Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

A few A-lister singers that deserves more consideration

- Smokey Robinson (b. 1940) : nearly-fatal Covid which led to a 11 days hospitalization in 2022

- Paolo Conte (b. 1937) : still gave concerts last year but a heavy smoker and doesn't look the picture of health anymore 

205957974-b3dd4a87-8fec-4783-b350-ecb51b9c3c65.jpg.b7a02a665491f428872ce23d1e9c27be.jpg1

- Johnny Tillotson (b. 1939) : not seen in a long time and stopped giving interview in his youtube channel over two years ago

- Frankie Valli (b. 1934) : pneumonia in 2021, surgery in 2023, but still performing at 88. 

- Mina (b. 1940) : italian icon, quit performing back in 1978 after a near-fatal broncho-pneumonia. Has released several albums since but hasn't been seen in public for a while

- Herb Alpert (b. 1935) : old, couldn't find much about him but a well-known and successful trumpeter anyway

- Bobby Vinton (b. 1935) : serious case of shingle in 2015, which forced him to retire, hasn't been seen in ages

- Clarence Carter (b. 1936) : doesn't look great in this photo from a year agoCHICAGO-CRUSADER-COLUMNIST-Elaine-Hegwood-Bowen-left-is-joined-by-Sharon-Fountain-right-in-a-photo-w--Blues-guitarist-Clarence-Carter-after-his-interview..thumb.jpg.209815c0f0e6387bcf1ada6673264d8c.jpg

- Johnny Matthis (b. 1935) : former alcoholic and drug addict, his home has been crushed by storm in january 2023 

- Cissy Houston (b. 1933) : old and so frail in her recent apparitions 

- Judy Collins (b. 1939) : suffers from bulimia since mid-70's, still gives concerts

- Caterina Valente (b. 1931) : old french-italian singer

- Sly Stone (b. 1940) : frail as shown in this picture from 2015

254E872500000578-2938314-image-m-17_1422988906717.thumb.jpg.69437d3d1d61618f0734f712067a5c6c.jpg

I'm leaving aside famous picks like Shirley Bassey, Julie Andrews, Willie Nelson, Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand etc… 

• Like 6

Mike Reads show this week brings Peggy Seeger who is probably a future DLer. 88 next month but looks great for it and can still belt out The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. 

French rugby comentator Matthieu Lartot (wikireveals he has a rare and agressive cancer (synoviarlosacome) which forced him to retire from TV and is currently hospitalized. He is only 43. I almost kept it quiet for a potential 2024 list but anyway. A prominent and popular figure here. 

• Like 1

My dad is convinced Phillip Schofield will kill himself. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Certainly a possibility. Wonder if the Matthew McGreevy story is the tip of the iceberg.

Shit

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Has the committee ever considered picks based on the possibility of suicide?

7 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

Andrea de Cesaris AKA Andrea de Crasharis wasn't suicidal in 1987, but he drove like he was. Decades later he did kill himself, accidentally, on a motorbike.

4 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Gazza is the only pick I can think of but it was also his alcoholism too.

Pratchett I think was probably picked due to being in favour of assisted suicide as well as his dementia.

Chris Woodhead also was considering dignitas but his motor neurone disease and its prognosis is by far the main reason he was picked im sure.

53 minutes ago, Sean said:

Chris Woodhead also was considering dignitas but his motor neurone disease and its prognosis is by far the main reason he was picked im sure.

Worst drop ever. Weeks after I dropped him from the DDP he got stage IV cancer!

On 27/05/2023 at 19:37, arghton said:

Lots of people saying C. Thomas Howell isn't looking great in recent videos and images.

Yeah, he looks a lot paler than he did in Soul Man.

• Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

King Salman,Russell.M.Nelson,Jimmy Carter,Emperor Akihito and Harald V.

I have not gone through this whole site so maybe these guys are already on some lists.....

I have not seen a mention of.... 

Charles Munger who is a whopping 99 years old...

Or

Warren Buffett Who is no spring chicken at almost 93...

But like I said I might have missed them....

33 minutes ago, Billy Bob 2424 said:

I have not gone through this whole site so maybe these guys are already on some lists.....

I have not seen a mention of.... 

Charles Munger who is a whopping 99 years old...

Or

Warren Buffett Who is no spring chicken at almost 93...

But like I said I might have missed them....

And Charlie Munger can be found on the "Who are the Immortals" thread, I believe.

• Like 1

an online pot has been opened for Jean Pierre Léaud (wiki) one of the most notable french actor who just turned 79 and the description says he currently is in "a difficult time in terms of morale, physical well-being and material needs". His last appearance at the Cesar this year caught my attention, he looks ill. Wouldn't be such a bad pick. 

gettyimages-1469251264-612x612.jpg

jean-pierre-leaud-assistant-aux-cesar-film-awards-48th-a-l-olympia-a-paris-france-sur-24-fevrier-2023-photo-d-aurore-marechal-abacapress-com-2nmrf73.jpg

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

an online pot has been opened for Jean Pierre Léaud (wiki) one of the most notable french actor who just turned 79 and the description says he currently is in "a difficult time in terms of morale, physical well-being and material needs". His last appearance at the Cesar this year caught my attention, he looks ill. Wouldn't be such a bad pick. 

gettyimages-1469251264-612x612.jpg

jean-pierre-leaud-assistant-aux-cesar-film-awards-48th-a-l-olympia-a-paris-france-sur-24-fevrier-2023-photo-d-aurore-marechal-abacapress-com-2nmrf73.jpg

A very sad new to know that this legend has problems of material needs ! A big name for french list 2024!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fantomasss said:

A very sad new to know that this legend has problems of material needs ! A big name for french list 2024!

Yes, I’m considering adding him to my list next year, as I said I kept him under my radar since the Cesar this year, he barely could walk, I Wonder if he’s gonna make it to 2024

David Duke (Born 1950), Infamous former Imperial Wizard and Neo-Nazi.

• Like 1