Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

My team is officially in. I'll be starting to enter teams this week.

Once again huge thanks to @Grim Up North for all their help.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Aye, all being well I'll have teams in in the next few days - 19 of the 2022 Kiddyfiddler Harriers are still standing (ooh-er missus!) so it's a toss up (heh heh) about whether I trust in their frail health or find a more compliant bunch of detestable paedos to carry the torch forward. 

I have not received an invitation email.

What is the address for the DDP Entries this year, please?

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

Thanks. I think this is the first year in about 5 that I've not got an invite. :(

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not sure why that would be but could be spam filters which they can’t do anything about.

Anyway it’s ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

For anyone else who hasn’t received or is new to the game full entry instructions as always are here too.

https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/ddp-rules/

• Thanks 1

Just now, Grim Up North said:

Not sure why that would be but could be spam filters which they can’t do anything about.

Anyway it’s ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

For anyone else who hasn’t received or is new to the game full entry instructions as always are here too.

https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/ddp-rules/

Yeah, I checked my junk mail in case but nothing. As I have used the DDP address before, I'd be surprised if it spammed it.

Odd.

Anyway, it would have been my late brother's birthday today, so I'm finalising and sending shortly.

Thanks GUN.

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, I checked my junk mail in case but nothing. As I have used the DDP address before, I'd be surprised if it spammed it.

Odd.

Anyway, it would have been my late brother's birthday today, so I'm finalising and sending shortly.

Thanks GUN.

Ive tried to send you a PM but you can’t receive (box full maybe?) but commiserations about your brother - I don’t know anything about him or how old he was but the anniversary of the loss of any family member is normally a sad time and a time for reflection. Cheers, GUN

• Like 2

Ok chaps, the usual 3 teams have been sent, got the auto response from @Banana so hopefully all is good and nobody bloody well dies between now and the end of the year (as they often do when my teams are concerned - yes, I'm giving Betty White's grave a hard Paddington stare I borrowed from @msc)!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ok chaps, the usual 3 teams have been sent, got the auto response from @Banana so hopefully all is good and nobody bloody well dies between now and the end of the year (as they often do when my teams are concerned - yes, I'm giving Betty White's grave a hard Paddington stare I borrowed from @msc)!!

Good work and I look forward to seeing the charts team again.

Now, find some way to send in a Crowdsourced list. :D

• Like 1

I didn't get the email either, only went on a ten day paranoid bender as a result, was hauled off one bridge and two sets of railway tracks before discovering you can download the file from the site and email it in, happy days :D

My two theme teams are ready to go. The main team is another matter, as there's four or five picks who may not make it to the end of this year, never mind next. I'll wait a few days to see what happens to them before submitting.

Having said that, another pick will probably peg it instead - that was the case last year!

On 18/12/2022 at 15:49, Spade_Cooley said:

Quick prediction time: who's topping the Drop 40? Pele, Carter or Alagiah?

Pele I reckon.

Started writing up my teams.Will work on them for a few days.

It is incredible that for the first time I may have a team with 0 hits despite the Joker being in the Drop 40 and being in hospice as of at least October 2021.

• Like 1

So just started putting my team together and got to about 28 picks so started paring them down.

One guy was off the list straight away as little to no chance of a QO i thought but they've been ill for a while so I thought lets see if anyone else picked them in 2022 - sure enough 11 teams did so I thought 'oh seems like lots of other people think he will QO I'll put him in.'

Then I read the pen pic above which ends '...who won't get a QO.' :D

I'm going to go with DI or GCR's opinion over the other 11 teams.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

So just started putting my team together and got to about 28 picks so started paring them down.

One guy was off the list straight away as little to no chance of a QO i thought but they've been ill for a while so I thought lets see if anyone else picked them in 2022 - sure enough 11 teams did so I thought 'oh seems like lots of other people think he will QO I'll put him in.'

Then I read the pen pic above which ends '...who won't get a QO.' :D

I'm going to go with DI or GCR's opinion over the other 11 teams.

Hah, that was me. And I've still not picked them.

If there's a 2020-21 name with a grumpy, sarcastic or put down bio, it's usually me. See also the ones taking the piss out of WEP's obscure names, any references to Deathray's FFBI team as "DDP teams to slit your wrists to" or the like and a few put downs of mediocre politicians. 

Whereas Reptile's were far more kindly and understanding! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sean said:

Started writing up my teams.Will work on them for a few days.

It is incredible that for the first time I may have a team with 0 hits despite the Joker being in the Drop 40 and being in hospice as of at least October 2021.

Wow! I thought I was doing poorly with my main team currently in joint 432nd place.

1 hour ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Wow! I thought I was doing poorly with my main team currently in joint 432nd place.

It is a theme team.My main team is joint 14th.

• Like 1

My third entry has just been submitted. To be honest, the best bit about it is probably the team name.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, time said:

My third entry has just been submitted. To be honest, the best bit about it is probably the team name.

What is it?

1 minute ago, Sean said:

What is it?

Its a means of uniquely identifying the team, but that's not important right now.

• Haha 8

My three delicious  Crumble Teams have just been sent in. 

Many thanks for all of the teams hard work in running this pool.

Confident I have put in a high quality , colourful and interesting set of names!

• Like 4

One of my theme team picks has recently died. There's no QO as of yet, and if they don't get one I may need to rethink that theme team altogether, as most of the other members of the list have a similar level of 'fame'.

My entry is in. Big thanks to Grim Up North for his efforts over the years and to those taking up the mantle.

• Like 1

Entries are in. Quite Unwell Illustrious Mortals is dead, long live Beat the Cost of Living Crisis with One Simple Trick! Well, not “long live”, but you get the gist. Re-entered A Bunch Of Punts off of the Punt Pool, and I’ve binned Schaferknackered and got myself a fresh new theme team too - A Chris Goodbye.

GL everyone, and thanks very much to the committee as ever for putting it all into action.

• Like 2