chilean way

Centenarians Deadpool 2023

Thought this is worth pointing out. I picked her last year and @Johnnas picked her this year. Thelma McKenzie’s wiki page has a link to an obituary for Norma Johnston which states that Johnston was "Australia's oldest living Test cricketer until her death".

Johnson was born in 1927. McKenzie was born in 1915.

Using this logic, Thelma McKenzie is surely dead. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pop_Zeus said:

Thought this is worth pointing out. I picked her last year and @Johnnas picked her this year. Thelma McKenzie’s wiki page has a link to an obituary for Norma Johnston which states that Johnston was "Australia's oldest living Test cricketer until her death".

Johnson was born in 1927. McKenzie was born in 1915.

Using this logic, Thelma McKenzie is surely dead. 

I didn't realice of this, thanks for noticing. I want to bring back Betty Reid Soskin instead please @chilean way

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Johnnas said:

I didn't realice of this, thanks for noticing. I want to bring back Betty Reid Soskin instead please @chilean way

No problem ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pop_Zeus said:

Branka Veselinovic is a hit for some

LET THE HOST HOOOOOOST!!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

LET THE HOST HOOOOOOST!!

Didn’t realise we had to be silent until the host announces a death. I happened to spot it so thought I’d post it. Happens in plenty of other threads, not sure what your problem is 

6 hours ago, Pop_Zeus said:

Didn’t realise we had to be silent until the host announces a death. I happened to spot it so thought I’d post it. Happens in plenty of other threads, not sure what your problem is 

You’re just not helping. The death was already announced in the 100 Club thread (where deaths of centenarians are supposed to be announced). Chilean way checks the forum more frequently than you and would have been aware, likely before you. He’s the host. Just let him make the announcements. You’re just sounding like a parrot and it’s not helping anyone.

• Facepalm 2

Not sure why you're face palming me you muppet. You asked for an explanation, so I gave you one!

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You’re just not helping. The death was already announced in the 100 Club thread (where deaths of centenarians are supposed to be announced). Chilean way checks the forum more frequently than you and would have been aware, likely before you. He’s the host. Just let him make the announcements. You’re just sounding like a parrot and it’s not helping anyone.

Ok but if that’s the case then nobody should ever announce a death before the host in any game on here. Others do it, it happened a number of times in last years game of this, and you didn’t criticise any of them. In the Shadow Deathlist game people post deaths all the time. Nobody takes issue with it. 

Also I work shifts and so am awake at times of day when others are likely asleep. Sometimes I check deaths as something to pass the time when I have a quiet few minutes at work at weird times of day. If I spot a death that hasn’t been put up (probably because others, including the host) are asleep, I’ll just post it. I don’t see a problem with this. 

I’m respectful on here, haven’t had a go at either you or the host, and get called a ‘muppet’ in response. Not sure how that works. Whatever. 

25 minutes ago, Pop_Zeus said:

Also I work shifts and so am awake at times of day when others are likely asleep.

Have a wank instead then. It'll be more productive than you parroting what's already been covered.

Facepalm this post if you agree with me.

• Facepalm 2

I'm a claimer, I'm afraid. Not here obvs, not playing this game. 

Hosted myself, always pleased to see a claim. Some hosts update sporadically, so always good to have a list to double check. We've all seen the updated leaderboards and then someone trots along and says "but you need to give me points for ...".

Of course, I don't get many hits due to my innate ability to grant almost certain immunity from death by picking them. :lol:

I can appreciate it might be annoying for some hosts though. Posters gonna post...what ya gonna do? "shrug"

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hosted myself, always pleased to see a claim.

Thanks. It’s not like I was even claiming it for myself! 

Ulitzer, you think we should be silent in here until the host announces a death, whilst I don’t see a problem with anyone else doing so, should they happen to post it first. So we will agree to disagree and move on. 

• Like 3