Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

Carroll Baker- mega Hollywood star, will be 93 next year and hasn’t been heard from in years. Closer to death than Angie Dickinson I feel.

• Like 2

Jurassic park star Sam Neill he'll be 77 with third stage cancer in his blood  :bombguy:

• Like 2

Unless he dies this year, I say Robert Solow, he'll be turning 100 next year.

• Like 1

Well, I wanted to keep this one private for potential pools next year but I don’t know how life threatening these illnesses are and I feel generous so here we are : Delilah Belle, model, singer and daughter of Lisa Rinna had a seizure while filming a music video. Back in January she revealed she was battling autoimmune and chronic illnesses including Lyme disease, Epstein Barr virus encephalitis and pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorder associated with streptococcal infections (PANDAS). She also had an overdosis in January 2021. She has seizures every now and then apparently. She’s only 24.

She may obit as she appeared in The Real Housewives apparently and Lisa Rinna is quite famous.  

• Shocked 1

Michael Parkinson should be up there. He is 89 next year and based on a recent TV interview he doesn't look well.

• Like 3

On 22/02/2023 at 14:23, Lafaucheuse said:

At the risk of repeating myself, Bernadette Chirac. I can't see her surviving the year though.

Bernadette Chirac was recently talked about on radio by a long-time friend of hers, the journalist Patrick de Carolis who stated : "I've heard from her but... there you go... she's a person who's withdrawn from society, and I'll be discreet about it". Supposed to celebrate her 90 bd in mid-may. I'm almost certain she won't make it. Or that she'll die just after. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sean said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11904279/I-skipped-mammogram-eight-years-got-breast-cancer.html :British designer Kelly Hoppen reveals she was diagnosed with breast cancer after skipping 8 mammograms. Seems like she has still dodged a bullet but still one to keep an eye on.

So, to be clear you're asking us to stare at the tits of someone pushing bus pass age!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Many major Hollywood male film actors in the line-up for their debut on next year’s DL

Jack Nicholson (overweight, rumoured dementia and no public appearances in almost two years)

Michael Caine (cannot walk unaided, in his 90s and visibly frail)

James Earl Jones (overweight and over 90, type 2 diabetes, rarely seen in public now)

Gene Hackman (not at death’s door yet but a real Committee kind of pick and frail even if he can still drive)

Clint Eastwood (another real Committee kind of pick and his age is starting to catch up with him)

And Dick Van Dyke will be back, not sure about Robert Wagner and Duvall though.

• Like 1

The Apollo 8 crew can definitely be considered. Borman and Lovell are 95, there's been some rumors among my space enthusiasts circle that Borman has been in poor health for some time now. Meanwhile, Lovell has slowed down significantly in the last year and I don't recall him attending an event in a while now. Bill Anders seems to be the only member of the crew who's in decent health as far as I know, but he will turn 90 this year.

• Like 1

John Mills, a former dentist, has been awarded an MBE for founding the charity Vasculitis UK in 2010. He's also terminally ill (of vasculitis I guess), and was too ill to attend the award in London.

He was however healthy enough to receive the MBE in his hometown pub:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-64341107

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

John Mills, a former dentist, has been awarded an MBE for founding the charity Vasculitis UK in 2010. He's also terminally ill (of vasculitis I guess), and was too ill to attend the award in London.

He was however healthy enough to receive the MBE in his hometown pub:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-64341107

If I was going to get any award, I'd get it down my local as well. Imagine the feed to the Oscars! Good on him!

• Like 2

Do you remember "Joe the plumber", the model conservative blue-collar figure in the Obama vs McCain campaign?

Well, he wasn't a plumber and his real name is Samuel Wurzelbacher. AND, Twitter tells me that he has been diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer. The classic media haven't picked up on it yet, news is a day old. There is some fundraiser (of course, there is) but I cant post the link on mobile.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Do you remember "Joe the plumber", the model conservative blue-collar figure in the Obama vs McCain campaign?

Well, he wasn't a plumber and his real name is Samuel Wurzelbacher. AND, Twitter tells me that he has been diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer. The classic media haven't picked up on it yet, news is a day old. There is some fundraiser (of course, there is) but I cant post the link on mobile.

Took a while to find because nothing on mainstream media news. In the end I looked on Twitter. You can send prayer requests.

Fundraiser

Among the  female icon from 60’s french-italien cinema we still have

- Brigitte Bardot (b. 1934) 

- Anouk Aimee (b. 1932) 

- Sophia Loren (b. 1934)

- Claudia Cardinale (b. 1938) 

- Sandra Milo (b. 1932), which interistingly enough I didn’t find mentionned here despite being Federico Fellini’s muse 

I feel like I’m missing some… 

Deneuve would fit but not « old » enough. 
Among them listed, I feel like one or two could be considered ( Bardot and Loren ?) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Michigan congressman Dan Kildee has been diagnosed with cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/31/politics/dan-kildee-cancer

For someone who has had numerous DDP unique hits (so I've read), you think you'd know to post this in the Political Frailty thread.  

A very small tumour

Curable cancer

Just too much of the arcticle sounds rather optimistic if I'm honest 

I would say Rupert Murdoch but that'd just be wishful thinking.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Root Inspector said:

I would say Rupert Murdoch but that'd just be wishful thinking.

The man is only just entering the 2nd half of his life with this latest marriage (according to him anyway - god complex? Never)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, En Passant said:

The man is only just entering the 2nd half of his life

I've always said life begins at 90.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Names for pools, some notable, some not.

Paul Brooke (1944) British wonky-eyed actor known from...For Your Eyes Only, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Scandal, Oliver Twist etc. He's never looked like the picture of health, only mentioned here once before by me over a year ago. 

Shridath Ramphal (1928) former Commonwealth Secretary-General in failing health with hospitalisations around 2015 but seemingly bounced back, but hasn't made any public appearances recently as far as I know.

Vil Mirzayanov (1935) Russian-born inventor of Novichok, one of Putin's favourite ingredients in making a cup of tea. Stage IV cancer in 2018, but last time mentioned here in 2020. 

Jhala Nath Khanal (1950), Sharad Pawar (1940), Nritya Gopal Das (1938), Juhani Palmu (1944), Victoria Brownworth (1959/1960) and radio broadcaster Alan Jones (1941/1943) have all survived a hilariously large amount of illnesses that should've killed them atleast three times.

Sita Dahal (?) Wife of Nepal's current Prime Minister, suffers from PSP. God knows how many "critical condition" hospitalisations she has had.

Bernadette Thompson (1910), Evadney Talbot (1912), Leonid Lazarevich Skvortsov (1916), Ilie Ciocan (1913), Mabel Mah (1910) Nowhere notable but they're extremely old people and all of them look extremely old. 

Stuart Kuttner (1939/1940) Heart attacks, strokes, very ill around 2015. Not mentioned here in a while.

Tony Quan aka. Tempt One (1969?) What happened to this guy? He was bedbound and unable to move anything but his eyes due to ALS and complications (locked-in syndrome) over a decade ago when he had his 15 minutes of fame mostly due to EyeWriter, an eye-tracking system designed for him so that he can continue doing graffitis. Yet everything points to him still being alive against the odds and his social media accounts are still posting, but never giving health updates.

Khaleda Zia (1945), Alberto Fujimori (1938), Ernest Saunders (1935), Paulo Maluf (1931), SuperBilly Graham (1943) In the end nobody is immortal, not even health fraudsters. 

Friedrich Wolff (1922) Ancient German defence lawyer of ancient commies, Honecker, Modrow, Krenz and others. Still active around his 100th, but that was ten months ago and he's 100. 

Eusi Kwayana (1925) Decrepit Guyanese-American Pan-Africanist marxist. Widowed in 2017 and 98 today.

Abu Ubaidah Youssef al-Annabi (1969), Saif al-Adel (1960/1963), Abu al-Hussein al-Husseini al-Qurashi (?-2023) and Iyad Ag Ghaly (1954) Some of the current leaders of the largest terrorist groups. Won't die peaceful deaths. 

Denis Pushilin (1981), Leonid Pasechnik (1970), Yevgeny Prigozhin (1961), Vladimir Saldo (1956), Galina Danilchenko (1964) and Igor Girkin (1970) Some of these people will be dead when the Russo-Ukrainian War ends, no matter what's the result. Or atleast most of them won't have long and healthy lives.

Rodolfo Stange (1925), Santiago Sinclair (1927) and Jorge Lucar (1934) Last members of Pinochet's Military Junta. 

Alfredo Astiz (1951) Argentine military officer who worked for Videla's dictatorship as a torturer. Had or "had" pancreatic cancer in 2004 and has reportedly had terminal prostate cancer since around 2018 that is hopefully killing him slowly.

Mengistu (1937) Continuing with monsters, Ethiopia's cold war-era dictator who killed millions and allegedly personally murdered Haile Selassie. Has had medical trips abroad in the past and hopefully won't live to his nineties like Mugabe and others.

Najah al-Attar (1933) Bashar al-Assad's Vice President, rumored to be in frail health. His brother Issam al-Attar (1927) is an anti-Assad symbol, slightly different career paths.

Paavo Lipponen (1941) Had seven heart surgeries the same year around five years ago, how's he still alive? Now says his memory is failing.

Ki Ha Rhee (1938) Introduced Taekwondo to Britain. Now 85. 

Princess Marianne Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg (1924) Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't made any public appearances in a year or more. Used to be very active and always looked great for her age.

Ian McNeice (1950) I love him in Doc Martin, but he looks very unhealthy. 

• Like 4

On 27/03/2023 at 12:08, TheSpinosaurus said:

The Apollo 8 crew can definitely be considered. Borman and Lovell are 95, there's been some rumors among my space enthusiasts circle that Borman has been in poor health for some time now. Meanwhile, Lovell has slowed down significantly in the last year and I don't recall him attending an event in a while now. Bill Anders seems to be the only member of the crew who's in decent health as far as I know, but he will turn 90 this year.

The right stuff for sure, mind - the whole crew of a 1968 space mission still being alive. 

• Like 1

Singer Tony Bennett will be 98 in 2024... or not as the case may be

• Like 2