Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I’m not sure she would make the DDP threshold. She doesn’t really have any fame except through her husband and late Daughter. So I’m not sure she would be eligible for any pool. 

A quick glance at her Wiki page instantly tells you she's notable in her own right...

• Like 2

Bernard Ingham is already 90, sporting the Alan Brazil redness and generally someone known for finishing dinners and getting worked up over all manner of things. Known to so many in the media that the phrase "obitable as fuck" might usefully apply. 

Bernard-Ingham.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Bernard Ingham is already 90, sporting the Alan Brazil redness and generally someone known for finishing dinners and getting worked up over all manner of things. Known to so many in the media that the phrase "obitable as fuck" might usefully apply. 

Bernard-Ingham.png

He was born with jowls.

Just watched video from 2 years ago on Pele's 80th birthday celebration. Several old timer Brazilian football players were in the video, Mario Zagallo (now 91 years old) in particular stood out to me as very frail.

On 11/11/2022 at 22:20, arghton said:

Jayapataka Swami: 73, Indian Hindu ISKCON leader/cultist.

Ailments: Hepatitis C, severe brain stem stroke and two brain bleeds in 2008, underwent tracheotomy and was given a 1% survival percentage. UTI in 2010, leg infection in 2011, severe pneumonia and liver failure in 2015, in ICU with severe fever in 2016, liver and double kidney transplant in 2018, undisclosed surgery in 2019, covid and leg infection in 2021, blood clot this january.

Milwaukee-born Indian ISKCON cultist-I mean leading guru Jayapataka Swami somehow continues to live and doesn't even look that bad.

swami.thumb.jpg.322a49df4e6da5e47e570a31a7aca7cf.jpg

Except for those hands.

Looks like he has Raynaud's. Someone get some gloves on him.

On 01/01/2023 at 12:13, Lafaucheuse said:

Well, now it’s Time to unveil some of my AO picks

- Sébastien Haller (b. 1994) : french ivorian football player diagnosed with testicles cancer and has underwent some opérations recently. Has gone worryingly quiet on social media since november. 
- Catherine Laborde (b. 1951) : french weathergirl with Body Lewy Dementia and is said to be on her last leg

- Jean Lassalle (b. 1955) : french politician and several Time candidate at the presidential election. Has undergone 4 heart operation last year without much success as it is said that he still have cardiac problem. Has gone quite quiet since.

- Adrien Quattenans (b. 1990) : the riskier one. French politician and member of La France Insoumise. Was accused of domestic violence by his ex wife recently and lost his job in the party he was. Cancelled everywhere. Is not welcome to the Assemblée nationale anymore. Might commit suicide as he’s known to be quite « passionate » and impulsive.

- Tristan Waleckx (b. 1983) : another risky one. French journalist. I heard from several people that he has terminal cancer. Would make sense as he was one of the two french journalist in Fukushima at the Time of the incident. Still really active though. 
- Daniel Baremboim (b. 1930) : argentine born conductor Who suffers from an unspecified neurodegenerative illness. 
- Michel Coté (b. 1950) : canadian actor Who is waiting for a kidney transplant and other ailments. 

I expect one or two of them to to this year. 

Haller just scored three times in ten minutes for his club Dortmund in a friendly match against Swiss team Basel. Doesn’t sound like he’s in big trouble (testicular is one of the most treatable cancers) 

4 minutes ago, pfm18 said:

Haller just scored three times in ten minutes for his club Dortmund in a friendly match against Swiss team Basel. Doesn’t sound like he’s in big trouble (testicular is one of the most treatable cancers) 

I know. It was a bad call but it sounded grim and he disappeared for some months on all social media. 

plus, he didn’t look really good in this picture from october (at least for someone in his 20´s)

6DD157B2-48C7-4E7E-9815-27794F25610F.jpeg

5 Time Olympic Gold Medalist Gymanist  Takashi Ono is 91,  his wife of 63 years died of Covid in early 2021.

NBA free agent big man Enes Freedom has been receiving several death threats over the past few years due to his very public opposition of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. However, those threats increased greatly over the past few days after the Turkish government put a $500,000 bounty on his head.

SC

Ask me on December 31, 2023.  LOL

• Like 1

How about Steve Schirripa?

He didn’t look much healthier than James Gandolfini on The Sopranos and was four years older than Gandolfini. Amazing how Gandolfini died at 51, whilst this guy is still going at 65. 

Also on The Sopranos front, Drea de Matteo smoked heavily since she was 12 years old and only quit last year. She contracted COVID over Christmas 2021 and stated that she felt it really messed up her lungs following her long smoking habits, which is why she decided to give up smoking. Still looks sensational and youthful but one to keep an eye on in future years. She’ll turn 51 tomorrow, the age that took James Gandolfini, only he weighed about 3 times more than her.

Here are the survivors of my 2023 suggestions list, updated for the new year:

- Sir Michael A. Epstein - Meets the famousness criteria and 103 next year. 

- Norman Lear - Doubtlessly mentioned before. Needs no introduction. Thread here.

- John Astin - Gomez Addams most famously. 94 next year. Thread here.

- Alan Oppenheimer - 94 next year. Doubtful whether he meets the notability criteria, but I think that, after William H. Gates, he ought to. 

- Rosey Grier - RFK's bodyguard, American Football Player, Protestant Minister, occasional Actor, and the bloke that caught Sirhan Sirhan is 92 next year. 

- James Hong - Still incredibly active, so I do not expect him to go yet, but a rather Deathlisty name. 95 next year. Thread here.

- Donald P. Bellisario - A name I am surprised I do not hear much about these 'ere parts. 89 next year. 

- David Sutherland - One of the creators of the modern Dennis the Menace ought to QO, and is 91 next year. Died 19th January 2023.

- Gladys West - One of the early developers of the GPS. 94 next year. Never mentioned before on this forum according to a quick search. 

- Hazel McCallion - 103 next year. Mentioned on the Ideas and Possibilities for 2022 thread. Ought to meet the famousness criteria. Died 29th January 2023.

- Bill Cobbs - The third nightguard in the Night at the Museum franchise, the other two being Dick Van Dyke and Mickey Rooney, both DL alumni, is 90 next year. 

- Fred Roos - 90 next year. Apparently the man who introduced George Lucas to Harrison Ford. Also produced The Godfather II, which he won an Oscar for. 

- Lloyd Morrisett - One of the folks that created Sesame Street alongside Jim Henson and Joan Ganz Cooney. 95 next year. Died 23rd January 2023.

- Joan Ganz Cooney - See Lloyd Morrisett.

- John Williams - The most prolific film composer of all time turns 92 next year. Bound to die as I have dropped him from the earliest draft of my Shadowlist. Thread here.

- Billy Dee Williams - Seems a tad premature, but, evident these past two years, such folk have a habit of turning up on the main list. 

- Paul Ignatius - This one's notability in the UK is questionable, but his death ought to be rather well-reported in the USA when it happens. 104 next year.

- Ashraf Ghani - Former Afghan President, as most should know following the August of 2021. Enemy of the Taliban, and has not had a whole stomach since the 1990s, as a result of cancer.

- Joan Morecambe - Only as questionable as William H. Gates. 97 next year.

- Bernard Donoughue - 90 next year and could succumb to chronic awful haircuts.

- Bas de Gaay Fortman - 87 next year and looked rather rough in the recent documentary about Queen Beatrix.

- Frank Field - Terminal Cancer. Frankly (geddit?) should have been on this year's list, and probably will not see The New Year. That said, few expected him to celebrate his 80th birthday (16th July 2022). Thread here.

- Terry Waite - One of those people that Summer Sr. thought died years ago. Everyone else on that list, bar Julian Glover, that I am aware of have died in the last two years. Thread here.

- Siân Phillips - 91 next year. Still somewhat active, however.

- Bela Lugosi - The son of Bela Lugosi. 86 next year. 

- Alvin Rakoff - The man that gave Sean Connery and Alan Rickman their first jobs is 97 next year and isn't looking that well. 

- Peter Falk - I hear he might have Alzheimer's.

- Jon Rumney - 96 next year, still rather active. 

- Jules Walter - 95 next year and, as far as I know, the oldest living actor to have appeared in any of the Star Wars films. 

- Caroline Blakiston - Many Bothans died to bring you this suggestion. 

- Cy Town - Another one like Jules Walter. Both would almost definitely find a place on the List of the Lost. 

- Leonard Peltier - Vice Presidential nominee in 2020 for a lesser-known party. Withdrew from the election not because he is serving two life sentences for murder but for health reasons unknown. He has previously been the victim of beatings in prison.

- Julian Glover - See Terry Waite.

- Alan Kooi Simpson - Has looked ancient for years. I honestly thought he would be dead by now. 93 next year.

- Daniel Ellsberg - The man that released the Pentagon Papers is still with us at 92. Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in February 2023. Almost definitely won't see the year out, but should be considered for the main list in the unlikely event that he does. Died 16th June 2023.

- Wilhelm Buesing - Another rather unfamous name, with low, but not nonexistent, chances of a QO. 103 next March. Died 25th June 2023.

- Brian Murphy - 92 next year. The oldest living member of the main cast of Man About the House. Also said the famous line "During the war" when Buster Merryfield was still a banker. Thread here.

- Brian Cooke - The surviving of the two creators of Man About the House is 87 next year.

- Sir Colville Young - Governor-General of Belize for 27 years until his retirement in 2021. 91 in November. 

- Story Musgrave - The astronaut is 87 in August. Obitable? Yes. Obitable enough? Maybe.

- William Turnbull - The Hong Kong sailor that I discovered after Bill Turnbull died. 91 next year.

- Jane Fonda - Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. I think she will be on the list within the next few years regardless of whether her death is imminent or not, she just seems like the kind of pick that the committee will go for as news like this cancer diagnosis, or the return of it, breaks, even if she stays on the list for a few years. Thread here.

- Peter Cellier - 96 next year. 

- Melvyn Hayes - 88 next year. 

- Baroness Jane Campbell - 65 next year. Can't see her making it to 80, maybe 70. She may have a few more years left in her yet, though. 

- Robert C. Wise - Ancient American politician. 99 next May.

- Amartya Sen - 91 next year and probably famous enough for the DL.

- Richard M. Sherman - 96 next year. Probably the most Deathlisty name that has hardly been mentioned on this forum. Thread here.

- Ales Bialiatski - Byelorussian Nobel Laureate. Currently in prison for his work. Enemies of Putin/Lukashenko have a habit of "mysteriously" dying. 

- Luis Garavito - One of the most prolific serial killers of all time is eligible for parole in 2023, suffers from eye cancer, and needs blood transfusions regularly. 67 next year. 

- Norman Kember - A pacifist who went to Iraq to promote peace, and ended up being taken hostage. Born at somepoint in 1931.

- Wole Soyinka - The first black recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature. 90 next year.

- Franco Migliacci - The writer of Volare is 94 next year. 

- J. Reginald Murphy - A journalist whose main claim to fame is being the victim of a kidnapping some 50 years ago. 91 at some point next year.

- Charles Lagus - David Attenborough's cameraman for his original television show Zoo Quest. 96 next year.

- Yasushi Akashi - The UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs from 1996 to 1998 is 92 tomorrow.

- W. Gifford-Jones - Born plain old Ken Walker in Croydon, he is a physician and author residing in Canada. 100 next February. 

- Lina Medina - Youngest mother ever, having given birth to a boy aged just 5 years, 7 months, and 21 days. 91 next year.

- Masahiro Mori - The creator and coiner of the term "Uncanny Valley" is 97 next year. 

- Meredith Belbin - A British researcher that, in 1981, created the Belbin Team Inventory (other names include the BSPI and BTRI, which stand for Belbin Self-Perception Inventory and Belbin Team Role Inventory respectively). He is 98 next year. 

- Per Waestberg - The current oldest serving member of The Swedish Academy. 91 next year. 

- Marion Kozak - Ed Milliband's mother is 90 next year.

- Gloria Dea - One of the last surviving centenarian stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood, as well as being the first magician to perform on the Las Vegas Strip, is 102 next year. Died 18th March 2023.

- Levin H. Campbell - 96 in January. Currently a serving US Court of Appeals Judge, albeit inactive. 

- Shoichiro Toyoda - Former Chairman of the Toyota group. 98 in February. Died 14th February 2023.

- Sir Shridath Ramphal - The Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Nations from 1975 to 1990 is 96 next year.

- Ronald Poppo - 76 this year. In 2012 he survived a cannibal attack in which he lost almost all of his face (Eyebrows, nose, one eye and was blinded in the other, as well as parts of his forehead and cheek). 

- Lord David Craig - 94 this September. Famous enough for pools, and maybe the DL, but I wouldn't bet on it.

- Eddie Stobart - The founder of Stobart, Ltd. is still alive at 94. Thread here.

- Dame Stella Rimington - 88 next month (at the time of writing). Definitely famous enough for the main list. 

- Roy W. Menninger - The American politician is 97 this year. Obitable?

- Sabino Cassese - Italian judge and minor 2022 presidential candidate. He looked about 80 thirty years ago.

- Sir Tipene O'Regan - New Zealander Maori leader and academic who turns 85 next September.

- Andrew Davies - Only mentioned a few times hereabouts, but he's a very Deathlisty name and turns 88 in September 2024.

- L. K. Advani - Former Deputy PM of India under Vajpayee in the early 2000s.

- L. Douglas Wilder - Never mentioned on the forum apart from one pool entry. Slightly surprising given that he is an obitable 92-year old.

- Indarjit Singh - Incredibly frail at the King's coronation. 92 next year. 

- Yuri Oganessian - Worthy of DL consideration as he enters his nineties. The only living person to have an element named after him. 

- Vardis Vardinogiannis - A Greek billionaire, so probably obitable, 90 in December, and recently lost his wife. 

- Yoshie Murayama - Jimmy Carter isn't the only 1924-born leader to have a living wife, as Tomiichi Murayama's is 97 this year. 

- Maggi Hambling - A chain smoker, probably to this day, and 78 in October.

- Filippo Maria Pandolfi - 96 in November. A European Comissioner under Delors.

- Ann Roth - An academy award nominee in costume design, 92, who also starred in the recent Barbie film in what has been described as a "pivotal" scene. The only prior mentions of her on the forum are as a 20/20+3 pick.

- Margaret Towner - Not the Star Wars actress, but a nonagenarian Presbyterian Minister, the first woman ordained as such in the United States.

- Bruce Dern - 88 next year. Passes the fame threshold.

- Robert Paxton - Mentioned once by Lafaucheuse last year. Turns 92 in 2024.

- Richard Chamberlain - Famous enough, and turns 90 next year, so coming into the threshold of committee consideration even without outstanding health issues. Thread here.

- George Carey - Deathlist-level famous and 88 next month (at the time of writing). 

- Sir Stephen Brown GBE - Probably the oldest living GBE currently. Definitely obitable and unpicked in this year's DDP.

- Narges Mohammadi - In a similar situation to Bialiatski, she is the 2023 Nobel Peace Prize winner, currently serving sixteen years in prison for her activism in Iran. Apparently, she is also being tortured.

- David L. Eubanks - 88 next month (at the time of writing). Maybe obitable enough for the DDP, as he was President of Johnson University for 38 years. 

- Dan Inosanto - 88 next year, his claim to fame is that he taught Bruce Lee how to wield nunchucks, also going on to mentor Lee's son Brandon. His daughter is Diana Lee Inosanto, recently Morgan Elsbeth in Ahsoka. Apparently never before mentioned on this forum. 

- Dan Carney - The co-founder of Pizza Hut, whose late brother's death was noted hereabouts, is 93 next year.

- Steve Binder - The director of The Star Wars Holiday Special is still alive aged 91.

This list is still a work in progress. I shall update it when necessary.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

- Norman Lear - Doubtlessly mentioned before. Needs no introduction. Thread here.

- Alan Oppenheimer - 94 next year. Doubtful whether he meets the notability criteria, but I think that, after William H. Gates, he ought to. 

- Rosey Grier - RFK's bodyguard, American Football Player, Protestant Minister, occasional Actor, and the bloke that caught Sirhan Sirhan is 92 next year. 

- James Hong - Still incredibly active, so I do not expect him to go yet, but a rather Deathlisty name. 95 next year. Thread here.

- Donald P. Bellisario - A name I am surprised I do not hear much about these 'ere parts. 89 next year. 

- David Sutherland - One of the creators of the modern Dennis the Menace ought to QO, and is 91 next year.

- Gladys West - One of the early developers of the GPS. 94 next year. Never mentioned before on this forum according to a quick search. 

- Hazel McCallion - 103 next year. Mentioned on the Ideas and Possibilities for 2022 thread. Ought to meet the famousness criteria.

- Bill Cobbs - The third nightguard in the Night at the Museum franchise, the other two being Dick Van Dyke and Mickey Rooney, both DL alumni, is 90 next year. 

- Fred Roos - 90 next year. Apparently the man who introduced George Lucas to Harrison Ford. Also produced The Godfather II, which he won an Oscar for. 

- Lloyd Morrisett - One of the folks that created Sesame Street alongside Jim Henson and Joan Ganz Cooney. 95 next year. 

- John Williams - The most prolific film composer of all time turns 92 next year. Bound to die as I have dropped him from the earliest draft of my Shadowlist. Thread here.

- Billy Dee Williams - Seems a tad premature, but, evident these past two years, such folk have a habit of turning up on the main list. 

- Paul Ignatius - This one's notability in the UK is questionable, but his death ought to be rather well-reported in the USA when it happens. 104 next year.

- Ashraf Ghani - Former Afghan President, as most should know following the August of 2021. Enemy of the Taliban, and has not had a whole stomach since the 1990s, as a result of cancer.

- Bas de Gaay Fortman - 87 next year and looked rather rough in the recent documentary about Queen Beatrix.

- Frank Field - Terminal Cancer. Frankly (geddit?) should have been on this year's list, and probably will not see The New Year. That said, few expected him to celebrate his 80th birthday (16th July 2022). Thread here.

- Terry Waite - One of those people that Summer Sr. thought died years ago. Everyone else on that list, bar Julian Glover, that I am aware of have died in the last two years. Thread here.

- Alvin Rakoff - The man that gave Sean Connery and Alan Rickman their first jobs is 97 next year and isn't looking that well. 

- Jules Walter - 95 next year and, as far as I know, the oldest living actor to have appeared in any of the Star Wars films. 

- Cy Town - Another one like Jules Walter. Both would almost definitely find a place on the List of the Lost. 

- Leonard Peltier - Vice Presidential nominee in 2020 for a lesser-known party. Withdrew from the election not because he is serving two life sentences for murder but for health reasons unknown. He has previously been the victim of beatings in prison.

- Alan Kooi Simpson - Has looked ancient for years. I honestly thought he would be dead by now. 93 next year.

- Daniel Ellsberg - The man that released the Pentagon Papers is still with us at 92.

- Wilhelm Buesing - Another rather unfamous name, with low, but not nonexistent, chances of a QO. 103 next March.

- Brian Murphy - 92 next year. The oldest living member of the main cast of Man About the House. Also said the famous line "During the war" when Buster Merryfield was still a banker. Thread here.

- Brian Cooke - The surviving of the two creators of Man About the House is 87 next year.

- Sir Colville Young - Governor-General of Belize for 27 years until his retirement in 2021. 91 in November. 

- Story Musgrave - The astronaut is 87 in August. Obitable? Yes. Obitable enough? Maybe.

- William Turnbull - The Hong Kong sailor that I discovered after Bill Turnbull died. 91 next year.

- Jane Fonda - Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. I think she will be on the list next year regardless of whether her death is imminent or not, she just seems like the kind of pick that the committee will go for as soon as news like this cancer diagnosis breaks, even if she stays on the list for a few years. Thread here.

- Baroness Jane Campbell - 65 next year. Can't see her making it to 80, maybe 70. She may have a few more years left in her yet, though. 

- Richard M. Sherman - 96 next year. Probably the most Deathlisty name that has hardly been mentioned on this forum. 

- Ales Bialiatski - Byelorussian Nobel Laureate. Currently in prison for his work. Enemies of Putin/Lukashenko have a habit of "mysteriously" dying. 

- Luis Garavito - One of the most prolific serial killers of all time is eligible for parole in 2023, suffers from eye cancer, and needs blood transfusions regularly. 67 next year. 

- Norman Kember - A pacifist who went to Iraq to promote peace, and ended up being taken hostage. Born at somepoint in 1931.

- Wole Soyinka - The first black recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature. 90 next year.

- J. Reginald Murphy - A journalist whose main claim to fame is being the victim of a kidnapping some 50 years ago. 91 at some point next year.

- Charles Lagus - David Attenborough's cameraman for his original television show Zoo Quest. 96 next year.

- Yasushi Akashi - The UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs from 1996 to 1998 is 92 tomorrow.

- W. Gifford-Jones - Born plain old Ken Walker in Croydon, he is a physician and author residing in Canada. 100 next February. 

- Lina Medina - Youngest mother ever, having given birth to a boy aged just 5 years, 7 months, and 21 days. 91 next year.

- Masahiro Mori - The creator and coiner of the term "Uncanny Valley" is 97 next year. 

- Meredith Belbin - A British researcher that, in 1981, created the Belbin Team Inventory (other names include the BSPI and BTRI, which stand for Belbin Self-Perception Inventory and Belbin Team Role Inventory respectively). He is 98 next year. 

- Per Waestberg - The current oldest serving member of The Swedish Academy. 91 next year. 

- Gloria Dea - One of the last surviving centenarian stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood, as well as being the first magician to perform on the Las Vegas Strip, is 102 next year.

- Levin H. Campbell - 96 in January. Currently a serving US Court of Appeals Judge, albeit inactive. 

- Shoichiro Toyoda - Former Chairman of the Toyota group. 98 in February. 

- Sir Shridath Ramphal - The Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Nations from 1975 to 1990 is 96 next year.

Please don’t bother, it’s unfair to those who may feel suicidal.

• Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

- David Sutherland - One of the creators of the modern Dennis the Menace ought to QO, and is 91 next year.

- Hazel McCallion - 103 next year. Mentioned on the Ideas and Possibilities for 2022 thread. Ought to meet the famousness criteria.

- Lloyd Morrisett - One of the folks that created Sesame Street alongside Jim Henson and Joan Ganz Cooney. 95 next year. 

- Daniel Ellsberg - The man that released the Pentagon Papers is still with us at 92.

- Wilhelm Buesing - Another rather unfamous name, with low, but not nonexistent, chances of a QO. 103 next March.

- Jane Fonda - Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. I think she will be on the list next year regardless of whether her death is imminent or not, she just seems like the kind of pick that the committee will go for as soon as news like this cancer diagnosis breaks, even if she stays on the list for a few years. Thread here.

- Richard M. Sherman - 96 next year. Probably the most Deathlisty name that has hardly been mentioned on this forum. 

- Gloria Dea - One of the last surviving centenarian stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood, as well as being the first magician to perform on the Las Vegas Strip, is 102 next year.

- Shoichiro Toyoda - Former Chairman of the Toyota group. 98 in February. 

Good list imo, however, David Sutherland has not lasted long after recently getting an OBE. 

Colin Jeavons, a very fine character actor, is 93.

Ok, that doesn't mean he is at deaths door but he is a another fish to be shot in the barrel, as is traditional in the DL fashion, or summat.

• Like 1

Rosemarry Harris

She is the actress who played Spiderman's Granny in the Tobey Mcguire Spidey flicks of the 00's

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BabyBlue said:

Rosemarry Harris

She is the actress who played Spiderman's Granny in the Tobey Mcguire Spidey flicks of the 00's

Spiderman's Aunt, actually

• Like 2

Frankie Valli is 89 this year has had a battle with pneumonia about a year ago. Unsure if he has another four seasons in him.

• Facepalm 1