Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

Neil Cavuto has a long history of frail health. Maybe he will be a hit in 2024. Cavuto has survived cancer, MS, heart surgery and It's surprising he's lived this long despite so much crazy health issues.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2023 at 13:13, Lafaucheuse said:

- Adrien Quattenans (b. 1990) : the riskier one. French politician and member of La France Insoumise. Was accused of domestic violence by his ex wife recently and lost his job in the party he was. Cancelled everywhere. Is not welcome to the Assemblée nationale anymore. Might commit suicide as he’s known to be quite « passionate » and impulsive.

Adrien Quatennens now excluded from left wing party. He was just "suspended" until now. His come back to the Assemblée Nationale has been vividly criticized by almost everyone. I doubt he's under suicide risk right now but if he gets excluded from the La France Insoumise Party, he could be someone to watch. 

For those low requirement pools

Hannu "Enzo" Pulkkinen, Finnish pop/dancepop guy who stole the boozes of Take That in the early 90s, suffers/has suffered from lung cancer x3, prostate cancer (x2?), COPD, diabetes, splenic vein thrombosis, liver failure, heart failure, pancreatitis and other ailments.

• Like 1

What about Bernie Kopell? Famous enough for the DL? 

Gavin MacLeod seemingly did not receive a BBC Obit, just saying...

I'd think Kopell could have a few years left in him. Still very active, especially for his age.

Here he is in a play last year, with known 2023 dead cert Hal Linden:

29b477_3bf4fdee796f4f73b2f5a79ed873366cmv2-1000x600.webp

2 minutes ago, tracy said:

I'd think Kopell could have a few years left in him. Still very active, especially for his age.

Here he is in a play last year, with known 2023 dead cert Hal Linden:

29b477_3bf4fdee796f4f73b2f5a79ed873366cmv2-1000x600.webp

Pretty amazing, considering Kopell looked in his fifties during his Get Smart days. Of course, the fake grey hair would have helped...

Esther Rantzen will be on the list unless she (and this is the most likely outcome) dies before then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

What about Bernie Kopell? Famous enough for the DL? 

Gavin MacLeod seemingly did not receive a BBC Obit, just saying...

…which was just plain ridiculous.

Phil Collins doesn't look good next to his young, fresh faced and conspicuously healthy daughter - seriously, if you heard he was in ICU and it looked dodgy, would you be surprised?

328247159_1257285921858069_2022807495098

• Shocked 4

55 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I think Maneskin singer Damiano David won’t live 10 years more. Based on this photo and all the drugs and alcohol he takes 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoDSCzDqElL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

He does look different compared to a year ago. I was slightly surprised at the new music video. However the band say they don't do drugs. I just think for now the band are just overworked.

In terms of household names from famous American tv sitcoms, how about Marion Ross and John Astin, especially seeing the recent deaths from both Happy Days and The Addams Family?

9 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

In terms of household names from famous American tv sitcoms, how about Marion Ross and John Astin, especially seeing the recent deaths from both Happy Days and The Addams Family?

I questioned you about this yesterday and you ignored me.

Why? Why should John Astin be on the DL? Do you have any information that we don't? Is he ill?

Same for Marion Ross. Is she ill?

Or are you just doing as you normally do i.e. posting countless "how about xxx" for anyone notable over 90? 

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why should John Astin be on the DL?

Because he is a household celebrity name who will be 94 next year (which means he perfectly fits DL criteria) and 94 is a dangerous age for anyone, especially a tall male, so much so, that I am finally at peace with Clint Eastwood being considered for the DL now.

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Same for Marion Ross. Is she ill?

Not that I know of, but neither was Estelle Harris, as far as we knew, until she suddenly died one day aged 93. Ross also announced retirement from acting a few years ago now.

What do others think about these possible additions for the 2024 DL?

Old folk - check.

Celebrity - check.

Imminent death - possible.

Make a suggestion once on this thread, if there are health issues that come to light, there are other threads.

But nothing to have a circular fight about.

Street Fighter 5's Next Major Update Arrives May 30, Includes A Classic  Stage - GameSpot

The main list always has a few early 90’s people with no known health issues on it.

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

Because he is a household celebrity name who will be 94 next year (which means he perfectly fits DL criteria) and 94 is a dangerous age for anyone, especially a tall male, so much so, that I am finally at peace with Clint Eastwood being considered for the DL now.

Not that I know of, but neither was Estelle Harris, as far as we knew, until she suddenly died one day aged 93. Ross also announced retirement from acting a few years ago now.

What do others think about these possible additions for the 2024 DL?

These are good suggestions for next year. Seem like the names the committee favor and they are getting very elderly now. Depends on how many names and survivors die this year and /or whether any health news about them emerges over the next 11 months.

IMO it's stupid to be speculating who and who isn't going to be on the 2024 Deathlist at the end of fucking January.

11 months left and anything can happen regarding nonagenarians. At this point in time there's people that will appear on the 2024 list that aren't even diagnosed or made their diagnosis public yet.

• Like 4

Who the fuck is “household name” John Astin? I’d say his Addams Family character might be a household name, but ask people “Who played Gomez off of Addams Family in the 60s?” and the majority would say “Pffft, no idea”.

Not that this would stop him being a DL pick, just the “household name” bit got me.

Peloton instructor Leanne Hainsby has been quietly battling breast cancer since August, she announced on social media Friday.

Hainsby described at length the treatments she’s been receiving after one doctor first dismissed the lump she discovered, sharing that she’s been through 12 weeks of chemotherapy and will begin radiation.

SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Peloton instructor Leanne Hainsby has been quietly battling breast cancer since August, she announced on social media Friday.

Hainsby described at length the treatments she’s been receiving after one doctor first dismissed the lump she discovered, sharing that she’s been through 12 weeks of chemotherapy and will begin radiation.

SC

Nah, she might just be going through a cycle.

16 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Phil Collins doesn't look good next to his young, fresh faced and conspicuously healthy daughter - seriously, if you heard he was in ICU and it looked dodgy, would you be surprised?

328247159_1257285921858069_2022807495098

This is why I’m surprised so many picked him so high in the Inverse Dead Pool.

• Like 2