Senis

Nikolai Ryzhkov

Nikolai Ryzhkov must be on the list for next year

• Like 1

Probably not famous enough. I mean he will likely get a Q/O but I’m not sure he is deathlsity. 

For context as the original post didn't mention who this is:  Ryzhkov was Gorbachev's Premier/Prime Minister of the Soviet Union 1985-1991 and currently a Senator in Russia.

Don't think he'll die anytime soon. Looks great for 93 and still very active.. Not that deathlisty in my opinion and there are better picks healthwise too.

Didn't OP already make a thread for this guy that got deleted or am I hallucinating?

3 minutes ago, tracy said:

Didn't OP already make a thread for this guy that got deleted or am I hallucinating?

This guy makes hundreds of threads for thousands of random people.

17 minutes ago, Senis said:

Nikolai Ryzhkov must be on the list for next year

No he mustn’t.

You must get in the bin.

I’ve been on this forum approaching 4 years and I have never had the urge to make a thread. Why do people that first join this forum have an overwhelming desire to create a topic for any fucker that pops in their head?

Surely it’s not hard to stop postless newbies from creating new topics. 

• Like 12

I will be somewhat sympathetic to the newbies and going from past experience I think it’s that they want to contribute to the forums but are unsure how they can do it, so they think making topics is the only way they can meaningfully contribute. Of course then why would make a thread that is going to actually have 0 discussion is news to me. At least with household names there’s some reason to set up a thread for them even if it’s arbitrary. 
I do agree at the end of the day that it’s probably better to set up a system to block newbies from posting threads but would also try to encourage them to discuss in other ways so they don’t get completely discouraged 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I’ve been on this forum approaching 4 years and I have never had the urge to make a thread. 

Ignoring games and extra-curricular, I rarely post new threads, unless that the person is noteworthy and very sick, or very DLy and old. 

Or, on one occasion, solely to piss off Deathray. 

22 minutes ago, When The said:

This guy makes hundreds of threads for thousands of random people.

Is there seriously not something that can be done to stop 'new' accounts from creating threads. There has been a massive influx of no pfp accounts creating threads that just get shut down after half an hour.

Not often I agree with Sir Creep but he has been banging this drum for a while.

I've been on this forum for 15 years and I've started seven threads, none of which have been about individuals.

Apart from the Punt Pool, a thread to separate all the death from Animal Antics and one for Brian Blessed, I don’t think I have any more threads to my name in my 6 years of being here.

Oh, apart from one I started for The Old Crem. But that was because he was shitting out a thread a minute for attention and it was locked in the end anyway.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I will be somewhat sympathetic to the newbies and going from past experience I think it’s that they want to contribute to the forums but are unsure how they can do it, so they think making topics is the only way they can meaningfully contribute. Of course then why would make a thread that is going to actually have 0 discussion is news to me. At least with household names there’s some reason to set up a thread for them even if it’s arbitrary. 
I do agree at the end of the day that it’s probably better to set up a system to block newbies from posting threads but would also try to encourage them to discuss in other ways so they don’t get completely discouraged 

Most forums I’ve been part of encourage thread making to make it seem their forums are popular and buzzing with activity, no matter how shite the quality of the topic. This forum is pretty unique in the fact that regulars froth at the mouth at people making new topics. 

So these newbies making new threads are probably surprised at the reaction they get when they post one. It simply needs to be easily communicated to new members that it doesn’t make you popular. Or just stop them from posting until they reach a certain post count. Although this doesn’t stop unnecessary threads being made (that Charles de Gaulle account for example, one person I can think of who LOVES a thread). 

Just remembered this post I wrote last year.

On 10/04/2021 at 22:21, arghton said:

1914426068_Nyttkuva2021-05-16204715.png.d03f197b976ad19500b909d618110684.png

Nikolai Ryzhkov (born 1929) Soviet official, Gorbachev's prime minister. Suffered a serious heart attack in 1990, overweight. Looks like William Shatner at the age of 140.

He does look like an "elderly" William Shatner. Looks fine in that picture chel posted in Political Frailty this month though. And I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Hague,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Perhaps said:

I’ve been on this forum approaching 4 years and I have never had the urge to make a thread. Why do people that first join this forum have an overwhelming desire to create a topic for any fucker that pops in their head?

Surely it’s not hard to stop postless newbies from creating new topics. 

I think the newbies get excited about having an original idea. Problem is, there ideas are a bit too original for this forum. 

58 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Most forums I’ve been part of encourage thread making to make it seem their forums are popular and buzzing with activity, no matter how shite the quality of the topic. This forum is pretty unique in the fact that regulars froth at the mouth at people making new topics. 

So these newbies making new threads are probably surprised at the reaction they get when they post one. It simply needs to be easily communicated to new members that it doesn’t make you popular. Or just stop them from posting until they reach a certain post count. Although this doesn’t stop unnecessary threads being made (that Charles de Gaulle account for example, one person I can think of who LOVES a thread). 

I mean like why should  any a list name that has reached 80 not have a thread? Also makes going through their health history easier. Also it's a good way to lobby the deathlist committee into putting your pick on the actual deathless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad Ryzhkov has a thread at this point. He is really the last survivor of a generation of communist leader with the recent deaths of Strougal, Silayev and Modrow. I find it signifcant that the Eastern Bloc is fading, for what it meant to me and to those who can remember. The Eastern Bloc was the suppression of individuality, everything had to be gray and the same, emotions were constantly to be repressed. Look at those men who just died, or Ryzhkov himself. All impassive, dressed in the same way, many identical gray bureaucrats. That was the Eastern Bloc.

• Like 2

Ryzhkov's still quite active, incumbent Federation Council member, in December he talked about how it'd be great if the Soviet Union was recreated. He's dreamed about it since the 90s. Hated and still hates Gorbachev and wishes Andropov never died (I assume Andropov liked him more than Gorba?). Sanctioned by the US in 2014 too for involvement in the Crimea invasion as a member of the Russian leadership's inner circle. Quite an asshole in many ways

• Like 2

https://www.yugopolis.ru/news/byvshij-prem-er-ministr-sssr-nikolaj-ryzhkov-ushel-iz-soveta-federacii-165114

Resigned from the Federation Council (his last political post) due to old age.

• Like 3

Well enough to hold a speech at the Russia Expo opening earlier this month. He has a walking stick, sat in the group photo and looks a bit pale so I guess his health might be somewhat declining, but doesn't really look like he'll die in the next months.

ryzhkov.thumb.png.cee66fcaa69f806e89e420d7abd10278.png

He's the last living Politburo member from the Era of Stagnation and one of the last of those old bureaucrats in the Soviet leadership (Politburo, Central Committee, Secretariat, Central Auditing Commission). He might be the oldest one of them now too as Central Committee member Raisa Dementyeva seems to have died off-radar last year at 97.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Etushispushingupdaisies said:

https://t.me/meduzalive/101134 Nikolai Ryzhkov dead

No real confirmation from major western outlets yet, which is strange considering you'd think the NYT (or others) would have an obit ready if this was true...

1 minute ago, Comped said:

No real confirmation from major western outlets yet, which is strange considering you'd think the NYT (or others) would have an obit ready if this was true...

It's not exactly a breaking news worthy moment for the average person. Consider it is 1am EST as well. It'll come out in a few hours if true.