Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Fantastic work huge thank  you !!

I have 58 Unique Picks!!! 44 last year and while I hoped to meet or surpass  it I never thought I would reach 58 out of 60 names as Unique with one team all Unique picks!!

I am delighted. 

I saw that - so close to a clean sweep! (34 out of 40 for my two theme teams before you ask - of all people Gawn Grainger isn't unique!)

Congrates to the Cmme - nicely done!

• Like 2

16 solo picks for my french theme team + 6 for my "Drop Dead Diva" theme team + 2 for my main list : 24 solo hits. Not bad for a first year

• Like 1

Just now, Toast said:

Amazing, and I've actually heard of some of them :lol:  Are they all circling the drain?

Some are punts but others definitely  feel like they have a decent  chance. 

For example Aussie actress Elspeth Ballantyne,  there have been rumours and chatter among some in Prisoner Cell Block H fan quarters about her health and absence from bring interviewed on a newish fan Prisoner  podcast when the likes of Maggie Kirkpatrick,  Patsy King in her 90s , Wendy Playfair in her 90s  have been interviewed. 

June Kenton suddenly went very quiet on twitter in 2021,Pattie  Boyd got married in recent years just incase which was a little flag for me , Robbie Humphries one of the Milky bar kids had a transplant years ago etc

Punts include Scott Madsen and Charlie Drummond who seem to have got into trouble with the law and difficulty in making good decisions and  avoiding a chaotic life.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, msc said:

I saw that - so close to a clean sweep! (34 out of 40 for my two theme teams before you ask - of all people Gawn Grainger isn't unique!)

Congrates to the Cmme - nicely done!

I think I'd have fainted if I had achieved a clean sweep!!

A few such as Elspeth Ballantyne, Frank Zane and Barbara Carrera surprised me by all being unique!

The errors will be sorted out in due time. There are always a few. Just notify us and it will get done.

Also, yes, we need volunteers for the photos of the new names. It requires downloading the photos, cutting them down to size, and giving them the correct file name.

Please message me if you'd like to help out. I'll create a group here and we can assign the letters of the alphabet among us.

• Like 3

@gcreptile Obviously my theme team of Hits of 36 Years Ago....needs to be updated in the heading for the year 1987, not 1985. @Death Impends, this will also apply for the theme team league.

Still looking...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

@gcreptile Obviously my theme team of Hits of 36 Years Ago....needs to be updated in the heading for the year 1987, not 1985. @Death Impends, this will also apply for the theme team league.

Still looking...

Part of why I'm holding off until end of month to set up the TTL, so any name issues or general mixups can be sorted first.

• Like 1

Fantastic effort guys.It looks great.Excellent job.

Surprised to see I have a unique on my main team.Somewhat unexpected.Also impressed that I had nearly 2 thirds of picks being unique or Drop 40 and all 3 jokers made the Drop 40.

Annoyingly had I picked Dignam from my short list it appears he would have been unique.Oh well you win some and lose some I guess.

I'm always amazed that Mangosuthu Buthelezi is a unique pick for me but that has been the case every year I've picked him.

Matt Hancock`s unwashed cock has to be the best new name of the year!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Is it better to have drop 40 picks or unique one on your main team ?

Technically unique picks as they have a 1 point advantage but it all depends on the age of your pick and also in Drop 40 terms how many of your nearby competitors have them in terms of where it then places you on the leaderboard.

• Like 1

Just now, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Milos Zeman and Ghislaine Maxwell dropped from the D40.

Slightly surprised about Zeman as he is quite ill but I dropped him and I guess many others did too.I thought the fact there were so many Drop 40 hits last year would have kept him up there albeit still near the bottom.Maxwell is not a surprise drop at all.Yes she might kill herself or get bumped off but otherwise healthy and young so a risky pick with many better options to choose from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Slightly surprised about Zeman as he is quite ill but I dropped him and I guess many others did too.I thought the fact there were so many Drop 40 hits last year would have kept him up there albeit still near the bottom.Maxwell is not a surprise drop at all.Yes she might kill herself or get bumped off but otherwise healthy and young so a risky pick with many better options to choose from.

Zemans only on 13 teams so his support utterly cratered. 

Reptile and I both wrecked each others hopes for a Graham Caveney unique!

• Shocked 1

Zeman's Drop 40 appearance last time basically hinged on many expecting him to be the quick-and-easy world leader hit ala arap Moi or Menem. That didn't happen, and as a "dies some point in the next three years" pick he doesn't generate much excitement.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Milos Zeman and Ghislaine Maxwell dropped from the D40.

Was Jeanette Lee D40 last year?  Can't remember.

Does Ruth Adler Schnee (under A) need to be added to the List of the Lost? Not sure if she has a QO. Died 5 January.

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised  nobody picked Princess Michael of Kent given how swollen her legs were at the  Platinum Jubilee thanksgiving  service in June .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Was Jeanette Lee D40 last year?  Can't remember.

No

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Does Ruth Adler Schnee (under A) need to be added to the List of the Lost? Not sure if she has a QO. Died 5 January.

Reptile had flagged her as an awaiting QO name in committee PM but I deferred to the public post in this thread when compiling the obit watch, so that slipped me by. Added her to the obit watch now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Reptile had flagged her as an awaiting QO name in committee PM but I deferred to the public post in this thread when compiling the obit watch, so that slipped me by. Added her to the obit watch now.

If she doesn’t she will be in that rare category of getting a NYT Obit but no QO. 

40 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

I'm always amazed that Mangosuthu Buthelezi is a unique pick for me but that has been the case every year I've picked him.

No one else could be bothered to spell it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How many teams do we have this year ? Looks like slightly less than last year ?

• Like 1