Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

I'm going to suggest that George Dunn  https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_D.html#dunn99g021was born 21 September 1922 in Whitstable, Kent, as per this news report? https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/22312961.raf-pilot-saltdean-celebrating-100th-birthday-tomorrow/

Also, that report says he was in the Home Guard during the Battle of Britain, so his bio is a bit off - he does have other wartime records of some note though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I did add a wiki link to his page in my submission so it was clear which John Scott it was. Maybe I should have put (politician) John Scott in my entry? If it's my fault that I didn't include that information, it's totally fine.

I explain this every year but it's worth explaining again because I suspect there will be quite a few Simon Cowell's that have come through incorrectly.

When entering the names if the database picks up a coding for the name then it is not reviewed - there are about 1500 - 2000 where the coding is not picked up so it's just not possible to check every name back to the info provided and check the coding is picking up the right name.

However where the extra info you provided comes in handy is to help if we can't identify the celebrity or in cases like this where the database has picked incorrectly due to multiple names and you can raise it, like you have, and we (the Committee :D***) can sort it out. This is much faster for the committee (mainly banana in this case) than checking every single name (most of which will be correct) as he enters the teams.

Cheers, GUN

***I'm not adjusting well to retirement

PS See you on 1st March in The Cup.

• Thanks 1

Wrong names will be corrected, provided we have enough info.

I am currently changing all the Prince Edwards and most of the Simon Cowells.

Don't worry, everything will be done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I haven't got time to search this thread but Lucile Randon doesn't seem to have been included in the DDP list. I know both my teams picked her but is showing other old French person Andre Soeur instead. Very odd.

3 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

I haven't got time to search this thread but Lucile Randon doesn't seem to have been included in the DDP list. I know both my teams picked her but is showing other old French person Andre Soeur instead. Very odd.

That's actually correct though. It was a nickname of hers, Soeur Andre, i.e. Sister Andrea, or something like that,

Thanks Willz, one Duane Eddie gets replaced.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Shake Rattle Roll Over And Play Dead has two Duane Eddy listings: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/teams.html#DDPTeamshaker

Might this be a problem with subs or whatever?

Don't call them a rebel rouser, maybe they just had a really good feeling about Eddy in 2023? :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Don't call them a rebel rouser, maybe they just had a really good feeling about Eddy in 2023? :lol:

I had a really good feeling about him last year.

That didn't work...:P

Great work by all concerned.

I have checked all the listings for the names in my teams and just the one correction required -

Theme Team - Kiwi fruit sundae (New Zealanders)

Jim Bolger is shown as the Irish racehorse breeder but should be the former NZ Prime Minister

Hello.

Many thanks to the DDP admins.

Some housekeeping:

SPORTSPEOPLE I THINK MIGHT DIE IN 2023:

Bill Gates is the former Middlesbrough footballer and not the vaccine-microchipping computer illuminatus.

Dave Watson is the former England international (b. 10/46) and not the goalkeeping coach.

Dick Savitt is completely correct, I'm just bringing him up because I got a unique hit.

PEOPLE I THINK MIGHT DIE IN 2023:

Michael Fish is the designer of the kipper tie and my lone recurring unique and not the weatherchap.

Salut!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Massive props to the sexy people that have dedicated the last month or so of their lives to make this pool happen. You all deserve the sloppiest of fellatio tonight! Or a 'lil strum.

129975006_OoohMatron.jpg.63e9950bfff509c680b9b8198bb7fd21.jpg

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, gcreptile said:
57 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

That's actually correct though. It was a nickname of hers, Soeur Andre, i.e. Sister Andrea, or something like that.

Her nun-name  :D

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ok, last one from me for the night.

Mrs Rolf Harris is listed as both Alwen Harris AND Alwen Hughes. Merge required and unique picks cancelled.

https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_H.html#harral

https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_H.html#hughesa022

I’m actually slightly puzzled she was approved. Must be for her sculpture career?

two question

• why is it written on the drop 40 page : "total dropped in 2023...02!" ? Is it the two celebs that didn't make the drop 40 from last year ? 

• also, what does this stat mean ? are the "total hits" the total of point for that person or the total of hits the person had since being in the DDP ? Same question with the total teams 

Capture d’écran 2023-01-22 à 22.45.43.png

Fitting that Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson are next to each other in the Drop 40.

• Like 1

Anyone else lost the Scoreboard when they go in the site?

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

two question

• why is it written on the drop 40 page : "total dropped in 2023...02!" ? Is it the two celebs that didn't make the drop 40 from last year ? 

• also, what does this stat mean ? are the "total hits" the total of point for that person or the total of hits the person had since being in the DDP ? Same question with the total teams 

Capture d’écran 2023-01-22 à 22.45.43.png

Year of DDP, Winner of that years DDP, Winning teams point total, winning teams number of hits (out of 20), total number of teams in that years DDP, total number of hits in that years DDP, most popular pick in that years DDP, most popular pick in that years DDP to have died.

Total Dropped on the Drop 40 page is dead in 2023 so far ie Vialli and McGarvey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Year of DDP, Winner of that years DDP, Winning teams point total, winning teams number of hits (out of 20), total number of teams in that years DDP, total number of hits in that years DDP, most popular pick in that years DDP, most popular pick in that years DDP to have died.

Total Dropped on the Drop 40 page is dead in 2023 so far ie Vialli and McGarvey.

thanks a lot, makes sense !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Anyone else lost the Scoreboard when they go in the site?

It's having to be reset because of the Theme Team issues, Reptile said earlier. Nowt to be worried about.

• Like 1

Ah cheers.Apologies been really busy so am missing posts here and there.

6 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

How many teams do we have this year ? Looks like slightly less than last year ?

513 so far, it's an increase of 15 actually.

• Like 5