledgement but not to worry as the initial email meant the system was working  and they would be OK. 

In terms of official confirmation that my teams have been checked and accepted  I am assuming that will happen  and I will receive that in the next weekish?

No the intention is that’s your lot - banana is busy and the automated response saves him time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

No the intention is that’s your lot - banana is busy and the automated response saves him time.

Arr right OK thanks.  So I should  assume all my picks are fine unless I hear otherwise? Having said that  I don't really have any doubts they will be accepted  as I have never had a pick rejected yet and anything borderline in my mind I have already asked about. 

Total respect for the mammoth responsibility pool runners take on, especially at the DDP  and especially when a footballing legend,  A former Pope and legendary broadcaster all die in the last three days of the year!

My teams are in, so if someone else dies before the starting line I feel very bad for Banana…

People I Think Might Die in 2023 United and Sportspeople I Think Might Die in 2023 United, submitted, thanks.

Pope/Pele an admin pain, I'm sure, but good for game diversity. Like Fantasy Premier League if Haaland had got injured the day before the league had resumed.

• Like 1

Just woke up, any news?

• Haha 5

Quick, someone give me a theme to slap a last minute team together with

I imagine there were teams already submitted that included all of Pope, Babs Walters and Pele.

If another of their low hanging fruit falls off the tree before midnight, I wonder if they will be give a 4th sub?

33 minutes ago, Banana said:

Just woke up, any news?

Apparently Peter Falk has Alzheimer's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2